Trump v Desantis, and did trump admit to meddling in the 2018 election?

26 minutes ago, Brick said:

Yeah I don't get why Trump is going after DeSantis in the first place when, as far as I'm aware, DeSantis hasn't said anything negative about Trump. It screams of Trump getting jealous that the GOP seems to like DeSantis, and see him as the future of the party, and expect him to run for President, and Trump is angry that anyone else would dare run for President when he, and only he, is clearly supposed to be the Republican nominee so that he can be President again after the last election was "stolen" from him.

Uh duh. Desantis is the new golden boy and Trump no likey.

Trump will burn the motherfucker to the ground before allowing the GOP to go on without him. 

• Like 2

Trump is, essentially, a Willy Wonka kid: a spoiled petulant little brat who wants all the toys, but if he can't have them, he has no trouble stomping the shit out of them. Why so many people latched on to him and why so many people look to him as a macho icon is forever beyond me. He is a diaper-filling toddler, yet my 2 year old has more emotional growth than him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
Screenshot-20221111-081916-2.png
IBB.CO

Image Screenshot-20221111-081916-2 hosted in ImgBB

Putting aside the schadenfreude of watching Trump get pissy and Republicans fail so badly at a red wave and all of that, can we take in the fact that conservatives are saying this?

Y'all have lived in a world where Democrats have said this for decades. 2006 was my first election, and "If Democrats can't win this year, they might as well throw in the towel," was a refrain from many people, including my government professors. They lost in 2000, they lost in 2002, they lost in 2004, and after two big wins, 2010 was this monumental red wave and a huge gerrymandering win for them, and even in a Democratic reelection victory in 2012, 2014 they lost nearly everything and that had a domino effect into 2016 with the Supreme Court and the presidential election.

Since 2016, Republicans lost in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, failed a recall in 2021 but managed to win in Virginia, and are now going to just barely get the House by the slimmest margin and likely lose a seat in the Senate, never mind several governor's mansions and state legislatures. In addition to that, abortion rights referendums are winning nationwide, and more states are legalizing marijuana, with Minnesota planning on it next year due to unified Democratic control.

I hope this hurts. Badly. Judging from the far-right angry people who popped in the past year or so to talk about anti-Jewish conspiracies (globalists) and all of that, they need a little humbling.

• Halal 3

52 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Putting aside the schadenfreude of watching Trump get pissy and Republicans fail so badly at a red wave and all of that, can we take in the fact that conservatives are saying this?

Y'all have lived in a world where Democrats have said this for decades. 2006 was my first election, and "If Democrats can't win this year, they might as well throw in the towel," was a refrain from many people, including my government professors. They lost in 2000, they lost in 2002, they lost in 2004, and after two big wins, 2010 was this monumental red wave and a huge gerrymandering win for them, and even in a Democratic reelection victory in 2012, 2014 they lost nearly everything and that had a domino effect into 2016 with the Supreme Court and the presidential election.

Since 2016, Republicans lost in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, failed a recall in 2021 but managed to win in Virginia, and are now going to just barely get the House by the slimmest margin and likely lose a seat in the Senate, never mind several governor's mansions and state legislatures. In addition to that, abortion rights referendums are winning nationwide, and more states are legalizing marijuana, with Minnesota planning on it next year due to unified Democratic control.

I hope this hurts. Badly. Judging from the far-right angry people who popped in the past year or so to talk about anti-Jewish conspiracies (globalists) and all of that, they need a little humbling.

Republicans rode the wave of 9/11 faux patriotism for a long ass time

21 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's almost like Trump is finally coming to the realization that DeSantis is likely to be the GOP runner for President in the next US election...

And likely win the general. DeSantis is the only Republican with real wind in his sails, and after Trump sank the party for a second time this year, I think they're all going to hitch their trailer to Little Ron. "Not Trump" is going to be a rallying cry (ironically) for the GOP, pulling in all the moderates of the party who maybe baulked at the MAGA revolution back onboard, and as @SaysWho? put it in another thread, they'll have the "New Party Smell" going for them in 2024.

Con DeSantis (there you go Trump, it's free) is a potential powerhouse of a candidate, and looking ahead I don't really see Biden matching his momentum.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

And likely win the general. DeSantis is the only Republican with real wind in his sails, and after Trump sank the party for a second time this year, I think they're all going to hitch their trailer to Little Ron. "Not Trump" is going to be a rallying cry (ironically) for the GOP, pulling in all the moderates of the party who maybe baulked at the MAGA revolution back onboard, and as @SaysWho? put it in another thread, they'll have the "New Party Smell" going for them in 2024.

Con DeSantis (there you go Trump, it's free) is a potential powerhouse of a candidate, and looking ahead I don't really see Biden matching his momentum.

I wonder if dumping Trump leaves all his followers avoiding the polls

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Yes yes split the vote pls

I've been waiting 15 years for this to happen, hoping evangelicals might do this if Giuliani won due to his socially moderate views (funny to call him moderate on anything now that he's shackled with Bannon), hoping if Trump lost, he'd run as an independent in 2016, hoping another Republican may do a third party bid in 2016...

