40 Min Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3PM (PT)

Brian

That.... was an interesting direct. Kirby was the highlight but that was a lot of 2022 content and ****king hell, a service that nintendo can barely deliver on is getting a price increase for N64 & Genesis games we've had before and $50 controllers (man I know shipping is messing people over but 8bitdo makes decent controllers for less than that. 

Also what happen to the GB/GBC games. :( (I know rumor but they looked more certain than n64 did).

50 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This seems like the one IP that doesn’t need to spend money on VA. Then again Ryan Reynolds was pikachu

Nintendo is super uptight about controlling their franchises. This is their first major film since the '93 flop, so they're closely supervising things and doing their best to make sure it's a huge success. Remember that they don't control Pokemon, so Pokemon movies and TV series are completely unrelated to what a Nintendo's doing. That's why Miyamoto is working with Illumination here. This movie is literally the test to see if Nintendo is ever willing to work with Hollywood again.

46 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nintendo is super uptight about controlling their franchises. This is their first major film since the '93 flop, so they're closely supervising things and doing their best to make sure it's a huge success. Remember that they don't control Pokemon, so Pokemon movies and TV series are completely unrelated to what a Nintendo's doing. That's why Miyamoto is working with Illumination here. This movie is literally the test to see if Nintendo is ever willing to work with Hollywood again.

Seems like they’re branching out more and more. Mario vs Rabbids, zelda dynasty Warriors, etc. 

Just based on the cast this thing is gonna be the safest possible thing and probably do just fine in the box office. I guess I wouldn’t consider it a test or anything. 

The live action film is batshit insane and incredible that it was ever made. Nothing like that will ever happen again. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Seems like they’re branching out more and more. Mario vs Rabbids, zelda dynasty Warriors, etc. 

Just based on the cast this thing is gonna be the safest possible thing and probably do just fine in the box office. I guess I wouldn’t consider it a test or anything. 

The live action film is batshit insane and incredible that it was ever made. Nothing like that will ever happen again. 

They've always been a bit more flexible with games. I mean, Capcom made two Zelda games that are full canon and in the official timeline. Sega made an F-Zero so good Nintendo threw their hands up and decided they couldn't top it. Namco has made four Mario Kart games, so far. Nintendo hasn't made a movie since their '93 Mario movie fell flat and the only TV I can think of is their Kirby series, though maybe they had something else in Japan that never made it States-side.

For some reason, they're really finnicky over adapting their games for film and TV. They canceled that live action Zelda series a while back and a stop motion Star Fox series that was supposedly looking pretty rad. I really hope they revive some of these. I'd love to see the stop motion Star Fox come back.

22 minutes ago, nublood said:

Actraiser?? Wow…where did that come from?? $30 is kinda steep, but man I adored that game on SNES! Man, the memories…

Hope you adore weird pre-rendered early mobile game visuals, because it looks like that's the amazing stylistic choice they went with.

So it seems Japan is getting a 6 button genesis controller where the US just gets the 3 button. I didn't mind the 3 button on the genesis mini because it fit the system and design for the time but limiting the US to only the 3 button controller and asking $50 USD for it is just insane. Snes wireless controller is only $30 right now on nintendo's site. :|

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, chakoo said:

So it seems Japan is getting a 6 button genesis controller where the US just gets the 3 button. I didn't mind the 3 button on the genesis mini because it fit the system and design for the time but limiting the US to only the 3 button controller and asking $50 USD for it is just insane. Snes wireless controller is only $30 right now on nintendo's site. :|

ebay churners :money:

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

Nice to see Bayonetta 3 finally, 3D Kirby is cool, but paying extra for N64 games for Nintendo Online is some big old bullshit. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Nintendo has every reason to charge more for subscription tiers while their base online paywall tier is still 3x cheaper than PSN/XBL.  The more money grubbing move would be to raise the price on their subscription as a whole, using the N64 library as an excuse to.

Now with that said… the Deck makes them all look like greedy scoundrels for making online gaming a pay-blocked ‘feature.’  Fingers crossed for some market disruption to come from this.