~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:
ap21138845089232_wide-f2c0422c6712d4a4d0
WWW.NPR.ORG

"I'm your brother! I'm scared! I'm scared!" Ronald Greene can be heard telling Louisiana state troopers in the footage, released two years later in a case that has been shrouded in secrecy.

They told the family he died when his car hit a tree.

Yea, I read all about this. Something needs to be done but I just don't know how some of this can be controlled. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I read all about this. Something needs to be done but I just don't know how some of this can be controlled. 

Jailtime for falsifying a police report. Jailtime for tampering with bodycams. I don't see why the first isn't treated as perjury and the second as tampering with evidence.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Don't know how it can be controlled? It's ON CAMERA. Some higher up in that department covered that shit up and needs to be held accountable You control this shit by holding cops accountable. By making the lawsuits that THEY cause come out of THEIR budgets (They don't, they come out of the city's budget) and you root out the bad cops and don't give them the ability to leave one job and go into law enforcement in another jurisdiction.  I again, I have not one but TWO generations of Cops in my family (My Grandmother and Father, both retired) The stories I heard growing up from them will make your toes curl.

I remember getting harrassed by cops and having to drop my dad's name CONSTANTLY in my 20's to get them to back off... one time a Cop harassed me and I was a passenger in a Cab :|. Too many cops have an "Above the law" attitude and too many cops shouldn't be cops in the first fucking place. Too much power in the hands of folks who have bad temperaments. Also "Good" cops need to weed out the "Bad" ones and stop turning a blind eye to the shit that they KNOW is going on in their departments. I know a TON of cops personally... they will tell you in private who shouldn't be on the force but often those guys are protected. The whole culture of law enforcement on the state and local side is fucked up. It CAN change and it really needs to.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't know how it can be controlled? It's ON CAMERA. Some higher up in that department covered that shit up and needs to be held accountable You control this shit by holding cops accountable. By making the lawsuits that THEY cause come out of THEIR budgets (They don't, they come out of the city's budget) and you root out the bad cops and don't give them the ability to leave one job and go into law enforcement in another jurisdiction.  I again, I have not one but TWO generations of Cops in my family (My Grandmother and Father, both retired) The stories I heard growing up from them will make your toes curl.

I remember getting harrassed by cops and having to drop my dad's name CONSTANTLY in my 20's to get them to back off... one time a Cop harassed me and I was a passenger in a Cab :|. Too many cops have an "Above the law" attitude and too many cops shouldn't be cops in the first fucking place. Too much power in the hands of folks who have bad temperaments. Also "Good" cops need to weed out the "Bad" ones and stop turning a blind eye to the shit that they KNOW is going on in their departments. I know a TON of cops personally... they will tell you in private who shouldn't be on the force but often those guys are protected. The whole culture of law enforcement on the state and local side is fucked up. It CAN change and it really needs to.

Great post and point. That's not entirely eye opening in what you said but it's extremely spot on. When I said I'm not sure how this can be controlled it's because of what you said in your post. It's constantly covered up and cops get away with murder. Literally. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Great post and point. That's not entirely eye opening in what you said but it's extremely spot on. When I said I'm not sure how this can be controlled it's because of what you said in your post. It's constantly covered up and cops get away with murder. Literally. 

Yeah but it can be controlled by the public DEMANDING for it to be controlled. Cops have historically been given the benefit of the doubt waaay too much and we see that they aren't really worthy of it in a lot of instances. They just aren't. Again its a cultural problem going back to the roots of how and why a lot of police departments un this country were formed in the first place. Law Enforcement in this country has to be rethought and rebuilt from the bottom up. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but it can be controlled by the public DEMANDING for it to be controlled. Cops have historically been given the benefit of the doubt waaay too much and we see that they aren't really worthy of it in a lot of instances. They just aren't. Again its a cultural problem going back to the roots of how and why a lot of police departments un this country were formed in the first place. Law Enforcement in this country has to be rethought and rebuilt from the bottom up. 

100% agree.

Houston-Cops-Allege-Criminal-Sex-Enterpr
LAWANDCRIME.COM

Male superiors allegedly groped and kissed female deputies, forced them to shop for sex toys, to get naked and give lap dances, and to be sexually assaulted anally and vaginally.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:
LAWANDCRIME.COM

Male superiors allegedly groped and kissed female deputies, forced them to shop for sex toys, to get naked and give lap dances, and to be sexually assaulted anally and vaginally.

So two weeks paid leave? 

On 5/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, Jason said:
LAWANDCRIME.COM

What in the holy hell did I just read (read the entire article). That is beyond gross and so hideous on so many levels. Wow.

It reminds me that in my home metro area, only 47 cops have ever been killed in the line of duty. Ever. As in since the civil war. Only 2 cops have been murdered since 2003. An actual Portland city cop hasn't been killed since 1998.

Why is that? Because they hardly ever put themselves in danger, yet they always pretend they're in it.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

It reminds me that in my home metro area, only 47 cops have ever been killed in the line of duty. Ever. As in since the civil war. Only 2 cops have been murdered since 2003. An actual Portland city cop hasn't been killed since 1998.

Why is that? Because they hardly ever put themselves in danger, yet they always pretend they're in it.

1438623292777.jpg
REASON.COM

A psychology professor testifies that there's pretty much always a good reason.

They're trained to always say that they feared for their life.

57 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

one year ago was really fucked up. Richmond VA PD also tear gassed hundreds of peaceful protestors in broad daylight who were on their knees with their hands up on a grassy median. 

There was so much chaos going on last year, it seems like I can remember a fucked up event from at least 10 major cities.

Interesting development

Clearly this is isn't a truly safe device. It's a symptom of the militarization problem departments have and will undoubtedly cause some problems...but it sparked something I've been thinking about for a few days: Let's say most cops (patrol units, etc) were forced to use these batman gadget things instead of actual guns...how much of an improvement over the current system do you think it would be?