Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)

Pikachu

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, this is way too much marvel. Kills my interest in watching the movies since I'll be missing plot details. Instead of taking a break the just went extra hard. 

You won’t be missing plot details in the movies. Some winks, nudges, etc., sure. Even in Endgame they take the time to explain what happened in Infinity War.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:12 AM, silentbob said:

anyways I always thought he was part of this MCU because Fisk was building his empire upon the ashes of destruction from the events of the first Avengers movie. Although this could be a minor branch off from the main MCU timeline, but like you said. WHO KNOWS ANYMORE but I look forward to see how it works out

It's been a one way continuity with all the Marvel TV shows until the Disney+ series, though it seems that might be changing now.

• Pikachu changed the title to Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)
On 9/13/2021 at 12:04 PM, Kal-El814 said:

You won’t be missing plot details in the movies. Some winks, nudges, etc., sure. Even in Endgame they take the time to explain what happened in Infinity War.

I'm a bit skeptical of how easily Marvel will be able to continue in that vein, of having each movie (more or less) remain capable of standing on its own.  It certainly feels as though the D+ shows are being leveraged to help set the stage for Phase 4 events and at some point, it's hard to imagine how the narrative sprawl will be able to be covered with minor expositional catch-ups.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

I'm a bit skeptical of how easily Marvel will be able to continue in that vein, of having each movie (more or less) remain capable of standing on its own.  It certainly feels as though the D+ shows are being leveraged to help set the stage for Phase 4 events and at some point, it's hard to imagine how the narrative sprawl will be able to be covered with minor expositional catch-ups.

Holy crap welcome back!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Komusha said:

Okay, after finally watching the trailer I admit this looks fun and much better than that mediocre Falcon and Winter Soldier show.

But still, I gotta draw the line somewhere. I just can’t watch every Marvel show they release. It’s getting to be too much.

Not entirely sure I follow. It’s been one show at a time, limited series runs, each with distinctly different tone and atmosphere. 

I won’t deny that every one has a very recognizable Marvel feel, but I’ve enjoyed what we’ve seen from the expansion into the D+ Arena. 

33 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

Not entirely sure I follow. It’s been one show at a time, limited series runs, each with distinctly different tone and atmosphere. 

I won’t deny that every one has a very recognizable Marvel feel, but I’ve enjoyed what we’ve seen from the expansion into the D+ Arena. 

It’s one thing to keep up with a few movies a year, which I didn’t really mind before. But now to keep up with the MCU you have watch a handful of shows a year in addition to a few movies. That’s a significant more amount of time spent per year. I’m super busy and try to watch a variety of media and not devote too much time to any one thing. There’s already so little shows I can watch in a year. I sadly can’t fit in every Marvel show. I will say I did like Wandavision and Loki quite a bit though.

• Like 1

Spending roughly 6 hours a year watching Marvel content still to some degree felt special. We are now going to be getting something like 25-30 hours of Marvel content per year? I guess SOMEBODY was asking for it 😂

Feel even more so about the looming over saturation of Star Wars. Obviously you don’t have to watch all of it, but I hope they do a good job of distilling the D+ content for those who stick mostly to the movies.

6 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

this is a most wonderful day! 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:21 PM, Fizzzzle said:

Hm. So if "What If" isn't over until early next month and Hawkeye starts on 11/24, that means they're either jumping straight into Ms. Marvel with no break or that Ms. Marvel got pushed to next year.

It does indeed mean Ms. Marvel is getting pushed into 2022. There's only 5 weeks between the end of What If and the start of Hawkeye.

That looks better than I was expecting! Looks fun to me.

Welcome back GT!

9 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Thanks all, for the kind words.  Nice to see so many familiar faces still posting around here <3

Well we sure as shit aren't getting new users! Using a message board like this in this age is like old-folks insisting on the radio instead of the TV in the 80s :p 

• Haha 1

My problem with Hawkeye was always that he just appeared to be the Green Arrow without an alcohol problem or color scheme. The ONLY interesting aspect they added to him throughout the entire franchise (and he's been there since at least Thor) is that he secretly had a family. That's it. He's THAT interesting. The only reason they spend any time on his character at all is because the actor is actually an actual Hollywood property. In Disney's eyes, they hired an Al Pacino (not saying he's as good an actor, but just that he was becoming as well known as) for their Marvel universe and then really didn't have much of a part to offer him, considering the fact that Squirrel Girl was probably already cast.

3 hours ago, brucoe said:

My problem with Hawkeye was always that he just appeared to be the Green Arrow without an alcohol problem or color scheme. The ONLY interesting aspect they added to him throughout the entire franchise (and he's been there since at least Thor) is that he secretly had a family. That's it. He's THAT interesting. The only reason they spend any time on his character at all is because the actor is actually an actual Hollywood property. In Disney's eyes, they hired an Al Pacino (not saying he's as good an actor, but just that he was becoming as well known as) for their Marvel universe and then really didn't have much of a part to offer him, considering the fact that Squirrel Girl was probably already cast.

It's interesting because growing up, Hawkeye was always the more interesting character than Green Arrow. Green Arrow was basically "Batman with a Bow". Hawkeye was a "blue-collar hero" who was a former criminal who had to work hard to prove he belonged with likes of Captain America and Thor, eventually working his way up to become the leader of his own team of Avengers. He was a pretty popular character in the 80's because he was the constant underdog who always rose to the occasion. His current comic was pretty well recieved as well so hopefully his show translates the character's appeal properly. I feel like they wanted to kill him off in Age of Ultron and changed their mind for some reason. 

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's interesting because growing up, Hawkeye was always the more interesting character than Green Arrow. Green Arrow was basically "Batman with a Bow". Hawkeye was a "blue-collar hero" who was a former criminal who had to work hard to prove he belonged with likes of Captain America and Thor, eventually working his way up to become the leader of his own team of Avengers. He was a pretty popular character in the 80's because he was the constant underdog who always rose to the occasion. His current comic was pretty well recieved as well so hopefully his show translates the character's appeal properly. I feel like they wanted to kill him off in Age of Ultron and changed their mind for some reason. 

He might be more interesting in the movies if they developed him with the story you had just told. :p

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He might be more interesting in the movies if they developed him with the story you had just told. :p

That was kind of my thought when I wrote what I did. I liked Hawkeye in the comics but it really feels like the writers for the MCU watched some Green Arrow and figured that was more of what they wanted from Hawkeye when there was a whole history of the actual character in the comics from before.