NBC is removing 'The Office' from Netflix in 2021 and putting it on its new streaming service

This streaming service wave is going to implode.

NBC has absolutely nothing that even appeals to me to even consider a sub. I may not subscribe to other services outside of Netflix, Hulu, and WWE but other services have content that make consider here and there.

Lmaoooo ain’t nobody buying some nbc streaming service. I couldn’t even tell you what shows are NBC shows. I typically don’t rewatch shows. The office I’ll rewatch on Netflix but it’ll be like it’s too late to watch a movie but I don’t want to sleep yet so I’ll watch an episode or two of the office. Wouldn’t even pay 5 dollars a month for it. 

7 minutes ago, johnny said:

Lmaoooo ain’t nobody buying some nbc streaming service. I couldn’t even tell you what shows are NBC shows. I typically don’t rewatch shows. The office I’ll rewatch on Netflix but it’ll be like it’s too late to watch a movie but I don’t want to sleep yet so I’ll watch an episode or two of the office. Wouldn’t even pay 5 dollars a month for it. 

You can get all your Law and Order spinoffs. And Jimmy Fallon reruns. :daydream:

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How about This Is Us? Looks cheesy as fuck every time they show a commercial for it during SNF.

I watched two seasons of it. Once they show you how the dad in the show dies (it’s a mystery for a while) the show fell of a cliff. Realistically it was bad the whole second season but the dad mystery box kept me engaged. It’s basically the primetime soap opera. 

11 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Haven't watched it. Guess I need to check it out.

For me that show was must see for the first couple seasons... then they kind of went away from the central premise of the show and it got a little too much for me.  I stopped watching it long ago... maybe it got good again.

Can we just please skip straight to the part where we just invent cable again? Disney is going to have at least three major streaming services, AT&T/Warner will have two. Other networks like CBS, NBC, have apps, plus a million apps that are channel specific. Then you've got the tech giants like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, and Apple. There's just a ton of stuff, and as they're all competing with each other, they're all going to inevitably raise their prices to pay for everything, and pretty soon we're going to hit the ceiling of what people are willing to pay. The less successful services that can't garner a sufficient subscriber base will get rolled into others, and soon enough everything will just be a bundle again, and we'll have re-invented cable TV, but on the internet.

In the meantime it means all these doomed streaming services are going to desperately try and poach just enough content to justify a subscription, and it's going to continue to be a freaking pain.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Can we just please skip straight to the part where we just invent cable again? Disney is going to have at least three major streaming services, AT&T/Warner will have two. Other networks like CBS, NBC, have apps, plus a million apps that are channel specific. Then you've got the tech giants like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, and Apple. There's just a ton of stuff, and as they're all competing with each other, they're all going to inevitably raise their prices to pay for everything, and pretty soon we're going to hit the ceiling of what people are willing to pay. The less successful services that can't garner a sufficient subscriber base will get rolled into others, and soon enough everything will just be a bundle again, and we'll have re-invented cable TV, but on the internet.

In the meantime it means all these doomed streaming services are going to desperately try and poach just enough content to justify a subscription, and it's going to continue to be a freaking pain.

I certainly hope there will be a hulu/Disney combo pack that isn't full price.  Amazon I still consider part of my prime membership... then Netflix and HBO GO.  After those I can't/won't do any more.  At least not without figuring out which of the others I would cancel.  

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

?

It was successfully renewed.

I'm talking about everybody saying NBC doesn't have anything worth watching yet Brooklyn Nine-Nine was saved by NBC. Sounds like nobody here plans on watching it.

The Office is the most-watched show on Netflix. Friends is second but not even close to what The Office gets.

Netflix also made The Office significantly more popular than it was when it aired on NBC according to an NBC chairman.

This is a huge reason why Netflix is bulking up its own content; Netflix originals have grown a lot in terms of views since last year, and they're gonna need that as stuff like The Office and probably Friends are removed from the network.

41 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The Office is the most-watched show on Netflix. Friends is second but not even close to what The Office gets.

Netflix also made The Office significantly more popular than it was when it aired on NBC according to an NBC chairman.

This is a huge reason why Netflix is bulking up its own content; Netflix originals have grown a lot in terms of views since last year, and they're gonna need that as stuff like The Office and probably Friends are removed from the network.

Yep yep.

Netflix has been dumping tons into new development for years.  They have some legit hits like Stranger Things.  They are going to need to keep those going because the future does not look good for them getting other providers goods.  Eventually everyone is going to have their own streaming services.  That will someday contract again because several of them will fail.