After a single advertisement starring a trans person, Budlight receiving multiple bomb threats at factories, ad star being stalked

ap790991798714___13223703613.jpg
PATCH.COM

One Source tells Patch that Anheuser-Busch factories across the nation came under threat Thursday.

Fascists doxxing the person's location live on Twitter:

bNnVesS.png

3MCMmLO.png

With the way the US is heading, I guarantee there will be a public murder of a prominent trans person within the year, and the right-wing will celebrate it. 

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

honestly I feel from a business perspective bud made the right call as I just feel the % of their customers that are bigots is higher than their percentage of their customers that care if they cave to the bigots.

It’s probably huge bigot territory, but watch them just switch to another beer still under their distribution banner. So I’m pretty sure their profits might take a quick hit before it’s just water(american beer) under the bridge. 

This whole saga has been pretty ridiculous and disgusting. 

they even attacked Rogan for saying the outrage about this was some goofy republican bullshit.  There was another center right guy they attacked as well, I forget who though. They just keep screaming and I don’t even know what they want me to be outraged about, beyond they sent her a custom set of beer cans and bought a one minute ad from her? 

I don’t currently know why anyone would seek out being a public figure (besides money). It must be fucking exhausting, and can’t be worth it.

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t currently know why anyone would seek out being a public figure (besides money). It must be fucking exhausting, and can’t be worth it.

The Daily Wire offered Steven Crowder $50 million, which he rejected. His sole claim to fame is being the "change my mind" guy and the only thing he's good for is raising the ambient temperature of a room he happens to be in. $50 million to get in front of a mic and whine. It's clearly not just worth it, but very much so.

• True 1

Just now, BloodyHell said:

Thats the thing, it’s more about being part of a team than actually caring about this nonsense, at least I think. 

Yep. It’s why they defend and double down on the blatant lies that came out of the White House for four years. It’s a test of loyalty! “If you don’t support me on my bullshit, you don’t really support me!”

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Shitty conservative media gets most of the blame here. They rile the bigots up, when they probably wouldn’t have noticed this otherwise. I have zero doubts my dad wouldn’t have switched beers(to another pro-LGBTQ company, lol) had he not seen all the drama on the news.

I fucking hate these people. 

Did you tell him about them also supporting Pride? Can't help but wonder what his reaction would be. 

6 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don’t see it as caving I see it as just corporate pablum that means nothing

The caving is in one line, " we never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people" - So that's basically admitting the "discussion" is about the trans person, when there is no discussion, it's just a person they have in the ad. They should have said get over it.

• Halal 2

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Marginalized groups should take full advantage of the Second Amendment and arm to the teeth.

I'm all for this the fascists' feel too empowered now... I personally made one who had anti-trans quotes written on their vehicle feel endangered this week.

I hate that I clicked on the James O Keefe Twitter video giving it a view but wow is that guy a piece of fucking shit.  I don't follow people like this so sometimes I forget how "journalists" like this will act.  Then the video ended with a super lame bit with him walking around a store asking "do you carry O Keefe beer?" with Bud Light in his hand. So weird and cringey.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I hate that I clicked on the James O Keefe Twitter video giving it a view but wow is that guy a piece of fucking shit.  I don't follow people like this so sometimes I forget how "journalists" like this will act.  Then the video ended with a super lame bit with him walking around a store asking "do you carry O Keefe beer?" with Bud Light in his hand. So weird and cringey.

I thought O’Keefe was discredited and that news thing he was apart of got shut down?

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The caving is in one line, " we never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people" - So that's basically admitting the "discussion" is about the trans person, when there is no discussion, it's just a person they have in the ad. They should have said get over it.

Apparently, just acknowledging that trans people exist now means "being part of a discussion that divides people".

• Sad 1
  • True 1

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It’s an acknowledgment that there’s a big divisive todo. That’s it. There’s no actionable promises to “change” or “do better”. It’s just very passive, “this happened and now we’re moving on”

they’ll probably let this blow over and in a few months they will go back to their equality/inclusion message to attempt to court younger consumers without hopefully alienating their current customers too much because the brand specifically and alcohol consumption in general is on a downward trajectory long term

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

It was patriarchy that created drag shows in the first place when women weren't allowed to be on stage/act. 

It’s why it was minorly scandalous that woke Shakespeare had Romeo and Juliet kiss on stage (all while making no secret that Juliet was 13 in story)