In yet another sign of the entertainment industry's creative bankruptcy, they're already rebooting The Office.

Jason

There’s always so much praise and love for The Office, but I remember by the time the show ended, it had already more than over stayed it’s welcome.  Storylines that seemed too far fetched and characters doing things out of character.  Bringing back the show in this day and age….. ehhh I don’t know. Not big on the idea.

47 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

There’s always so much praise and love for The Office, but I remember by the time the show ended, it had already more than over stayed it’s welcome.  Storylines that seemed too far fetched and characters doing things out of character.  Bringing back the show in this day and age….. ehhh I don’t know. Not big on the idea.

Correct. Should've ended with the season three finale.

But I still binge the entire series every couple of years.

• Like 1

This is dumb not just because the show isn't that old, but because the mocumentary has already been done in many different forms. I really doubt they're going to latch onto a new unique angle. Just put the "original" one on more syndication. It will probably be more profitable.

“I think it would just be sort of like an extension of the universe, you know what I mean, like the way [The] Mandalorian is like an extension of Star Wars. But I don’t know if that would be something people would want or not, it’s hard to tell.”

Ah yes, who wouldn't want the OCU?

• Haha 1

To be fair, it doesn't sound like a remake at all. It even says in the article that some of the actors might reprise their roles in some capacity. It sounds more like a sequel.

I mean... it's a mockumentary about office culture. It's not exactly like that concept gets old, and the show ended 10 years ago. You could easily make a new version of the show every 10 years with new characters and jokes.

It was shot in that style, and they talk to the camera sometimes like they are on a reality tv show, but to the best of my knowledge they are not supposed to be on a documentary. I don't know, I only watched the show in passing and always thought that aspect was weird.