Rebel Moon, Zack Snyder's R Rated "Not Star Wars Star Wars Movie" First Trailer Has Dropped

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

I know what he meant :P 

I think all other rankings are just based on what generation you are in and mine is the only correct one 

Oh I knew you knew, I just wanted to pile on about how bad that ranking was. :p How old are you? I'm 36. Rankings can be based on anything, I'm with you, but the prequels are badly directed, poorly shot films. Lots of sitting and talking. Lots of walking and talking. Lots of back and forth head shots. It's all just so boringly acted and filmed. The dialogue is stilted and there's too much green screen. People who love the prequels are more likely in love with the world building and the ideas the prequels try to put forth, but the execution is miserable.

The sequel trilogy is not great either. The Force Awakens destroyed whatever unique tone Star Wars used to have, and The Rise of Skywalker was one of the worst theatrical experiences I've ever had. The Last Jedi is good but not great but I do like it.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh I knew you knew, I just wanted to pile on about how bad that ranking was. :p How old are you? I'm 36. Rankings can be based on anything, I'm with you, but the prequels are badly directed, poorly shot films. Lots of sitting and talking. Lots of walking and talking. Lots of back and forth head shots. It's all just so boringly acted and filmed. The dialogue is stilted and there's too much green screen. People who love the prequels are more likely in love with the world building and the ideas the prequels try to put forth, but the execution is miserable.

The sequel trilogy is not great either. The Force Awakens destroyed whatever unique tone Star Wars used to have, and The Rise of Skywalker was one of the worst theatrical experiences I've ever had. The Last Jedi is good but not great but I do like it.

Im 41 and not like a huge fan of any of the movies. I like the video games a lot more than I like the movies, of which none I think are particularly great movies on their own. So for me I treat them all more like video game adaptions.

I thought 2 was most interesting because it had a lot of lore and detail into the politics of the universe and helped fill in some gaps in my knowledge with the games. 3 for similar reasons, but it seems to have a little more action so I rank it lower. I like 6 because I really like the Ewoks and think they are cute. 4 is a pretty good start to the franchise and I have a lot of nostalgia for that one and it reminds me of the original Disneyland ride. 8 is probably the closest one to an actual great movie. 5 is pretty boring and nothing really happens but it has some cool set pieces and I like Hoth. 1 feels like a continuation of ep6 tone wise, like a family movie, but jar jars are not even close to the ewoks. It has some fun moments though.  9 was hokey and pretty bad but it had some cool force stuff and I liked that Luke had a prominent role. 7 was just too much a worse remake of 4 so the most worthless and pretty boring throughout.

• Thanks 1

Lol I was just giving you shit. 

I do like that you don’t have 5 at the top. Aside from Hoth it’s by far my least favorite of the original trilogy. I’m sure if I was 50, saw it in theaters and had the finale blow my mind it would be higher. But I’m 40, saw them all out of order on VHS and the Ewok that doesn’t wake up hits WAYYYYY harder than some parental reveal every damn time 🤣

• Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I do like that you don’t have 5 at the top. Aside from Hoth it’s by far my least favorite of the original trilogy. I’m sure if I was 50, saw it in theaters and had the finale blow my mind it would be higher. But I’m 40, saw them all out of order on VHS and the Ewok that doesn’t wake up hits WAYYYYY harder than some parental reveal every damn time 🤣

THANK you. I don’t get why people have it so high in their rankings. I was so bored my last watch of it. And I know my ranking is wayyyyy off from most people’s which is why I love providing it!

10 hours ago, stepee said:

THANK you. I don’t get why people have it so high in their rankings. I was so bored my last watch of it. And I know my ranking is wayyyyy off from most people’s which is why I love providing it!

Empire has the worst pacing of the OG Trilogy. Fight me.

Hot take: I just generally don't like Star Wars. The only ones I kind of enjoy are New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. The rest of them range from "take it or leave it" to actually bad. I fell asleep during The Last Jedi and the Rise of Skywalker. I actually tried to get through The Last Jedi 2 or 3 times unsuccessfully.

I've even read a few of the novels, and they were... fine. I don't even remember what they were called anymore.

I feel like I spent so much of my life pretending to like Star Wars because all of my friends did and now I'm confident enough to say that I just think it sucks. #sorrynotsorry

• Halal 2

• 1 month later...
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Evil Genius Games filed a lawsuit against the streaming giant over a tabletop game it created for Zack Snyder's space opera, which will allegedly incorporate...

The plot thickens. The game maker us saying the movie uses ideas THEY came up with because a finished script wasn't given to them when they entered into the deal. Not surprising given who the director of this is.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, Mercury33 said:

Episode V is one of the best scifi/space movies ever made .

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be reviewing worse than his movies usually do

WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes REBEL MOON, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making. When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival. Tasked with finding trained fighters...