CNN Hosting Trump Town Hall on May 10th

• BloodyHell changed the title to CNN Hosting Trump Town Hall on May 10th
6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s almost like trying to appeal to right wingers cost them big time.

I mean, I think it’s actually the opposite. Their ratings dropped after They didn’t have Trump to report about every day. Saying CNN is right wing or ever was is wrong. They are centrist economically, but socially they’ve been pretty damn liberal.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Socially they’ve been pretty damn liberal.

They're actively moving to The Right in a bid to get some of Fox' viewers. This has been known for months and you can see it in their programming now and who they book on their panels. It's a shame because the main reason I watched CNN was because I felt like it was solidly in the middle as opposed to MSNBC and FOX. Now it's getting to the point that I don't even want to watch CNN any more.

• True 1

I watched CNN religiously when the Ukrainian conflict reared its ugly head but as soon as that started to become “normal” in the news cycle it got boring, fast. Maybe I’m just not cut out for cable news (I’ve really never watched much of it outside of election nights) but maybe that is part of their problem. At least Fox keeps the inflammatory stuff going. Keeps the rage boner up. 

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They're actively moving to The Right in a bid to get some of Fox' viewers. This has been known for months and you can see it in their programming now and who they book on their panels. It's a shame because the main reason I watched CNN was because I felt like it was solidly in the middle as opposed to MSNBC and FOX. Now it's getting to the point that I don't even want to watch CNN any more.

I know Tapper immediately jumped on this new direction too.

CNN has always been a profit chasing centrist org, the problem is to be “center” in 2023 you have to also be a little bat shit crazy because there is no way to meet the right in the middle without indulging in a bit of fantasy as they are essentially in a different reality at this point.

CNN is ran by a right wing ceo now but I think they would be doing the pivot even if that hadn’t changed.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

40 minutes ago, stepee said:

CNN has always been a profit chasing centrist org, the problem is to be “center” in 2023 you have to also be a little bat shit crazy because there is no way to meet the right in the middle without indulging in a bit of fantasy as they are essentially in a different reality at this point.

CNN is ran by a right wing ceo now but I think they would be doing the pivot even if that hadn’t changed.

So you're saying we're going "FULL FREEDOM"!? :sun:

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

If they're not fact-checking him in real-time it will only serve to amplify misinformation and inflict harm on public discourse.

Pretty sure it's already inflicting harm on the public discourse just to give the guy who tried a violent coup and called for his own VP's execution a town hall like he's a normal candidate. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

On 5/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Reputator said:

If they're not fact-checking him in real-time it will only serve to amplify misinformation and inflict harm on public discourse.

the audience will be entirely hand selected with questions prescreened. It’s going to be a favorable environment for Donald. He wouldn’t do it otherwise. CNN isn’t going to rock the boat. They might half heartedly fact check afterwards with pundits as people change the channel or app on their Tv. 

18 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

the audience will be entirely hand selected with questions prescreened. It’s going to be a favorable environment for Donald. He wouldn’t do it otherwise. CNN isn’t going to rock the boat. They might half heartedly fact check afterwards with pundits as people change the channel or app on their Tv. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he cancels.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he cancels.

No way Dopey Don is going to back out of a chance at public air time of CNN after losing a trial in spectacular fashion. If there is one thing we’ve learned about Trump its that he doesn’t back down in the face of humiliation.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

No way Dopey Don is going to back out of a chance at public air time of CNN after losing a trial in spectacular fashion. If there is one thing we’ve learned about Trump its that he doesn’t back down in the face of humiliation.

Especially since he's apparently ran out of lawyers at this point who would tell him "...bruh.."