I deserve to be rewarded for my patience. :angry-fap:

I really think we're right on the edge of the GOP and their media empire turning hard on Trump. It's going to be a wild ride.

If Trump decides to go nuclear and burn the party to the ground (which he probably will) it's going to be crazy to watch.

These fuckers shouldn't be allowed to turn on him. They all forever have his taint all over them. You can't pretend he was okay when it was convenient and then abandon him when he's not. You already told us who you were when you supported him in the first place.

If you were ever a Trumper, nothing you say or do will ever have any weight behind it, because you aren't an honest person. You've proven yourself to be an opportunistic huckster who stands for literally nothing and believes in literally nothing.

• Halal 5

1 minute ago, ort said:

I really think we're right on the edge of the GOP and their media empire turning hard on Trump. It's going to be crazy to watch.

If Trump decides to go nuclear and burn the party to the ground (which he probably will) it's going to be crazy to watch.

These fuckers shouldn't be allowed to turn on him. They all forever have his taint all over them. You can't pretend he was okay when it was convenient and then abandon him when he's not. You already told us who you were when you supported him in the first place.

If you were ever a Trumper, nothing you say or do will ever have any weight behind it, because you aren't an honest person. You've proven yourself to be an opportunistic huckster who stands for literally nothing and believes in literally nothing.

I agree. The GOP implosion will be one for the history books if Trump behaves how we know he will. He will flip out, turn on everyone, and burn the whole thing to the ground if things don't err his way. The funnier part is watching people who have loved Trump since he announced in 2015, or since he won the primary in 2016 and have been on that train for the last 6-7 years 100% and now suddenly, after 6-7 years of some of the most awful, heinous, and horrific shit, they turn on him. I love to see it, but hate the hypocrisy.

The problem for the GOP is they really have no say in the matter, Trump backers are a cult, dear leader is great and can do no wrong, they're the ones voting for these clowns in the primaries, even when the GOP establishment is trying to get their guys in.  I mean look at the ones in the House acting like McCarthy is a RINO, lol.

Course now the GOP has burned into the brains of the upcoming generations that they're all shitlords, so goodluck to them on that.

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Trump is, essentially, a Willy Wonka kid: a spoiled petulant little brat who wants all the toys, but if he can't have them, he has no trouble stomping the shit out of them. Why so many people latched on to him and why so many people look to him as a macho icon is forever beyond me. He is a diaper-filling toddler, yet my 2 year old has more emotional growth than him.

Its simple, he is their excuse to behave badly. He is a selfish wave that crashes far beyond what 90% of his voter's want, but they don't think the "splash" will hit them so they support him because it covers whatever they think they want. Dumb, angry, selfish people empower more selfish, often dumb, and morally ambigous types. 

Or they like red hats, could be red hats. 

So does third party Trump outperform third party Teddy Roosevelt and Ross Perot?

Anyhow Trump's cult was there the whole time waiting for someone like Trump.  We were lucky in that before these regressive culture warriors didn't have any charismatic to rally around.  Most of the tea partiers and selectively evangelical types didn't have anyone to look to for leadership, the ones that emerged before Trump had the magnetism of a dead fish.

46 minutes ago, ort said:

I really think we're right on the edge of the GOP and their media empire turning hard on Trump. It's going to be a wild ride.

I think it's increasingly clear that Trump is no longer a winner in general elections, but we're still at a point where Trump has enough following to win primaries. If Trump lost a primary, I think we'd see a real split in the GOP. As it stands, he just has too much sway in the party for it to move on.

So they're stuck in this place where the GOP can't move past Trump, but they can't win with him, but oddly enough him losing might be worse for them.

I's so love to see Trump lose in the primaries and then run in the general under a different party. It would be the most glorious bloodbath, especially if he got other candidates to run for his party as well.

• Halal 2

Given that ignoring Trump seems to have been on balance the better electoral play for GOPers, I don’t know how much I buy in to the implosion narrative. I also have a really hard time seeing Trump run 3rd party knowing he would lose and no longer have election fraud as a viable message to his fans.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Given that ignoring Trump seems to have been on balance the better electoral play for GOPers, I don’t know how much I buy in to the implosion narrative. I also have a really hard time seeing Trump run 3rd party knowing he would lose and no longer have election fraud as a viable message to his fans.

Depends on the area. There were many that you absoutely could not win the primary without parroting the full Trump election fraud shtick. 

11 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Because so many people haven't been modeled actual emotional growth/intelligence and the true art of manliness, which is kindness, patience and understanding. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Well Desantis is the “Trump but more competent” as far as attitude, messaging, and cruelty not sure if he can brand and have the cult like following that Cheetoh has so ultimately it would be best if they both destroyed one another

There is no doubt in my mind Desantis will get destroyed on the national level. He just doesn't have the cult following and charisma that Trump has and the culture war bullshit isn't going to play in nongeriatric states. And running on lifting COVID retrictions early is going to matter less and less over time. 

He has nothing as far as economic or international policy.