What's with the Elon hate around here, do none of you poors have a Tesla?

Vitalsign

I've got a friend and a brother with Model 3s and they are fun cars to drive. My wife has an electric Niro, and it's nowhere near the same experience. I also envy the Tesla charging network.

However, I can't understate how much I dislike everything in the car relying on the center screen. I think there's a very good chance that if Tesla put a normal car interior in a Model 3 that I'd have one right now.

6 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I've got a friend and a brother with Model 3s and they are fun cars to drive. My wife has an electric Niro, and it's nowhere near the same experience. I also envy the Tesla charging network.

However, I can't understate how much I dislike everything in the car relying on the center screen. I think there's a very good chance that if Tesla put a normal car interior in a Model 3 that I'd have one right now.

That’s fair. I would like more manual things like glovebox release and on windshield speedometer. 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unlike other billionaires and CEOs Elon Musk makes it shown via his tweets of a constant reminder that wealth has no direct correlation to intelligence

also his cars are shit

You are right, he’s big dummy. Definitely a product of white supremacy and the patriarchy. 

I could see myself enjoying a Tesla, the few encounters I have had show its a good vessel with cool tech.. (though letting it self drive would be a fridge too far for my fat ass to trust it)

it just isnt a must have, I will stick to my mangy dodge for now... their EV looks "interesting" but that thing wont get a fair shake from that base no matter what it does lol

as far as ELON...

my main problem is every time I see him I keep thinking of the asshole guy Ricky from the movie Real Steel and.. yeah

hes a jillionaire good for him but he has an air about him thats just a slight bit "off"

• He takes credit for things he didn't do.
  • Think's he's an expert in things he's not.
  • Has a fragile ego that causes him to lash out and abuse his power/wealth to take down people he feels slighted by.
  • Is generally exploitive of people and systems.
  • Pretends to care about principles, but doesn't.
  • Has no self awareness of any of this.

• True 1
  • Halal 3

1 hour ago, legend said:
  • He takes credit for things he didn't do.
  • Think's he's an expert in things he's not.
  • Has a fragile ego that causes him to lash out and abuse his power/wealth to take down people he feels slighted by.
  • Is generally exploitive of people and systems.
  • Pretends to care about principles, but doesn't.
  • Has no self awareness of any of this.

If Musk weren't the richest man on Earth, he'd be the brown noser nobody likes to work with that complains to HR because he stole your lunch from the fridge and it was too spicy for him.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Personally never understood the hatred he gets either.

Anyone that has ever reported or worked with that hyper-narcist executive that thinks he's the most brilliant man on Earth and that everything would come crashing down if he weren't around gets it and doesn't buy into his shit. The guy that spends too much time bragging about his vacations and fast cars while also claiming he works 27 hours a day and threatens to fire anyone that clocks out at 5. Meanwhile, he'll clock out at 7 because he didn't walk into the office until 4 because he wanted to be there on time to make sure nobody else left at 5. Then he counts everyone's hours and fires the guy that worked only 60 hours last week when everyone else put in 72 hours. He's already started demanding folks at Twitter do 70+ hour weeks.

291fe6ae758859471c45d8378841872a
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Staff are working long hours to try prove themselves as they face the looming threat of layoffs under new owner Elon Musk.

Those kinds of guys are insufferable. If you've never worked for one of them, god bless you. I hope you never do. The last time I worked for a guy like that, I took a whole TWO days off work to be there for my then wife's miscarriage and he reported me to HR after bragging about how he only needed a single day off when his dad died.

Those people suck. Nobody should like those kinds of people.

2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

OK but what has he done to me or for me personally? Not a damn thing so I could give a shit. Those types of high functioning individuals are a bit of an egotistical megalomaniac yet their genius does things that no one else can so its just another series of pros/cons.

I would love to know what you think Musk's genius brought to this world.

Whenever I read something like, I'm reminded of how he was an early investor in Tesla, started claiming he founded Tesla after becoming their second CEO thanks to his large investment, was sued over it, and now Tesla has five "co-founders" after some backroom deals...most of whom, including Musk, didn't even work for Tesla when it was founded. Then I remember how he got the money to buy Tesla from his X.com and PayPal days; two companies he was ousted as CEO from for doing a shit job of running them.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I've been in a few Teslas. I don't get it, like, for what you're getting it just doesn't seem worth it? A lot of the materials feel like a cheap rental. I'm interested in electric for sure but I don't get the love for the design.

There were some quality control issues on the Model 3 for a while for sure. However it being worth it is no question. I bought mine in 2019 for $52k. I can sell it today for about the same price. Almost 0 depreciation . Most "luxury" cars rapidly drop in value in the first 2 years. Some of it is supply chain constraints, but this was also the case pre pandemic. 

12 hours ago, SoberChef said:

OK but what has he done to me or for me personally? Not a damn thing so I could give a shit. Those types of high functioning individuals are a bit of an egotistical megalomaniac yet their genius does things that no one else can so its just another series of pros/cons.

6zig56.jpg