CNN Hosting Trump Town Hall on May 10th

Did anyone catch the Pence town hall?

I watched a bit of it. He relies on the standard series of lies about the Obama and Biden administrations, but he is able to speak clearly and articulately, and talk frankly about Trump and Putin. He also doesn't have a combative and divisive demeanor, so I think if the GOP was smart, he'd be the safest nominee, but of course they won't pick him.

I mean he's still a gun-hugging, Bible-thumping standard issue Republican, and would be terrible for the country, but he's at least not as unhinged as the others. More like the old Republican party prior to Trump.

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Did anyone catch the Pence town hall?

I watched a bit of it. He relies on the standard series of lies about the Obama and Biden administrations, but he is able to speak clearly and articulately, and talk frankly about Trump and Putin. He also doesn't have a combative and divisive demeanor, so I think if the GOP was smart, he'd be the safest nominee, but of course they won't pick him.

I mean he's still a gun-hugging, Bible-thumping standard issue Republican, and would be terrible for the country, but he's at least not as unhinged as the others. More like the old Republican party prior to Trump.

And the crowd goes mild. I like to think that I am able to look beyond something as shallow as charisma when it comes to somebody running for political office. But my god is Pence the most boring white bread skim milk milquetoast mayonnaise milkshake of a person that ever lived. I should hate him for his policy positions but he's so plain that I hate him for his plain-ness.

49 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

And the crowd goes mild. I like to think that I am able to look beyond something as shallow as charisma when it comes to somebody running for political office. But my god is Pence the most boring white bread skim milk milquetoast mayonnaise milkshake of a person that ever lived. I should hate him for his policy positions but he's so plain that I hate him for his plain-ness.

Boring can win you a general election but no way in hell does it win you a modern GOP primary. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Boring can win you a general election but no way in hell does it win you a modern GOP primary. 

I remember debating with a friend over whether or not it would have been better if Trump had died of covid in 2020, and he was worried about Pence as the incumbent actually beating Biden.

Pence is weird because he’s so boring but he’s also someone who if they had totally unchecked power, like in the old days, beyond what would be easily obtainable now, he would do a lot of really weird violent shit. Like skin people alive in public for holding hands that sort of thing. Which definitely isn’t boring but since he can’t go full psychopath within the rules of modern society he is suchhhhh a snooze.

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I remember debating with a friend over whether or not it would have been better if Trump had died of covid in 2020, and he was worried about Pence as the incumbent actually beating Biden.

Trump's near-death COVID experience was after the election doe.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I think being boring could be an advantage. Trump and DeSantis have a lot of issues Biden could latch onto, but Pence is SO PLAIN that he's kinda hard to pick apart. The only stumbling that really hurt him in the VP debates was a damn fly landing on his head.

21 hours ago, silentbob said:

no that was shortly after the 1st debate

Correct.

It is easy to remember because one of those things I am convinced Trump absolutely did but which you could probably never prove without a magic 8 ball is that Trump knew or at least suspected he had Covid when he stepped on that debate stage with Biden and was hoping to give it to him.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Correct.

It is easy to remember because one of those things I am convinced Trump absolutely did but which you could probably never prove without a magic 8 ball is that Trump knew or at least suspected he had Covid when he stepped on that debate stage with Biden and was hoping to give it to him.

I thought it had been confirmed that he knew he had it because Trump made a stink about getting tested before the first debate?

• 2 weeks later...