The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Fortnite (yes, THAT Fortnite!) will host a discussion of race in America, broadcasting all day on July 4

On Saturday, Epic Games will host a discussion about race in America inside the popular video game, Fortnite. In partnership with marketing firm Opus United, the event will be hosted by author and commentator Van Jones. Guests will include Jemele Hill, Elaine Welteroth, and Killer Mike. The event will be rebroadcast in-game for 24 hours throughout July 4.

According to a news release issued today, the event is titled We The People. It will feature “a series of conversations that advance the dialogue around race in America with prominent BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) voices in business, sports, media, music, and entertainment.” It will be available inside the Party Royale mode, which held a debut concert in May.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, Commodore D said:

"Because of what's going on in the world right now, attention goes directly to the African American community and how we can make it better," Tennessee State coach Brian "Penny" Collins added. "Playing for those universities, they make those universities better. There's a sentiment to do whatever they can to help their community. This is just one of the things on the list."

Hope to see things like this come to fruition, in all areas of the black community. The black community needs to take an isolationist approach, its the only thing that will save the community. 

"They want to reclaim their power. We need to care about us. It shouldn't be a crime that I want to go support my own." - North Carolina Central coach LeVelle Moton

I need to make the HBCU movement real so that others will follow,” Maker wrote.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. His generation and the one behind it can lead the charge. Lets put out the fires in our own community before sharing our hose with others; don't accept a loner hose from anyone else either. 

22 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

It should be illegal to carry a gun for self defense outside of your home.

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I agree.

Agreed... like many things in this country, we've seen this before. When frontier towns were being founded in the wild west they had to outlaw guns being carried within town limits because shootings were so common over practically nothing and it was bad for business. We ignore history routinely so we are doomed to repeat it.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:11 PM, Kal-El814 said:

It should be illegal to carry a gun for self defense outside of your home.

The people who legally carry a gun are one of the most statistically the most law abiding group of people in America.  The people who illegally carry a gun are obviously not very law abiding.

22 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The people who legally carry a gun are one of the most statistically the most law abiding group of people in America.  The people who illegally carry a gun are obviously not very law abiding.

i don’t give a shit anymore. Gun ownership is a fucking plague. I grew up with hunters, I know many responsible gun owners, etc. I don’t care. We can’t handle the societal responsibility. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, mrbiggsly said:

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/news/copscourts/couple-charged-in-gun-incident-with-racial-overtones/article_9c7ff9ee-bc84-11ea-a8a3-8b4fbc897f5c.html

They've charged the woman and husband who pulled their guns on the black family and confiscated their guns

Wait? Why charge the husband? He didn’t pull a gun on anyone. Right?

https://www.newsbreak.com/louisiana/shreveport/news/0PV1q0Ca/armed-black-men-show-up-to-hearing-on-confederate-statues-to-protect-black-women

A video is making its rounds on social media for the positive message it’s sending about the relationship between Black men and Black women. On Tuesday, armed Black men from Sleep Is For The Rich Gun Club in Shreveport, Louisiana, showed up in front of the Caddo Parish courthouse with one mission in mind: Protect Black women.