~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

9 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Sigh

im sitting at a cafe next to the Triton Fountain and the most American who ever Americaned walked by.

picture, short guy with a gut wearing digitpat shorts with an American Freedom written with stars and stripes inside of an Eagle with claws out.

Like mother fucker at least be the good American stereotype.

I know I've said this multiple times before, but you gotta get over to the Borghese! Their Bernini collection is incredible.

56 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

What happened to b_m_b_m_b_m? :(

I believe he just wanted to unplug for a bit. AFAIK it wasn't anything personal or permanent, but maybe someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken. 

58 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

What happened to b_m_b_m_b_m? :(

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

I believe he just wanted to unplug for a bit. AFAIK it wasn't anything personal or permanent, but maybe someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken. 

@Nokra is correct, but you can still catch him on the Discord server.

• Thanks 1

Happy loving day!

getting drunk with my fiancé in Palermo to celebrate. We’re steps from the Teatro Politeama Garibaldi. We’re the only interracial couple here from what I’ve seen.

just a reminder of what the right wing chuds want to destroy are moments like this.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

What the heck is a Rokid Max

GLOBAL.ROKID.COM

Buy AR glasses here! Enjoy cinema-grade entertainment, with Rokid Max's massive 215″ 120 Hz borderless screen and Sony-certified sound — all packed into a 75g body. Battle your enemies on the big screen wherever you are, with lasting comfort. Rokid Max AR glasses work with almost any console. Shop now!

Several people here have it and are very happy with it. I think @legend @Nokra @silentbob @Spork3245 all have it.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

GLOBAL.ROKID.COM

Buy AR glasses here! Enjoy cinema-grade entertainment, with Rokid Max's massive 215″ 120 Hz borderless screen and Sony-certified sound — all packed into a 75g body. Battle your enemies on the big screen wherever you are, with lasting comfort. Rokid Max AR glasses work with almost any console. Shop now!

Several people here have it and are very happy with it. I think @legend @Nokra @silentbob @Spork3245 all have it.

I'm waiting on mine to ship still; ordered 5/22/23. 

42 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I'm waiting on mine to ship still; ordered 5/22/23. 

Weird, I ordered mine on June 9 and got an email with a tracking number June 14. Although the estimated delivery has gone from end of the day June 20, to end of the day today (June 18), to "Your package is still on the way, but a delivery date is unavailable right now."

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Weird, I ordered mine on June 9 and got an email with a tracking number June 14. Although the estimated delivery has gone from end of the day June 20, to end of the day today (June 18), to "Your package is still on the way, but a delivery date is unavailable right now."

Aren’t a bunch of FedEx workers on strike right now?

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

I'm happy for you. But I also hate you. :p

Still no update on mine. Did you order any of the accessories with yours, or did you get just the glasses?

Just the hub. Also responded to you in the gaming forum.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just the hub. Also responded to you in the gaming forum.

Thanks, literally hit "Post" here and then got a notification you'd responded. :lol:

I guess I forgot that silentbob ordered his with all the accessories after me and still got his first. Oh well. Thanks for the impressions!

• 2 weeks later...

So update.

I rescinded my applications to other institutions and have decided to stay at my current health-care system. Therapy has been a lot, I’m still doing weekly therapy and my therapist has me under a dbt approach, realized that a lot of my stress response had to do with identity issues and hopefully my new mechanisms and tools will help, childhood trauma has a way of coming up at the most random times. I was only able to get through half of “The Body Keeps the Score” before I start to playing Halo for instance.

When I go back if I find I can’t work there still I can always reapply too. My career will always be in demand.

I realize even being able to take two months off puts me in a massive position of privilege that I should also value moving forward. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1

Y'all, it's like when it rains, it pours. :lol: 

I don't think I've been this tight with money since 2017ish. Over the past year, everything big broke. We just finished paying off a new AC since the old one was 16 years old, I'm paying off a new water heater by the end of August to avoid interest (water heater broke randomly last year), we're paying monthly for new hurricane windows since Hurricane Ian scared the shit out of us, we replaced a faucet in the kitchen because it sprang a leak, and now we're looking at possibly unclogging our main drain in the pool since we think there's an issue, which is gonna cost some money.

Why can't this shit space itself out? It's been way more stressful monetarily because of the number of things that broke. :tired: Adulting, y'all... ugh. Can't wait for these things to get paid off and not have to worry about them so I can save again. Mini-rant over.

• Hugs 4

I hear ya man. During covid both my water heater and my dishwasher broke within a month of each other. After that a storm flooded my basement and I had to have mold mitigation and drywall work done across a whole wall. Then I had to get a leaky faucet replaced too. 

Yours sounds a lot deeper of a hole!

• Hugs 2

16 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm fine financially, but not physically.  I've put on way too much weight since covid.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Same man. It’s gotten out of control :(

iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.g

Spoiler

I too have 20-25 very stubborn pandemic pounds. :(

• Sad 1