Oscar Nominees 2022

TheLeon

Someone better add Mike Tyson’s PunchOut and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme to that punch. So since lives pretty much in Bel-Air, does that he moves back to Phili? Plus we gotta get a Comedy Central Roast of Will Smith hosted by Chris Rock out of this. Please for the love of God make it happen.

One of the main criticisms of scientology from a psychology point of view is that it actually doesn't actually heal any deep-seated issues, it only represses them. And when you repress certain emotions for too long, they can often come out in unseemly ways and inopportune times.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

On the actual awards: it’s kinda fascinating that PotD only won for Director. I may have missed something trying to do my own research, but the last time that happened was in 1956 (Giant). 

And I’m pretty sure they only did that in response to Sam Elliott’s bashing of the director.

46 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

And I’m pretty sure they only did that in response to Sam Elliott’s bashing of the director.

Nah, I think that vote was locked in before that. Beloved figure, second woman ever to be nominated for Best Director, makes her first movie in 12 years, it’s her triumphant return, etc. I don’t think it was ever going to be anyone else. 

Wait, the "fan cheer" vote also included the Endgame portals/team-up and the Justice League straight-to-home-video scene still won? Hahahahahaha. It's like, the people at the Oscars were like Exec A: "people keep accusing the Academy Awards of being completely nepotistic and rigged, with decisions made by people totally out of touch with the real world. What should we do to counter that?" Exec B: "How about we let totally delusional and out of touch people from the public support their crappy movie through a rigged fan vote?"

Unbelievable that JL trash would win any award, and that they allowed the Snyder "fans" (more an incel cult, at this point) to pull this off.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I know you're a robot and human emotions are complicated but I think it was more of a, "oh you're think you're funny well I'm going to come up there and fuck you up in a second" type of laughs.

I'm unconvinced it was that kind of laugh. I might be able to buy that he was willing to "laugh it off" but after seeing Jada's response got triggered by her being hurt. We unfortunately don't see their reactions after they cut back to Chris.

5 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm unconvinced it was that kind of laugh. I might be able to buy that he was willing to "laugh it off" but after seeing Jada's response got triggered by her being hurt. We unfortunately don't see their reactions after they cut back to Chris.

Yeah, the initial laugh seems to view it as a fairly innocuous joke, and then it seems he recognized that Jada didn’t see it the same way. I wish somebody would leak the video from the camera that was pointed at Will and Jada and see the entire event from that perspective. 

Like, how did Jada react to will smacking Chris?

My opinions on the slap (as pointless as they are), are:

• Rock's joke was out of line, in that jokes shouldn't come at someone else's medical expense (unless that person already owns that medical issue as part of their image/persona)
  • Smith's slap was out of line, he should have (at most) just walked out of the theatre with his wife
  • Someone should go slap Gervais retroactively 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wait, the "fan cheer" vote also included the Endgame portals/team-up and the Justice League straight-to-home-video scene still won? Hahahahahaha. It's like, the people at the Oscars were like Exec A: "people keep accusing the Academy Awards of being completely nepotistic and rigged, with decisions made by people totally out of touch with the real world. What should we do to counter that?" Exec B: "How about we let totally delusional and out of touch people from the public support their crappy movie through a rigged fan vote?"

Unbelievable that JL trash would win any award, and that they allowed the Snyder "fans" (more an incel cult, at this point) to pull this off.

They backed off their planned "Popular Oscar" from a few years ago after the immediate (and obvious) backlash. So now their solution is to just let Twitter decide? Of course that's gonna be trolled, especially if they allow for any movie to be nominated. And then if the idea is to integrate these popular movies into the show to boost viewers, why is it just a 60 second clip reel of the top 5? That's not doing anything for anyone, except now Army of the Dead has exactly one award win listed on IMDB. Good job everyone. It's like announcing that you've got DJ Khaled, and all he does is interrupt the start of show to hype up the hosts as he walks across the stage. Is that really bringing anyone to this shitshow? To introduce the (actually pretty good) James Bond tribute, we've got... all your favorite X-Games stars from 20 years ago? Sure, Bond has skied a time or two, so I guess that fits. Hype up the "first ever live performance" of We Don't Talk About Bruno, and it gets steamrolled by a guest verse from Meghan Thee Stallion about being at the Oscars? Way to give the people what they want. Utterly bizarre.