Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

@Spork3245

WWW.SUBURBANFORDOFFERNDALE.COM

See New 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E, from Suburban Ford of Ferndale in Ferndale. Ask for Stock#PMA86780 or call 313-644-4538 for more information. Serving Detroit, Warren, Southfield MI & Royal Oak.

Found one closer to home that doesn't have a mark up noted. Never delt with this dealer, but I may need to swing by Monday after work....

• Guillotine 1
  • Hype 1

18 minutes ago, Ominous said:

@Spork3245

WWW.SUBURBANFORDOFFERNDALE.COM

See New 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E, from Suburban Ford of Ferndale in Ferndale. Ask for Stock#PMA86780 or call 313-644-4538 for more information. Serving Detroit, Warren, Southfield MI & Royal Oak.

Found one closer to home that doesn't have a mark up noted. Never delt with this dealer, but I may need to swing by Monday after work....

Is that the Performance pack? I guess they added black rims in addition to the gun metal/titanium ones.

The thing that surprised me about the MachE is that it handles like a car, and a performance car at that. Granted it has the weight of a small crossover/SUV, but I’m comparing it with most other “performance EVs” that I’ve driven where there’s just about zero feeling/feedback in the steering wheel and besides the straight line acceleration are boring AF. The MachE is just surprisingly smooth and fun [insert penis joke]

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Is that the Performance pack? I guess they added black rims in addition to the gun metal/titanium ones.

The thing that surprised me about the MachE is that it handles like a car, and a performance car at that. Granted it has the weight of a small crossover/SUV, but I’m comparing it with most other “performance EVs” that I’ve driven where there’s just about zero feeling/feedback in the steering wheel and besides the straight line speed are boring AF. 

Windows sticker says prfm 91 kwh battery which I believe is the performance pack. 

Actually looking at the range this is not the performance pack 😕

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, we’re going back that far? Okay, who embarrassed Enzo at le mans in 66? ;) 

Strong US best the soviets in 1980 once vibes.

But hey, movies were made about both events cause it’s so infrequent!

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Four times.

And *check notes* Ferrari didn’t win again until 2023.

Am I a Ferrari fan now? 🤔

I am looking forward to the changes for next season though. Lewis in Ferrari is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

@Spork3245 I got the regular GT. I think it made my wife pee a little when I did 0-60 for her while she was reading something on her phone.  It makes me smile. 

Awesome, congrats on the new car! How was the dealership experience? If you don't mind me asking: were you able to get anything below MSRP? It seems like EVs are going for below MSRP these days, which is a big change from even a year ago when they were experiencing $10k "market adjustments" from scummy dealers. 

7 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Awesome, congrats on the new car! How was the dealership experience? If you don't mind me asking: were you able to get anything below MSRP? It seems like EVs are going for below MSRP these days, which is a big change from even a year ago when they were experiencing $10k "market adjustments" from scummy dealers. 

Yes, along with all the incentives for the car, returning lease, x plan, and something else it was nearly 10K under MSRP. 0% APR as well, made it an easy choice. 

• Hype 2

I looked at a 2023 Mach E California Route 1 edition recently due to the 0% financing. Nice car. Surprised by some missing features for a $52k list price car like no power lift gate.  

3 hours ago, Brian said:

I looked at a 2023 Mach E California Route 1 edition recently due to the 0% financing. Nice car. Surprised by some missing features for a $52k list price car like no power lift gate.  

Yea, I liked the range in that one, but it seemed like a step back for many other aspects.

Yeah, beyond its (IMO awesome) style, incredible charge time (10-80% in 18 minutes in the right conditions), and its above-average range (250+ miles), the biggest things that sell me on the Ioniq 5 vs. basically any other vehicle in its class (ID.4, Mustang Mach-E, etc.) are just all of the "nice to haves" that they include (at least in the Limited trim). From its panoramic sunroof (with a sunshade, unlike Teslas), powered lift gate (vs. Mach E), heated and ventilated seats (vs. ID.4), adaptive cruise control and lane centering, a HUD showing directions and other info, excellent warranty, etc. I'm in love. :p 

My biggest hesitation is just having no home charging in my apartment building, though I do have cheap ($0.10 / kWh) charging at work at least. 

