~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

Just now, TUFKAK said:

I’m an American and I will poop and clean in a civilized toilet Ty very much! 

Bro actually pressure washing your butthole instead of smearing the poop around with paper is infinitely more civilized. :talkhand:

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

FOUR ROUNDS?!?!?!

Jesus Christ Almighty - that's sadism.

It’s the standard now, my fiancé keeps having this happen to her. She did 5 rounds with DoorDash before they went with someone else.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

It’s the standard now, my fiancé keeps having this happen to her. She did 5 rounds with DoorDash before they went with someone else.

This. I started to notice more panel interviews as well where 3-4 people interview you. I had one where it was two finance, an operations and an hr. Each wanted to ask their own questions so the interview was all over the place and very disjointed.  

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

This. I started to notice more panel interviews as well where 3-4 people interview you. I had one where it was two finance, an operations and an hr. Each wanted to ask their own questions so the interview was all over the place and very disjointed.  

Yup. Round 1 was with HR where one of the questions was what were my needs in terms of compensation (wtf). Round 2 was with the manager. 3 with the Team Lead under the manager, and the 4th was with the Director and another manager. My bosses in my current department all reached out to them after each interview to recommend me.  

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

FOUR ROUNDS?!?!?!

Jesus Christ Almighty - that's sadism.

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

I refuse to interview if it's more than two rounds. Honestly, even in tech, it should just be one interview. There really isn't much gained from having so many rounds, and I say this as a manager who does hiring! Unless you are dealing with veeeeery specific skills that are incredibly rare, the most important thing is just feeling out what kind of person the candidate is. And the thing is...if they manage to BS you (which they could through one or six rounds), you can let them go in the probation period. Wasting so much time on interviews is just ridiculous.

So I managed to stay up until around midnight and got out of bed about 8 AM so fingers crossed that I skip most of the jetlag. The flight took off 12:30 PM west coast and landed 2:30 PM Japan so no really good time to sleep on the plane, you've only been up for a few hours at takeoff and by the time I was ready to consider popping an Ambien and getting a few hours of sleep on the plane it was already about 8 in the morning in Tokyo so I didn't really want to sync to sleeping until noonish Tokyo time. Instead I got a couple of naps each around an hour and just powered through on how long day. Which was surprisingly fine except I felt slightly dizzy/woozy at the sushi place I ate at, not sure if that was staying up too long or walking in the heat (at night the temperature was okay but it was still super humid) or what but I went back to the hotel after that, it was already like 10:30 anyhow so I'd achieved the goal of not passing out at 7 PM. 

Flight from Singapore back to LA I assume I'll have to sleep, it's like 15 hours in the air (only 10 to for the flight to Japan) with a 9 PM Singapore takeoff and 9 PM Los Angeles landing. 

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

How do I always get stuck behind some moron who has never flown before

At least it's not a screaming baby. 

16 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Oh I’m surrounded by sex trophies, good thing I never sleep on flights anyway.

Weird to bring all your sex trophies on a random flight tbh. You don't have a display cabinet at home for that? 

15 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

First travel experience for me.

took off from Munich to go to Düsseldorf, 30 minutes later landed back at Munich.

Apparently the landing gear wouldn’t retract so had to return.

im now flying fucking condor to Chania 😂

You think you'll visit Graubünden?