Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Also, confirmation that he fired 500+ people because he was mad at their boss for trying to save 10% of their jobs:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The meeting could not have gone worse. Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci's presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.

46 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also, confirmation that he fired 500+ people because he was mad at their boss for trying to save 10% of their jobs:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

And the manager was a woman. Curious.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Tesla is closing most of its stores/dealerships, is going to sell a $35,000 Model 3:

ARSTECHNICA.COM

220 miles of range and cloth seats for the cheapest-ever Tesla.

I do agree that dealership laws are absolute bullshit. But...I think you still need some kind of system for people testing your car before buying it.

Still $6k too expensive. Anything over 30k is not for the masses. Even in this market.

• True 1

39 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Still $6k too expensive. Anything over 30k is not for the masses. Even in this market.

Eh, the average selling price for a new non-luxury car in 2019 was about $38-39k. The masses typically buy on the used market which was closer to about $20-21k on average in 2019.

When you take inflation to account, this car would be $29k in 2019 dollars.

45 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

If it qualified for the tax credit, it would be a good deal. Since Tesla are using LFP batteries for their cheaper models, I doubt it will 

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

If it qualified for the tax credit, it would be a good deal. Since Tesla are using LFP batteries for their cheaper models, I doubt it will 

Anything qualifies for the full $7500 if you lease. There are people who lease and then immediately buy out the lease specifically to game the eligibility rules. I think this may also save you a bit on tax? I know you can apply the $7500 directly against the lease instead of having to claim it later but not sure if that lowers the taxable amount when calculating your owed sales tax.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Anything qualifies for the full $7500 if you lease. There are people who lease and then immediately buy out the lease specifically to game the eligibility rules. I think this may also save you a bit on tax? I know you can apply the $7500 directly against the lease instead of having to claim it later but not sure if that lowers the taxable amount when calculating your owed sales tax.

No sales tax on EVs in NJ. 
team winning GIF

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Eh, the average selling price for a new non-luxury car in 2019 was about $38-39k. The masses typically buy on the used market which was closer to about $20-21k on average in 2019.

When you take inflation to account, this car would be $29k in 2019 dollars.

Yeah. That's all still way too expensive for this market considering housing costs have skyrocketed since... 2019. :p

40 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah. That's all still way too expensive for this market considering housing costs have skyrocketed since... 2019. :p

Sure, but new cars were always something the average person shouldn’t be buying. If your budget is $30k or less, you 100000% should be looking at used or CPO, even since… 2019 :p 

Just now, Brian said:

Damn. He is getting rid of the sales tax exemption, hitting ev drivers with yearly $250 fee and ChargeUp is out of funds, NJ really leading the EV adoption charge. 

It’s because of a freak out over “what will we do without the gas tax?!?”

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s because of a freak out over “what will we do without the gas tax?!?”

The Chris Christie gift that keeps on giving. I keep procrastinating on purchasing a car but I might as well bite the bullet before the sales tax gets repelled. 

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

The Chris Christie gift that keeps on giving. I keep procrastinating on purchasing a car but I might as well bite the bullet before the sales tax gets repelled. 

He should be jailed for the “settlement” he did with his offshore oil buddies 

• True 1

48 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Sure, but new cars were always something the average person shouldn’t be buying. If your budget is $30k or less, you 100000% should be looking at used or CPO, even since… 2019 :p 

I don't disagree with any of this (see my advice in the thread where best was talking about buying a car).

I'm just bemoaning the current economic reality for the Millennial and younger generation being shit because the parents of those generations could afford new cars (and homes) even on most of the lower half of the economic ladder. Line-always-up-and-to-right syndrome is giving us lower quality cars at higher prices than ever, since selling a lower quality product repeatedly to higher earners brings more money. But that prices out the average earner for a new car.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't disagree with any of this (see my advice in the thread where best was talking about buying a car).

I'm just bemoaning the current economic reality for the Millennial and younger generation being shit because the parents of those generations could afford new cars (and homes) even on most of the lower half of the economic ladder. Line-always-up-and-to-right syndrome is giving us lower quality cars at higher prices than ever, since selling a lower quality product repeatedly to higher earners brings more money. But that prices out the average earner for a new car.

I certainly don’t disagree that everything is way more expensive than it should be and wages are nowhere near where they should be in terms of keeping up. I’m just saying that $35k for that Tesla isn’t a bad price for what it is. :sun:

On 5/15/2024 at 7:11 AM, CitizenVectron said:

Tesla is closing most of its stores/dealerships, is going to sell a $35,000 Model 3:

ARSTECHNICA.COM

220 miles of range and cloth seats for the cheapest-ever Tesla.

I do agree that dealership laws are absolute bullshit. But...I think you still need some kind of system for people testing your car before buying it.

I walk by one of these stores on my way to work every day, I'd be very happy with not having to see it anymore. 

She knew how to use the emergency manual door release, but using it in the middle of an update can brick your Tesla, so she rolled the dice on letting the update finish.

GIZMODO.COM

Tesla warns owners that opening their doors or windows while installing a software update could damage the vehicle, so she stayed put.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Winning shareholder backing for Elon Musk's huge compensation package is like climbing "Mount Everest," chair Robyn Denholm told the Financial Times.

It really is amazing what the shareholders (and Musk) are doing to Tesla. They are going to cripple it in order to get their payouts. Musk is doing a bad job running the company, but a great job at pumping the stock prices. So shareholders will reward him, because the modern expectation is that CEOs are there to boost stock prices, not to actually be competent at running a company.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

She knew how to use the emergency manual door release, but using it in the middle of an update can brick your Tesla, so she rolled the dice on letting the update finish.

GIZMODO.COM

Tesla warns owners that opening their doors or windows while installing a software update could damage the vehicle, so she stayed put.

I will not defend the stupidity of the update process BUT…

…from my understanding when you trigger an update the car gives you multiple warnings that it’s going to start, that you shouldn’t open the doors, and that you should really get the fuck out of the car if that’s a problem.  So if you’re sitting in a car in the heat and the car is very clearly warning you that you’re about to be sealed inside for some time, maybe it’s also partially your fault that you didn’t get the fuck out of the car.  Teslas have a lot of problems, but “tiktoker gets stuck” feels more like engagement bait than anything else.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1