~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

If stopping a person from attacking another with a deadly weapon is not justified use of force, literally nothing is and you should just say you don’t believe police officers should ever be allowed to shoot somebody.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

There’s no doubt that if we change the ROE for police officers, or didn’t arm all of them with guns all the time, there would absolutely be situations in which people would be hurt or killed when they wouldn’t have been had the officer had a gun. Pointing those out doesn’t change the fact that police SHOULD have ROE changed and we SHOULD consider that maybe fewer people would die if the police weren’t all equipped with firearms.

without a doubt. An armed officer is not needed on every call. 

their argument would be any situation can become dangerous and they could need a weapon. But we’ve seen too often where them having a gun escalates a situation and they’re the only ones that end up as a danger to human life. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Pretty much. I don’t like it being a kid and all and a minority but I understand it.  Do I think it could have gone differently if the victim was white? Absolutely. But getting shot in the act of attacking someone is justified.

I changed my mind. Saw the footage, she lunged before he shot her, she was falling away from the person she was attacking.  He straight up murdered her

6 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

she was falling away from the person she was attacking. 

I don’t know what you are seeing but that does not appear to be the case.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If stopping a person from attacking another with a deadly weapon is not justified use of force, literally nothing is and you should just say you don’t believe police officers should ever be allowed to shoot somebody.

How many times do cops mistake innocuous objects for weapons as a justification for deadly force?

policevisiontest.png

This is tongue in cheek but the first response for police should not necessarily be deadly force. Did the cop get it right this time and got someone with an actual weapon? Yes. Does this type of training inevitably lead to unnecessary deaths by state actors? Absolutely.

I personally am of the opinion that normal beat cops should not carry. I think that change alone would fundamentally alter police policy and individual officer behavior.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I personally am of the opinion that normal beat cops should not carry. I think that change alone would fundamentally alter police policy and individual officer behavior.

Like in the UK, beat cops and I think even the officers who show up when you call 999 don't have a gun but they have armed units they can call in if it's necessary.

Isaiah-Brown.jpeg?fit=1200%2C675&quality
WWW.NBCWASHINGTON.COM

A Virginia man was shot multiple times by a sheriff’s deputy after the deputy gave him a ride home, left and then was called back to the man’s home for help.  Isaiah Brown, 32, is in intensive care with 10 bullet wounds after being shot outside his home in Spotsylvania County early Wednesday, his family says.  The home health care…

This is from my local paper:

79943d97-ac40-4cc9-8e9e-bfae30c7a6cd-POL
WWW.TENNESSEAN.COM

An autopsy shows Boyd died as a result of excited delirium syndrome with contributory factors of "cocaine intoxication" and brain hemorrhaging.

"Excited Delirium Syndrome" doesn't exist and the cops make that shit up to blame people dying in their custody on literally anything besides being in their custody.

But that didn't stop the cops and the paper from getting an explanation laundered through a doctor who is associated with Nashville's fire department:

Excited delirium syndrome is also called agitated delirium, said Dr. Corey Slovis, professor of emergency medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Nashville Fire Department medical director.

"It's a syndrome of people being predominantly males, predominantly young males wild, sweating, delirious, not responsive to commands and combative with an increased heart rate," Slovis said. The syndrome, the doctor said, is often associated with cocaine, alcohol and prior psychological disease.

TL;DR is that the cops tased this guy and that gave him a heart attack. 

1200px-PinelRestaint.jpg
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The basis for what is SURE to be totally successful marriage.

Someone in the comments called it a red flag for a guy who'll beat the shit out of you while saying it's because of how much he loves you.