~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

Who's your carrier? I think I had something similar with Google Fi a long time ago. 

Verizon. First time I can think of that I've ever seen this. I've had extreme network congestion issues in my area before but never on a weeknight and my data service was working just fine at the gym this morning less than an hour before I found out that calls/texts weren't working. (Part of why my mom got worried was that my phone was when she called it straight to voicemail without ringing.)

I'm waiting at CVS to pick up a prescription and I'm stuck behind this woman who decided to do her checkout at the pharmacy counter even though she isn't picking up a prescription nor getting anything like Sudafed that you have to get at the pharmacy counter. And the pharmacy employee is letting her instead if sending her to the front of the store. :facepalm:

It's been seven years, but last year, we started a scholarship based off a coworker/family member (coworker for me) who died, and this week, I head to Georgia to award the first scholarship winners!

To say I'm excited is an understatement. Scholarships are daunting, and seem overwhelming, and there's truly a lot that goes into it. Most of the scholarship board consist of family, so I'm an outlier. I'm also the only white guy. :p 

Should be fun. If you follow me on FB or Insta, you'll see pics later this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

It's been seven years, but last year, we started a scholarship based off a coworker/family member (coworker for me) who died, and this week, I head to Georgia to award the first scholarship winners!

To say I'm excited is an understatement. Scholarships are daunting, and seem overwhelming, and there's truly a lot that goes into it. Most of the scholarship board consist of family, so I'm an outlier. I'm also the only white guy. :p 

Should be fun. If you follow me on FB or Insta, you'll see pics later this week.

Nice job on being the diversity hire. :p 

JK. 

Good on you and all of them. This certainly sounds like it'll properly honor your coworker's memory.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CayceG said:

Nice job on being the diversity hire. :p 

JK. 

Good on you and all of them. This certainly sounds like it'll properly honor your coworker's memory.

Thank you. For a while, I think many of us thought it wasn't going to happen just because of all the trouble we were having figuring out how to get the train out of the station, in a manner of speaking. My advice if anyone here is considering or later will consider starting a scholarship: go big with the ideas (mentorships, multiple scholarships, etc. etc.), but then slim down your first year's goals. Get something simple going and working, and then you can add the other stuff later.

Okay people who know about cars, help me out here. I'm going to buy out the car I'm leasing and it comes with 3 years of free service. I leased the car toward the end of May 2020. Does 3 years of free service cut off at exactly 3 years from when you got the car or would I still get my last free service taking the car in for service in June?

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay people who know about cars, help me out here. I'm going to buy out the car I'm leasing and it comes with 3 years of free service. I leased the car toward the end of May 2020. Does 3 years of free service cut off at exactly 3 years from when you got the car or would I still get my last free service taking the car in for service in June?

Whichever the dealership can convince you of.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

As said, should be in your lease agreement but normally it ends X years from when you started the lease (it did for me).

When you buy out the lease, you can also talk to them about extending maintenance agreement but if you can't get them to give a discount it will probably be more than if you just pay for the service yourself.

I'm a neurotypical person so perhaps I'm LTTP here, and I hope this doesn't come off as anything other than a commentary on my potential ignorance. The Good Doctor has become a main character in a bunch of twitter threads lately because of the main character's apparently overt neurodivergent behavior. Some responses to this have been people posting who they think good or well written characters on the autism spectrum or who are neurodivergent are, and the list is... extensive. Both Ben and Leslie from Parks and Rec, OJ from Nope, most of the vampires from What We Do In The Shadows (apparently both the movie and the show), Jessica Day from New Girl, Elle from Legally Blonde, Lisa Simpson, Kingpin from the Netflix version of Daredevil, Dan Aykroyd's character from Ghostbusters, Drax, JD from Scrubs... the list goes on.

Is this fandom projection? Me not knowing what I'm talking about? Both? Some of these never would have occurred to me in a million years.

On 5/11/2023 at 9:46 AM, Kal-El814 said:

I'm a neurotypical person so perhaps I'm LTTP here, and I hope this doesn't come off as anything other than a commentary on my potential ignorance. The Good Doctor has become a main character in a bunch of twitter threads lately because of the main character's apparently overt neurodivergent behavior. Some responses to this have been people posting who they think good or well written characters on the autism spectrum or who are neurodivergent are, and the list is... extensive. Both Ben and Leslie from Parks and Rec, OJ from Nope, most of the vampires from What We Do In The Shadows (apparently both the movie and the show), Jessica Day from New Girl, Elle from Legally Blonde, Lisa Simpson, Kingpin from the Netflix version of Daredevil, Dan Aykroyd's character from Ghostbusters, Drax, JD from Scrubs... the list goes on.

Is this fandom projection? Me not knowing what I'm talking about? Both? Some of these never would have occurred to me in a million years.

My grumpy onion-on-belt-wearing old man take is that media literacy among an all-time low, hence why some adults only want to watch or read stuff for kids. I don't think that really answers your question though. 

r0960wworrouedpntpcg.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

PEORIA, IL—While celebrating Mother’s Day today, local woman and mother of two Ellen Taylor, 38, was reportedly served breakfast in bed by her children mere minutes after being voraciously eaten out by her husband. “Ooh, what a treat!” said Taylor while receiving a tray of scrambled eggs, pancakes, and orange juice,…

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

Leave of absence officially approved, I will not be full time in an ER until mid September l, if ever again. I have three shifts left.

First interview is tomorrow with the worst healthcare system, but not bedside ER so fuck it, and I’m going to take this time away to focus on myself and reflect if I even want to be in the ER anymore. 

Im good at what I do, I’m one of the most experienced nurses in my department plus the union rep, and I do enjoy emergency medicine. But it’s everything else that has me turning away. Another coworker just resigned and went to patient placement, about as far away from care delivery as possible.

Weekly therapy, back to a bodybuilding lifestyle and travel. I already cancelled my return flight from Tunisia, figure out where to go from Tunis tonight.

• Hugs 5

So new itinerary

flying from Tunis to Rome then from Rome to Palermo. Won’t be back in the third world until late June. 

will cut into bodybuilding life a bit but, Ya know, what better place to focus on yourself than the eternal city.

if you fuckers collapse the world economy while I’m gone I swear.

• 2 weeks later...

American stuck a deadheading pilot next to me on my flight and he's watching Chud News on his tablet. 

And there's a lot of coughing on this flight. Including one woman in my row who can't stop and sounds like she's hacking up a lung and gives the overall impression of joy looking like she's doing so hot. :s

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

American stuck a deadheading pilot next to me on my flight and he's watching Chud News on his tablet. 

And there's a lot of coughing on this flight. Including one woman in my row who can't stop and sounds like she's hacking up a lung and gives the overall impression of joy looking like she's doing so hot. :s

:SARS-CoV-2:

Wandered the ruins of Dougga today, absolutely awe inspiring ruins, I spent all day there and have the pink skin to show. Last time I was here I didn’t get to go. Full Tunisian lunch at a restaurant near the site for like 15 usd. There’s a reason I keep coming here.

• Shocked 1

Sigh

im sitting at a cafe next to the Triton Fountain and the most American who ever Americaned walked by.

picture, short guy with a gut wearing digitpat shorts with an American Freedom written with stars and stripes inside of an Eagle with claws out.

Like mother fucker at least be the good American stereotype.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1