~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Calling the cops over $14 in items is pretty lame before you even get to the dopey cop manhandling a tiny old lady.

Even more stupid because Walmart usually doesn't give a shit if you steal. Worked there three years during college and watched so many people blatantly steal shit then come back and return it for gift cards. Not a damn thing was done. We had a loss prevention guy, but I never saw him stop one person stealing.

GettyImages-1232332764.jpg?w=1080
DEFECTOR.COM

Let us instead use the construction "police claim." It is a subtle difference but a meaningful one. It implies a measure of doubt, which no one can credibly argue hasn't been earned many times over.

This is a really good article.

"[Police] lie for the same reason anyone lies: to avoid punishment. They’re not special in that sense. Where they are unique is in the layers upon layers of systems that let them get away with it. Police unions protect their own uncritically. Laws are written to give them qualified immunity from civil lawsuits. Prosecutors decline to bring charges, or fail to convince grand juries, which famously “would indict a ham sandwich” if competently petitioned.

But the police’s biggest ally is an industry that ought to be an antagonist to power: the media. Reporters parrot the police line, generally without a hint of skepticism, right up until the moment when hard evidence proves the police line untrustworthy. Every day-after crime story you read features a statement from police—vetted and put out by a centralized clearinghouse just for providing the media with statements; here in New York it’s the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Public Information, but it goes by different names in different cities—and usually from no one else. It goes beyond just the statement itself; the whole story as passed along is entirely made up of the police narrative. Go look at your local paper right now and click on any crime story, and I wager good money you will find something single-sourced."

Portland cops murder homeless man who was having a mental health episode.  Two of the officers firedn non-lethalprojectiles while the third decided to blow him away.

"Witness describes police shooting, interaction with man shot in Lents Park"

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
file-20210415-17-ncvplp.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1
THECONVERSATION.COM

The continued killings of Black people at the hands of the police in the United States has contributed to an environment of continued marginalization and oppression.

:hmm:

Isn't this what we saw on January 6 doe.

Minnesota police openly attacking, arresting journalists during protests

Wtf are they thinking?  Not even people generally sympathetic to the police can reasonably support this.  At least with the protesters you can try to latch onto the whole “some of them got out of control” line.  Sympathizers can be led to believe that there are some bad actors lurking in a crowd of protesters. (whether it’s true or not) No one’s going to buy “some Minneapolis Star Tribune reporters got violent”.  If I were a police captain/commissioner actually trying to get this shit under control I’d be furious.

43 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Wtf are they thinking?  Not even people generally sympathetic to the police can reasonably support this.  At least with the protesters you can try to latch onto the whole “some of them got out of control” line.  Sympathizers can be led to believe that there are some bad actors lurking in a crowd of protesters. (whether it’s true or not) No one’s going to buy “some Minneapolis Star Tribune reporters got violent”.  If I were a police captain/commissioner actually trying to get this shit under control I’d be furious.

NYPD-badge-generic-resized-8.jpg?fit=120
WWW.NBCNEWYORK.COM

The Police Benevolent Association, the city’s largest police union, broke with a longstanding tradition of not endorsing presidential candidates and threw its support behind Trump, as many...

nypd isn't an outlier here

Chuds hate journalists in addition to racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities. They're fascists and it's high time for normies democrats to get their shit together and realize this arm of the state isn't there to protect you, but is there to force upon and uphold the white capitalist ethnostate and their own power (these two things which are hand in hand)

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Because it doesn't move the needle so why should they care? Anyone that's isn't disturbed by escalating police violence isn't going to care about them beating up and arresting journalists. Those people are likely cheering it on because they already hate the media. I think you are going to be very disappointed if you believe people that didn't care before will start to here when police were attacking journalists last year and it didn't really change things.

1618927707803-coptampon.png?image-resize
WWW.VICE.COM

The object, eventually identified as a cloth that had accidentally made its way into his drink, sparked paranoia in an LA cop and a criminal investigation, according to newly released documents.

Turns out, not a tampon, just a cleaning cloth that accidentally was in the ice. Accidents happen and this cop tried ruining someone’s life.

If I’m not mistaken, this was the cop who’s own daughter even said he was full of shit?

4 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

for four years a pro-police, violent, bully of an administration named and convinced supporters that the media/press are the enemy. They won’t shed a tear or be bothered one bit by a journalist getting roughed up or arrested by the police. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

GET HIM!!! HE'S RELAXED AND TAKING OUT THE TRASH 

Watching this video hot on the heels of some toolbag in my kickboxing group text dropping the wisdom that is 'if you don't want cops to escalate, just stop resisting!'. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:
1618927707803-coptampon.png?image-resize
WWW.VICE.COM

The object, eventually identified as a cloth that had accidentally made its way into his drink, sparked paranoia in an LA cop and a criminal investigation, according to newly released documents.

Turns out, not a tampon, just a cleaning cloth that accidentally was in the ice. Accidents happen and this cop tried ruining someone’s life.

If I’m not mistaken, this was the cop who’s own daughter even said he was full of shit?

The "reporter" who broke that "story" is a cop bootlicker stenographer.

5 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Even if for some reason you don't believe that police are racist, they are so bad at their jobs that every single one of them should be fired. If a server messes up orders they get fired, but police can kill kids and well, them's the breaks.

Look, she called the cops because she was being abused and now she can't be abused any more, sounds like a job well done to me.

16 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Even if for some reason you don't believe that police are racist, they are so bad at their jobs that every single one of them should be fired. If a server messes up orders they get fired, but police can kill kids and well, them's the breaks.

According to Bryant, Makiyah called the police because someone in her house was abusing her. She went on to say that police saw a knife on the ground near Makiyah and shot the teenager four times.

A woman identified as Tay Jones wrote on Facebook that she had witnessed the shooting and posted video purportedly from the scene. She said the 15-year-old had a knife “because somebody tried to jump her.” The white police officer who shot her never told her to put down the knife, according to Jones.