Oscar Nominees 2022

TheLeon

29 minutes ago, Brick said:

They are apparently not in Scientology anymore, and haven't been for years

(I came across this article, so not sure how reliable this site is) 

Yeah they haven't been in it for years, but scars can remain from such things.

10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd check out Kamusha's post above mine. They are in an open relationship, but from what it appears over the years, Will is kind of stuck in it and doesn't want it to be open whereas Jada wants it to be open and have fun. Partially probably why Will Smith has been going through a breakdown the last few years, he needs therapy. The family was also in Scientology for awhile through Jada I believe, which probably didn't help.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

200722-stern-scientology-lede_vf7myx
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Former teachers and administrators at the Smiths’ shuttered New Village Leadership Academy reveal to The Daily Beast that despite their public denials, it was a Scientology school.

Throw out man or woman, husband or wife* and just think relationship...because what I have read over the last 48 hours or videos that I have seen OF THEM discussing their lives I don't see anything freeing or open.  In reality it seems very dysfunctional (and no not just from a societal norm standpoint, but just from a witness evaluation or smell test of "this isn't right and they really don't seem happy") and even a layman can see the stress it is putting on at least one of them in the relationship, and possibly even two if you think that Jada's Alopecia could be stress related.**

(* Meaning if this were two men, or two woman, or two non-gender specific people it doesn't make a difference...something just isn't right)

(** Yes, of the different types of clinical hair loss Alopecia can be caused by stress, but I am not a doctor and I have no idea what the circumstances are with respect to hers)

From what I understand, they;ve been in an open relationship for a VERY long time, prior to the whole Red Table talk debacle where it all came out in the open. Will was rumored to be involved with Margot Robbie for a awhile for example. The Red table Talk was where it all came to a head because one of the guys Jada was messing with went public and had proof. There was no way for them to deny it any longer and it was very humiliating for Will. You throw on top of that the rumors about his sexuality and the fact that it's no secret that he lives in Tupac's shadow when it comes to Jada, it's no suprise that this guy was heading for some kind of breakdown. I think these two are probably gonna break up soon or should at least. There is not ONE person I've talked to that is on Will Smith's side out here. Dud has last 30 years of goodwill in one night. A Lot of Black Hollywood is PISSED whether they speak publicly about it or not.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

18 hours ago, Jason said:

lmao what a fucking shitshow

Will-Smith-Oscars-Statue-Onstage-GettyIm
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The actor could face suspension, expulsion, or other sanctions under the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, according to the statement issued after a meeting of the board of governors.

Shit is so fucking stupid. Have beef with whatever security let him up there / let him stay, but it’s too fucking late to do anything else, please. They’re top happy to hand out to or refuse to take back trophies from rapists and people credibly accused of sexual assault for years, but they’re gonna discipline Will Smith? 

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Shit is so fucking stupid. Have beef with whatever security let him up there / let him stay, but it’s too fucking late to do anything else, please. They’re top happy to hand out to or refuse to take back trophies from rapists and people credibly accused of sexual assault for years, but they’re gonna discipline Will Smith? 

And this was a forced kiss.

halle-berry-adrien-brody-kiss-bc61cca9-1

20 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean, they actually have a code of conduct post Weinstein being publicly exposed. Not enforcing it now because they used to give standing ovations to child rapists seems like a bad idea.

I do think Smith’s apology seemed sufficiently meaningful, and his reputation within the industry was so good up to that point…a measured response seems warranted.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I mean, they actually have a code of conduct post Weinstein being publicly exposed. Not enforcing it now because they used to give standing ovations to child rapists seems like a bad idea.

I do think Smith’s apology seemed sufficiently meaningful, and his reputation within the industry was so good up to that point…a measured response seems warranted.

That’s fair. And I appreciate that if Smith had been tackled or something, the reaction to that would almost certainly have been much worse than what has happened post-slap. And while I don’t want to diminish Smith’s responsibility for walking himself up and slapping Rock, he really shouldn’t have been able to make it on stage and back to his seat.

I’m honestly shocked they don’t have security guards watching the stage. They have tons of people coming and going at the event, you never know when somebody is going to do somebody like that dude did to Monica Seles back in the day!

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I’m honestly shocked they don’t have security guards watching the stage. They have tons of people coming and going at the event, you never know when somebody is going to do somebody like that dude did to Monica Seles back in the day!

I was absolutely thinking about Monica Seles as well.

10 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Throw out man or woman, husband or wife* and just think relationship...because what I have read over the last 48 hours or videos that I have seen OF THEM discussing their lives I don't see anything freeing or open.  In reality it seems very dysfunctional (and no not just from a societal norm standpoint, but just from a witness evaluation or smell test of "this isn't right and they really don't seem happy") and even a layman can see the stress it is putting on at least one of them in the relationship, and possibly even two if you think that Jada's Alopecia could be stress related.**

(* Meaning if this were two men, or two woman, or two non-gender specific people it doesn't make a difference...something just isn't right)

(** Yes, of the different types of clinical hair loss Alopecia can be caused by stress, but I am not a doctor and I have no idea what the circumstances are with respect to hers)

Completely agree.

12 hours ago, Brick said:

Will he also willingly return his Oscar though? 

As ridiculous as this all is, until they take Polanski's, taking Wills should be off the table.

(If they have already taken Polanski's, fine, I don't keep up, but he still received it after the allegations, and also with thunderous applause of Hollywood)

On 3/31/2022 at 9:48 AM, BuckFly said:

Did you ever watch their "Talk"? It's borderline mentally abusive. Will is completely crushed, and she's gaslighting him right there on camera. 

Jada: When I had my Entanglement with Austin..

Will: Entanglement? Lets call it what it..

Jada: Yes, Entanglement, thats what I said. 

Not exact words, but close. You can tell Will is in incredible pain at this point, and she's just full on bitch mode. I never had any dislike for Jada before that point. Not that I ever paid much attention to her, but she just came across as horrible.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 12:35 PM, ort said:

There's some Barbera Streisand effect stuff going on as well. I had no idea Jada Pinkett Smith had alopecia or had shaved her head. I wasn't watching the oscars. I don't really care about them at all anymore. If he had told his joke and Will Smith had just shrugged it off it all would have died right there. Maybe 15 million people would have heard it while they were playing with their phones... no news stories would have been written about it, no article about the Oscars would have mentioned the joke... but instead it is now basically the single biggest news story in the world and one of the biggest pop culture moments in the history of all time. Billions of people have now heard the joke and this event will be shown, repeated and discussed for years and years.

Oops.

And now the comedy scene is destroying them, and the pair will be in every comedy special for the next year.

Andrew Schultz takedown of will and Jada the next morning was possibly the most savage roast I've ever seen.

"Keep my Wifes name out ya mouth" isn't gonna work the way you think it will, Will.

• True 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...