10 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah, beyond its (IMO awesome) style, incredible charge time (10-80% in 18 minutes in the right conditions), and its above-average range (250+ miles), the biggest things that sell me on the Ioniq 5 vs. basically any other vehicle in its class (ID.4, Mustang Mach-E, etc.) are just all of the "nice to haves" that they include (at least in the Limited trim). From its panoramic sunroof (with a sunshade, unlike Teslas), powered lift gate (vs. Mach E), heated and ventilated seats (vs. ID.4), adaptive cruise control and lane centering, a HUD showing directions and other info, excellent warranty, etc. I'm in love. :p 

My biggest hesitation is just having no home charging in my apartment building, though I do have cheap ($0.10 / kWh) charging at work at least. 

I had a level 2 installed in 2018, and I have not had a plug in since 2020..it was nice flipping the breaker and getting a nice quick enough charge at home. Not sure I'd be able to deal with no charger at home, even though I have ample charging options at work.  One of these days I'll need to get on the freeway and try the hands free Bluecruise....maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I had a level 2 installed in 2018, and I have not had a plug in since 2020..it was nice flipping the breaker and getting a nice quick enough charge at home. Not sure I'd be able to deal with no charger at home, even though I have ample charging options at work.  One of these days I'll need to get on the freeway and try the hands free Bluecruise....maybe. 

I pay $200/month to have a spot in my building's garage and a couple years ago when I was first considering the Ioniq 5, I asked my building's management company if they had ever considered putting in chargers for the tenants. They said they'd look into it, but they never got back to me and in the meantime I ended up just repairing my current car (2007 Prius with about 289k miles on it). Maybe it's time to put in another inquiry, because yeah having your vehicle always ready to go 250+ miles would be awesome, for sure. Presumably there are still tax incentives for them to put in chargers also. 

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

Yea, it’s weird that Ford removed the power lift gate on the MachE as the 2021s had it, but iirc they had issues sourcing the parts, then for 2022 you could order that MY with a “install later” option to reduce the wait time, and for 2023 it was removed completely. There’s apparently after market ones for around $600 that you can install, but it’s a weird AF omission from the factory, especially considering that Ford is the one who invented the touchless power lift gate.

Blue Cruise is the real deal, though. I personally don’t trust any of the hand-free self-driving (yet), but BC and Supercruise (GM) are pretty legit in my experience. Kia/Genesis/Hyundai’s HDA/HDA2 are great as well, but it’s not hands free.

If you want something that’s a bit more tech advanced + luxurious over the Ioniq, look at the GV60 from Genesis. When my dad was getting his G70 I played around in one and it’s really nice… and apparently it has a facial recognition camera on the driver’s door + a fingerprint sensing start, so you don’t even need a key once you program it :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ominous said:

@Spork3245@Spork3245 my mme has a power lift gate, just no foot activation. 

Sorry, meant on the non-GTs. IIRC it’s the only trim with it now, but maybe I’m mistaken.

Though, the foot activation/kick-to-open was removed in 2023, but the piece is allegedly still there and you just need a chip/switch installed to “activate” it. 

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Sorry, meant on the non-GTs. IIRC it’s the only trim with it now, but maybe I’m mistaken.

Though, the foot activation/kick-to-open was removed in 2023, but the piece is allegedly still there and you just need a chip/switch installed to “activate” it. 

@Ominousactually, I was double checking after posting and I’m getting conflicting results so now I’m doubly confused; is it a powered tailgate or is it just hands-free lift? ie: does it just fully lift on its own, or can it also close itself via a button press? I thought the GT had a fully powered tailgate

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

@Ominousactually, I was double checking after posting and I’m getting conflicting results so now I’m doubly confused; is it a powered tailgate or is it just hands-free lift? ie: does it just fully lift on its own, or can it also close itself via a button press? I thought the GT had a fully powered tailgate

It can open and close on it's own, but no foot activation. 

• Thanks 1

I’m in Texas so Toyota doesn’t build and ship any of the new Prius Primes here so I just ordered one from VA and received it. I remember when I was so excited for the Model 3 some 5 years ago. Blaugh