Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

14 hours ago, chakoo said:
MR262TFZ7NME7EG5TK3OTCDRPE.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Twitter will now require users to have an account on the social media platform to view tweets, a move that owner Elon Musk on Friday called a "temporary emergency measure".

I’m sure this is going to go over well with advertisers. 😂 

I noticed this already. I deleted my account but was linked to a tweet by a friend and couldn't view it. My reaction:

:shrug:

An excellent way to kill your platform.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

Supposedly due to "extreme levels of data scraping", unverified accounts are now limited to reading 600 Tweets per day. People have been predicting the site's death since last fall and it's doggedly kept moving until now, but I dunno, it might actually be cooked this time. Seems like an absurd restriction to put on unless you're not sure if you can keep the lights on.

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Supposedly due to "extreme levels of data scraping", unverified accounts are now limited to reading 600 Tweets per day. People have been predicting the site's death since last fall and it's doggedly kept moving until now, but I dunno, it might actually be cooked this time. Seems like an absurd restriction to put on unless you're not sure if you can keep the lights on.

IMG-9216.jpg

:angry-fap:

When I can actually get the site to load, there's a lot of people speculating that the post limit is just a complete lie and the site is just totally busted, which I think is true because if I keep refreshing I'll intermittently get posts to load but then get "rate limit exceeded" the next time.

OH, and apparently the contract for their Google Cloud servers expired yesterday, so that might explain it. LMAO

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

Just now, Ricofoley said:

When I can actually get the site to load, there's a lot of people speculating that the post limit is just a complete lie and the site is just totally busted, which I think is true because if I keep refreshing I'll intermittently get posts to load but then get "rate limit exceeded" the next time.

I still have unlimited viewing on the Android app. 

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Now he's saying the limits will soon go up to 8000, 800, and 400 respectively.

The fact that he's already backpedaling shows he actually was that fucking stupid and thought this was a good change.

:rofl:

It's not a real change it's damage control for the self DDOSing. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

OH, and apparently the contract for their Google Cloud servers expired yesterday, so that might explain it. LMAO

I know Twitter was using a combination of AWS and Google Cloud and were looking to move out of Google Cloud, but are they actually also moving out of AWS? The only reason they moved stuff into AWS was specifically because Twitter couldn't expand their own datacenters fast enough to keep up with growing demand. It would be hilarious if all of this is because they can't dynamically grow in AWS anymore because Musk wants Twitter to move to using only their own datacenters.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently Instagram/Meta has launched their Threads app today on Play Store, the competitor to Twitter.

EDIT - Apparently it was listed, but was since removed. Probably planning to launch in the coming days and they released too early.

Instagram just likes to rip everyone off. They took reels now they are taking tweets :p

I just realized...a ton of emergency services use Twitter as the best place to relay important life saving information to the masses.  The Canadian wildfire season is going strong and their parks department refers to Twitter as the best place to get live updates and news.  There's also the rioting in France too, and police often use Twitter for Amber Alerts.

...People are literally going to die because of Elon's new Twitter restrictions.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I just realized...a ton of emergency services use Twitter as the best place to relay important life saving information to the masses.  The Canadian wildfire season is going strong and their parks department refers to Twitter as the best place to get live updates and news.  There's also the rioting in France too, and police often use Twitter for Amber Alerts.

...People are literally going to die because of Elon's new Twitter restrictions.

I hit my rate limit right before severe weather moved through. Some local meteorologists do warnings and notifications on twitter and it really fucked them up. 

elon-musk-twitter.jpg?resize=1200%2C628&
9TO5GOOGLE.COM

Twitter has blocked tweets and profiles from showing up in Google Search, drastically limiting the visibility of those pages.

God this MF is so stupid. I look forward when this crashes and burns and people start asking other C-Suites who praised what Elon was doing about their stupid statement. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, chakoo said:
elon-musk-twitter.jpg?resize=1200%2C628&
9TO5GOOGLE.COM

Twitter has blocked tweets and profiles from showing up in Google Search, drastically limiting the visibility of those pages.

God this MF is so stupid. I look forward when this crashes and burns and people start asking other C-Suites who praised what Elon was doing about their stupid statement. 

Surely this will bring the advertisers rushing back!