What's with the Elon hate around here, do none of you poors have a Tesla?

Vitalsign

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had a few rides in my aunts Tesla Model X, and I can’t believe these things are over 100k. I know it’s not the point, but you can get an actual luxury car that is a million times nicer for that kind of money. All that money so you can go around sniffing your own farts.

• Halal 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:30 PM, Dodger said:

It is funny that this board is basically six figure earning liberals who are completely out of touch with the people they supposedly champion while somehow thinking rich people work like two hours a week and got there by accident.

This post tells me right here you probably don't know too many actual rich people... they work even less than I do. Being "Rich" means your money works for YOU, not the other way around. I know a Goldman Guy who's response when asked for 75 grand in development money for an indie film was "Oh that's just a bad day at the market for me." He said it without a hint of irony or sarcasm and when the movie was never made, he got three to five years to use that loss as a right-off against actual earnings. So yeah... keep telling us how out of touch we are in calling out this billionaire boot strap bullshit.

46 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This post tells me right here you probably don't know too many actual rich people... they work even less than I do. Being "Rich" means your money works for YOU, not the other way around. I know a Goldman Guy who's response when asked for 75 grand in development money for an indie film was "Oh that's just a bad day at the market for me." He said it without a hint of irony or sarcasm and when the movie was never made, he got three to five years to use that loss as a right-off against actual earnings. So yeah... keep telling us how out of touch we are in calling out this billionaire boot strap bullshit.

Oh shit you know a guy? Well yeah then it’s settled. You know way more about the rich than anyone else here! Do you know anymore guys? I’d love to hear more of your stories. 

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Oh shit you know a guy? Well yeah then it’s settled. You know way more about the rich than anyone else here! Do you know anymore guys? I’d love to hear more of your stories. 

I’ve many to share!

I clear 250k, some of my friends make that look like a rounding error. They live in a different world.

• Haha 1

@best3444

my best friends husband legit has two cars worth more than my annual salary, guess how often he’s at the office?

good on him. He makes Chelsea happy and he’s family as a result, but when we’ve talked he just doesn’t get things we take for granted. He’s taught me a lot, like tax loss harvesting which should be illegal, but I didn’t create the system.

he also collects fine art to a level that makes me look like a chump, it holds value. My most expensive piece is a Magre, his, lol. My gods I just stare at it when I go to their house in the San Diego hills.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Jeez man, it was a joke, couldn’t you tell? So obvious. 

(sarcasm)

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I love how people in this thread now exactly how, when, and how much billionaires work a week without ever meeting or knowing them. Amazing shit I tell ya. 

Fucked any women lately? 

just jokes right?😉

despite me saying my best friends husband is one. Ever seen an Enzo in person? I drove his.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t know why literally anybody cares about how much work another person is doing unless their work directly affects yours

While I think the views exhibited in this thread are a little disconnected from reality, people care about this stuff because we have it ingrained in our heads early in our lives in this country that poor people are bad and lazy and rich people are good and hard-working. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

While I think the views exhibited in this thread are a little disconnected from reality, people care about this stuff because we have it ingrained in our heads early in our lives in this country that poor people are bad and lazy and rich people are good and hard-working. 

Because people like me and Cnut keep society moving. 

Capitalists don’t, he doesn’t provide  shit to society, but they drive our culture and nation.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

people care about this stuff because we have it ingrained in our heads early in our lives in this country that poor people are bad and lazy and rich people are good and hard-working. 

We have all sorts of archetypes in culture. The self made man and the trust fund kid, the humble laborer and the welfare queen. This might be biased by your experiences rather than a broadly applicable truth.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:30 PM, Dodger said:

It is funny that this board is basically six figure earning liberals who are completely out of touch with the people they supposedly champion while somehow thinking rich people work like two hours a week and got there by accident.

I think the idea that people get to be obscenely, unjustifiably rich by "working more hours" is fucking hilarious. Yeah, that's how it works.

By accident? Certainly it wasn't by accident. Our society is built around rewarding, to an insane and unwarranted degree, the most degenerate sociopaths out there. And then worshipping them. Because money is power, money is intellect, money is virtuous. So if you're rich, you're powerful, you're smart, and you're morally correct. Because that's a healthy way to view people hoarding disgusting amounts of wealth. They must've worked like, 2,000 hour weeks to get that kind of money! Investing is inventing!

Being out of touch with people who are easily fooled by charlatans is not quite as bad as being out of touch with objective reality.

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

I would say based on comments I read on d1p that most seem to see hard work as a sucker’s game anyway, and finding out how to do the absolute bare minimum is good strategy.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I would say based on comments I read on d1p that most seem to see hard work as a sucker’s game anyway, and finding out how to do the absolute bare minimum is good strategy.

No.no

Incels like to work the balls while sucking the head 

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I mean, Wade beat Sekiro using a cheat engine for christs sake!

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

the only thing that upsets me about dodger’s comment is that it implies we are hard working 

I've have you know, these past 3 days, I have been hard at work displaying everyone's .gif icons after UBO has, for some reason, decided that content.invisioncic.com now has some of it's network access blocked. Oh, I did grant it full access, but what do you know, doing that makes it so I can't manually block user icons on my end. And there is only one avatar on this entire site, stepee, that I have blocked. So, anytime I see someone without an avatar that isn't you I have to open up the ubo logger and manually permit each animated user icon.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dodger said:

I’ve had a few rides in my aunts Tesla Model X, and I can’t believe these things are over 100k. I know it’s not the point, but you can get an actual luxury car that is a million times nicer for that kind of money. All that money so you can go using the fart noise mode on the Tesla.

220213160732-tesla-recall-boombox.jpg?c=
WWW.CNN.COM

Tesla is recalling over 500,000 vehicles in the United States due to its Boombox feature, a 2020 update that allows drivers to play sounds such a bleating goat or a fart noise outside the vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Sicko 1