CNN Hosting Trump Town Hall on May 10th

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, probably their best ratings in years now. Ratings matter, and CNN was struggling, so I doubt it’s the last GOP town hall they do. 

CNN hasn't been low rated since, like, the early 2010s, particularly the prized 25-54 demographic.

55 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

CNN hasn't been low rated since, like, the early 2010s, particularly the prized 25-54 demographic.

It’s literally has the lowest ratings of the 3 major networks. They generally can’t crack a million primetime and 100k in the key demographic.

5 things to know for May 11: CNN town hall, Immigration, Covid, Sudan, Textbook ban

230510205735-10-cnn-trump-town-hall-2305
WWW.CNN.COM

CNN's 5 Things brings you the news you need to know every morning.

I really don't t know what CNN is trying to accomplish here. Seems like they're trying to have it both ways.

I think CNN incorrectly believes that it can court viewership that it desperately needs while hiding behind "journalist integrity" by providing the slug lord a platform and then "holding him accountable", which of course, they will not. 

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

It’s literally has the lowest ratings of the 3 major networks. They generally can’t crack a million primetime and 100k in the key demographic.

They crack 100k all the time in the key demographic. Anderson Cooper even topped Fox/MSNBC in that demographic Monday. You're using the word "struggling," but even with fluctuating profits, it remains a profitable channel. Their morning shows are low rated, but their primetime shows do pretty well in the 25-54 demo.

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:
0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

With a slow news cycle, several changes in program hosts, and cord cutting, the three cable news in first quarter when compared to last year. The "good news" they still rank...

Fox is far and away the leader, and as I said, CNN is struggling.

Fox isn't "far and away" the leader. MSNBC beat Fox in the 6a, 3p, 4p, 6p, and 10p Monday in total viewers. And even while not getting close to the same viewership, the 25-54 key demo is very competitive. Ex: 3pm is Fox 151k/MSNBC 161k/CNN 145k. 

Article even talks about all of cable news seeing declines. 

The last time Fox was the runaway leader was, like, the 2000s. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I think CNN incorrectly believes that it can court viewership that it desperately needs while hiding behind "journalist integrity" by providing the slug lord a platform and then "holding him accountable", which of course, they will not. 

This seems to be the tack they are taking. All of the morning programs on CNN this morning were talking about how he's still the same Trump telling the same lies so it seems that they ARE going to call him on his bullshit. The problem is, they did the same thing in 2016 and helped propel him to the White House with all of the free publicity they gave him because he was ratings gold for them. Time will tell if history repeats.

• Halal 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

This seems to be the tack they are taking. All of the morning programs on CNN this morning were talking about how he's still the same Trump telling the same lies so it seems that they ARE going to call him on his bullshit. The problem is, they did the same thing in 2016 and helped propel him to the White House with all of the free publicity they gave him because he was ratings gold for them. Time will tell if history repeats.

And they know that and the board at CNN doesn't care. The worse the news, the more people consume it. Add in share holders and you get a pretty nasty mind set that laughs its way to the bank. News for profit is invariably a terrible thing. 

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

Can’t wait for him to host SNL again 

Yeah that's never gonna happen. Lorne Michaels ain't gonna let it.

20 minutes ago, ort said:

The sad truth is that Trump was the best thing to ever happen to cable news stations.

Nah... True Crime was. It was cases like OJ, The Menendez Bros, Lorena Bobbit etc. that launched these networks and those cases captured EVERYONE'S imaginations, not just people interested in politics and racists. Trump is a train wreck that a not insignificant portion of the population is sick of watching.

• True 1

Man, remember when he had that one press conference on Covid, and CNN put up chyrons calling him out?

200413202648-05-coronavirus-briefing-041
AMP.CNN.COM

Viewers of Monday's White House briefing on the coronavirus saw a president in meltdown mode, clearly rattled by the reporting of national news outlets.

Good times.

12 hours ago, BloodyHell said:
0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

With a slow news cycle, several changes in program hosts, and cord cutting, the three cable news in first quarter when compared to last year. The "good news" they still rank...

Fox is far and away the leader, and as I said, CNN is struggling.

This is a good thing. Cable news offers nearly zero value.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

This is a good thing. Cable news offers nearly zero value.

I would argue it’s way less than zero.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:
230510165125-06-cnn-trump-town-hall-2305
WWW.CNN.COM

It's hard to see how America was served by the spectacle of lies that aired on CNN Wednesday evening.

Here's an editorial on CNN's website about how CNN royally fucked up.

Having it both ways x100000000

Yeah they can get fucked.

• True 2
  • Halal 2

It's amazing how little lessons we learned from the first time around. I have leftist friends who are already starting to treat Trump like an entertaining joke again. People are getting really complacent and not treating him like the viable threat that he is.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Reputator said:
230510165125-06-cnn-trump-town-hall-2305
WWW.CNN.COM

It's hard to see how America was served by the spectacle of lies that aired on CNN Wednesday evening.

Here's an editorial on CNN's website about how CNN royally fucked up.

Having it both ways x100000000

Damn that's on CNN's own website... I can only imagine what's being said elsewhere. This made absolutely no sense to me when I heard it that they gave this guy this platform. They must really be desperate for ratings over there or something else is going on. CNN is in danger of losing what few faitful domestic viers it has with this shit.