Rebel Moon, Zack Snyder's R Rated "Not Star Wars Star Wars Movie" First Trailer Has Dropped

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

snyder hasn’t made a good movie in a loooooooooong time 

I know everyone will find this debatable but I found Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League (while overlong) to be a really fun, well done comic book movie for the most part. There's a reason it has a 72% all critics score on RottenTomatoes (with a 6.7/10 rating, pretty high) and has a 93% audience score on RT (with a 4.6/5 after 25,000+ votes). The film also has a 7.9/10 (super high) after 430,000 votes on IMDb. Going by all of those metrics, I'm going to count that as a good movie and that came out 3 years ago in 2021. So that's not really a long time. 

Now, Batman v Superman was really bad, so yeah, I'm with everyone there. But I really liked Man of Steel, which came out all the way back in 2013, so yes, 11 years ago is a long time. Of the last 5 movies he's made since Man of Steel, only one has been good (Justice League) but lots of directors go on bad streaks for various reasons (as I explained, Snyder switching DP's and composers has not helped him since Man of Steel). Michael Bay shot 4 Transformers sequels that were all uniformly terrible (I genuinely still like the first film) but he's done the excellent Pain & Gain and Ambulance as well during that same period (and 13 Hours was also surprisingly solid). Shyamalan made 4 bad movies in a row (Lady in the Water, The Happening, After Earth, The Last Airbender) before The Visit and Split then happened, which were good. So Snyder can always turn it around, potentially.

Rebel Moon: Part Two - The Scargiver is remarkably bad in basically every way that a sci-fi movie can be bad. The nicest thing I can say about it is that individual shots are occasionally pretty, but only in the way that an AI generated generic sci-fi image might be. Every single other thing here is just bad. The writing, the acting the directing, the music. It's all just so lazy and boring.

This is the worst thing Snyder has made.

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

OH SNAP!  HERE COMES THE ACTUALLY R-RATED DIRECTOR'S CUT!

WWW.IGN.COM

The director's cut of Rebel Moon – Part One: A Child of Fire has seemingly got a new title and an official R-rating ahead of its release on Netflix.

The director's cut of Rebel Moon – Part One: A Child of Fire has seemingly got a new title and an official R-rating ahead of its release on Netflix.

The first part of Zack Snyder's sci-fi saga appeared on the Film Ratings website, with an alternative title of Rebel Moon - Chapter One: Chalice of Blood for the director's cut. It is also rated R for "brutal, bloody violence and gore, sexual content, graphic nudity and language," as opposed to the PG-13 rating of the original release.