Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Fo-IXmWakAIncz5?format=jpg&name=900x900
The biggest loser in history. What a diaper baby. 

This is a link to the full story. This started with Twitter engineers getting an email at 2:30 in the morning from Elon's cousin James.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama
WWW.PLATFORMER.NEWS

After his Super Bowl tweet did worse numbers than President Biden’s, Twitter’s CEO ordered major changes to the algorithm

9 hours ago, Demut said:

@JasonPointing out a simple fix to a silly "problem" is shielding Musk from "valid criticism"? MDS is real, I guess.

Telling individuals they can use a block button against Musk (which he will also reverse) is a not a simple fix to the problem of a delusional ego maniac going out of his way to abuse one of the world's largest media platforms to peddle his shit ideas. You're missing the forests for the trees.

• True 1

53 minutes ago, legend said:

Telling individuals they can use a block button against Musk (which he will also reverse) is a not a simple fix to the problem of a delusional ego maniac going out of his way to abuse one of the world's largest media platforms to peddle his shit ideas.

It is though. Don't wanna see his takes? Block him. Boom, done.

As for that whole block reversal thing, it's certainly plausible given these news (assuming they're true at least) that it happens. But since we've had reports of this kind of thing happening for years it might just be Twitter's shitty code doing what it is wont to do.

6 minutes ago, Demut said:

As for that whole block reversal thing, it's certainly plausible given these news (assuming they're true at least) that it happens. But since we've had reports of this kind of thing happening for years it might just be Twitter's shitty code doing what it is wont to do.

Either possibility you mention in the second paragraph invalidates the suggestion you put forth in the first paragraph sooooo

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Guys, it lasts for at least a little bit so it's totally okay and normal.

lol it’s just funny because the whole thing started because I mentioned that I just stopped going to twitter awhile ago and I’m glad I don’t have to see them, so he tries to push a temporary solution as an alternative to my permanent one which would require me going on twitter in the first place which I don’t want to do. 

29 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It's like a herpes outbreak. Just spray some valtrex on there and it will go away. If it comes back just use some more valtrex. It's ok if it comes back because you have a solution for the very annoying thing you don't want to see ever again.

• Haha 2

What is demut’ing exactly? Like I know what it is when I see it, when other people do it, and it always makes sense when the emoji is used, but I’m struggling to put it into words. It’s like illogically arguing for the wrong side of something by arguing a point that nobody is arguing? It honestly should just be called demuting because I see people doing it a lot but I don’t know what a good word is.

Its just funny to me to be so known for doing this very specific thing that you become a meme in a community and then come back years later and you still do that same specific thing!

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

What is demut’ing exactly? Like I know what it is when I see it, when other people do it, and it always makes sense when the emoji is used, but I’m struggling to put it into words. It’s like illogically arguing for the wrong side of something by arguing a point that nobody is arguing? It honestly should just be called demuting because I see people doing it a lot but I don’t know what a good word is.

Its just funny to me to be so known for doing this very specific thing that you become a meme in a community and then come back years later and you still do that same specific thing!

Pedant quest. 

47 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol it’s just funny because the whole thing started because I mentioned that I just stopped going to twitter awhile ago and I’m glad I don’t have to see them, so he tries to push a temporary solution as an alternative to my permanent one which would require me going on twitter in the first place which I don’t want to do. 

Just re-block him at least once/day. What's the problem? You get the satisfaction of blocking him every day and don't get to see his tweets!

demut.png 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demut said:

No, telling individuals to use a block will not solve the larger social problem he’s presenting. Have you not payed attention to how the wider public uses social media like, at all? :p

1 hour ago, legend said:

Have you not payed attention to how the wider public uses social media like, at all?

This board, with what I would categorize as above the public average intelligence, can’t help but use social media in self destructive ways. There is no hope for the public at large.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This board, with what I would categorize as above the public average intelligence, can’t help but use social media in self destructive ways. There is no hope for the public at large.

look I quit it all and never used anything besides doom scrolling twitter for two years anyway but now it’s just demut is saying i have to go back so I can block musk :( 

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Not what was being argued.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

When Demut shows up it's like the wettest of blankets, like the dude who shows up to a party and then everyone just wants to leave suddenly.

Yeah, I imagine backtalk in a safe-space tends to be a downer for those inhabiting it who are no longer used to it. Go figure.

5 hours ago, legend said:

No, telling individuals to use a block will not solve the larger social problem he’s presenting. Have you not payed attention to how the wider public uses social media like, at all? :p

Say more.

12 minutes ago, Demut said:

Say more.

If you're not already aware of how bad the public is with social media and badly influenced by it, I don't think I'm going to successfully communicate to you on D1P all the ways it's a shit show with terrible outcomes. At least not within the time I'm willing to give it :p 

2 minutes ago, Demut said:

I was referring to "the larger social problem [Musk]'s presenting", legend, not what's wrong with social media in general.

What do you want me to say more about then? Whether Musk is a delusional egomaniac? That he's abusing twitter to shove his views down everyone's throat?

1 hour ago, legend said:

What do you want me to say more about then? Whether Musk is a delusional egomaniac? That he's abusing twitter to shove his views down everyone's throat?

I wonder if from his point of view, demut wins every argument, since technically he does, since they are all with himself.

The new thing today is that you're being forced off of text message 2FA if you're not a blue check because Elon is too cheap to send the texts out. You can still use 2FA via authentication app, but I'm probably gonna make more of an active effort to stop using this site. Making big unannounced changes to 2FA when there's recent precedent for them breaking the site trying to make an update kinda seems like a red line.