~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

CPDRAID_121720_14.jpg
CHICAGO.SUNTIMES.COM

"Justice has to be served. Not only for Ms. [Anjanette] Young but for any other woman in the city of Chicago, no matter what ward they live in. This is wrong," Ald. Stephanie Coleman said Wednesday.

Another story about bodycam footage that is embarrassing to cops, so they try to keep it from the public.

2 hours ago, Chadatog said:
CPDRAID_121720_14.jpg
CHICAGO.SUNTIMES.COM

"Justice has to be served. Not only for Ms. [Anjanette] Young but for any other woman in the city of Chicago, no matter what ward they live in. This is wrong," Ald. Stephanie Coleman said Wednesday.

Another story about bodycam footage that is embarrassing to cops, so they try to keep it from the public.

Gotta love our public servants doing everything in their power with the assistance of their corrupt unions to sweep evidence under the rug in an attempt to conceal it from the ones they're sworn to protect.  Saw that story on the news tonight.  What a horrific ordeal that poor woman had to go through.  

On 12/16/2020 at 9:50 PM, vaxick said:

Gotta love our public servants doing everything in their power with the assistance of their corrupt unions to sweep evidence under the rug in an attempt to conceal it from the ones they're sworn to protect.  Saw that story on the news tonight.  What a horrific ordeal that poor woman had to go through.  

Worked on this story tonight and the full unedited video is even more disturbing than what the news showed. 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:17 PM, Chadatog said:
CPDRAID_121720_14.jpg
CHICAGO.SUNTIMES.COM

They fight ALL of the public requests for bodycam footage. Even instances that would help THEM.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Cops pepper spray 9 year old girl "because they had to".

e91f4eec-aa2f-44f0-b408-0333f359eb1f-ATT
WWW.DEMOCRATANDCHRONICLE.COM

A Rochester police officer was "required" to spray an "irritant" in the face of a handcuffed minor during a mental health call Friday, RPD said.

I've mentioned it here before and I will again. My second daughter is on the spectrum. She has her rare moments and we're worried what those times will look like when she's older. That said, my wife and I have a very simple rule. We will never dial 911. We don't care about what happens, we'll figure out how to handle it on our own or with friends and family.

How broken is policing in this country that, even for a possible emergency situation, my wife and I had to talk about this when my daughter isn't even old enough for kindergarten. I would love to know what it would be like to live somewhere I don't have to worry and can call on emergency services whenever I feel there's an emergency.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I've mentioned it here before and I will again. My second daughter is on the spectrum. She has her rare moments and we're worried what those times will look like when she's older. That said, my wife and I have a very simple rule. We will never dial 911. We don't care about what happens, we'll figure out how to handle it on our own or with friends and family.

How broken is policing in this country that, even for a possible emergency situation, my wife and I had to talk about this when my daughter isn't even old enough for kindergarten. I would love to know what it would be like to live somewhere I don't have to worry and can call on emergency services whenever I feel there's an emergency.

My Ex's son is severely autistic and is non verbal and she's terrified of him having an encounter with the police. Added to the fact that he just turned 18, looks black despite being bi-racial and also presents as typical at first glance. Watching that video is infuriating because these cops seemed to be unable to get a kid having a tantrum into a car despite having handcuffed her already :| Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My Ex's son is severely autistic and is non verbal and she's terrified of him having an encounter with the police. Added to the fact that he just turned 18, looks black despite being bi-racial and also presents as typical at first glance. Watching that video is infuriating because these cops seemed to be unable to get a kid having a tantrum into a car despite having handcuffed her already :| Ridiculous.

I'm lucky that we're talking about my daughter here in that regard. She's still a brown girl, but I don't know how worried I'd be if we were talking about my BIPOC son instead. It sucks. Everything about policing and mental health support and everything in this country sucks. We just got our daughter and iPhone running one if those communication through picture apps to see if it helps since she's mostly nonverbal. There's are dedicated devices for this, but they're more expensive and not covered by my great compared to most other people insurance. My daughter's neurologist also wants her saying a therapist...which insurance won't cover, so those visits are entirely or of pocket. Joy.

When you get yourself fired because you're too dumb to figure out how body cameras work :|

oakImage-1612120281108-videoSixteenByNin
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The remarks by the chief and patrolman in Hamilton, Ga., were discovered after a city worker found the footage on a camera that had been thought to be malfunctioning.