Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)

Pikachu

I mean Marvel is clearly using these to setup situations they don't want to have to explain in the movie runtimes. I think it's awesome, especially as someone who grew up reading comics- the experience is the same. Hawkeye season 2 might not be about Clint at all, Loki 2 might be about Sylvie becoming some big bad that affects the main timeline. 

This might also tie into No Way Home as well. Bishop did say that they should check out the newly improved Statue of Liberty, and we see a Captain America shield with her in the trailer/ads. 

Either way I really enjoyed the episode and nice to see The Big Man confirmed. Can’t wait to see how this all ends next week

6 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I would not be surprised if they end this series on a cliffhanger, and then announce in the episode end credit: "Kate Bishop will return in Kate Bishop Gets a Bow" or some nonsense like that with a Kate Bishop series launching as a surprise next season.

The Mando Book of Kate Bishopalorian

Caught up on this. It's good, although I guess I'm not enjoying it quite as much as some of you are. So far I think it's the weakest of the Marvel shows, but again still good, and I'm liking it. 

I hope the finale doesn't ruin anything from Spider-Man since it'll probably be a while before I can see that. 

10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Yeah they drop their episodes on Wed. 3am EST/midnight PST.

As for the finale, hands down this show was the best yet in my humble opinion! As for that post-cred scene ... that's a choice I suppose?

That post cred scene is the best MCU thing ever, so it was absolutely the right choice.

Spoiler

I don't believe for a second Maya took out Kingpin. I'm expecting the first scene of Echo to be Kingpin knocking the gun out of her hand and walking away because she's "family".

59 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That post cred scene is the best MCU thing ever, so it was absolutely the right choice.

Hide contents

I don't believe for a second Maya took out Kingpin. I'm expecting the first scene of Echo to be Kingpin knocking the gun out of her hand and walking away because she's "family".

*Queue Dominic toretto*

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Reveal hidden contents

i was so happy when the post credit scene started 

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Re: finale "cliffhanger"

Reveal hidden contents

This.

Spoiler

I actually think this bit is important if he's going to be in the MCU. He need a little bit of leveling up to reach his comic strength if he's going to exist in a world with Spider-Man.

• True 2

Best Die Hard movie I have seen in ages. Loved the “Nice Shot” “No Shit” banter and my gawd 

Spoiler

It was great seeing VD back as Wilson Fisk and he was menacing with his strength. I don’t think he’s dead either but wounded nevertheless if she wanted to see him suffer first and thus her biggest mistake. He won’t kill her cause he still has a soft spot for her and let her off with a warning

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Shout out to the way they filmed D'Onofrio. He's not like a massive human by any means, but his presence in every shot he's in feels crushing.

He's still 6'4", but I'm really short so most people feel massive.

Either way, sounds like he wants the role for as long as Disney allows him to.

kingpin-e1640171699138.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

As Hawkeye hands off to its spinoff Echo, the big question is whether Vincent D’Onofrio’s Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin will continue.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:33 AM, Ghost_MH said:

This.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Kingpin doesn't have superhuman strength in the comics and never has and he definitely is not bullet proof. He's never been superhuman.

While the Kingpin has no superhuman powers, he is incredibly strong and significantly more durable than the average human, possessing remarkable strength concealed by his extremely corpulent appearance. Most of his body mass is actually muscle that has been built to extraordinary size, much like a Super Heavyweight sumo wrestler, or some Olympic weightlifters and powerlifters but at greater strength levels. He has been shown to be strong enough to hurl large men across a room,[15] and leave imprints in concrete walls after punching them.[83] Defying his size, the Kingpin is a master of many forms of armed and unarmed combat, especially sumo wrestling. His signature move is the bear hug. His skill is such that he once fought Captain America to a standstill in hand-to-hand combat.[15] His daily workout typically consists of simultaneously overcoming five or more trained martial artists with his bare hands,[84] and he stores his valuables in a custom-built safe which has no lock, only a door which is so heavy that only the Kingpin himself is strong enough to open it.[85]

He typically wears Kevlar armor under his clothing. Fisk sometimes carries an "obliterator cane", a walking stick that conceals a laser weapon that can vaporize a handgun or a person's head at close range. He typically wears an ornamental diamond stick-pin that conceals compressed sleeping gas that is effective if sprayed into a victim's face. Due to his wealth and intellectual acumen, Kingpin could use far more advanced paraphernalia, but he prefers to use such things only as a last resort. As Fisk became less Spider-Man's enemy and more Daredevil's, he was portrayed more as a naturalistic mafioso than a comic book criminal mastermind, and depended less on science fiction–like weaponry.[20]

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hide contents

Kingpin doesn't have superhuman strength in the comics and never has and he definitely is not bullet proof. He's never been superhuman.

Yes, but he's still been able to hold his own against people he really shouldn't be able to.

Spoiler

The Kingpin of the Daredevil series would have very quickly had his ass handed to him by any film version of Spider-Man or MCU Captain America. However, those are both characters he's done really well in fights against.

Kingpin's strength had always been weirdly fudged, though. Ripping off a car door isn't exactly out of the world for him, but that should count has superhuman.

Also, you can yell at Sony. Expectations for the character are different. The best Spider-Man movie ever had him throwing around cars and punching holes through steel... I'm pretty sure I've at least seen him punch holes through concrete in the comics.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yes, but he's still been able to hold his own against people he really shouldn't be able to.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I've never seen him fight Captain America who also isn't superhuman in the comics (At least the regular Marvel U version isn't, The Ultimate version was) so if he was able to hold his own against him it's because they are both considered "peak human". He's beaten the shit out of both Daredevil and The Punisher hand to hand but the Spiderman thing? They always said he "pulled his punches" when he fought regular guys. (I know it's lame but it is what it is) I don't think he's ever beaten Spiderman in a straight up fight though. 

They definitely boosted him in the multiverse movie though but that's an exception to how he's always been portrayed in the comics. He's always been strong for a human being but still completely normal. A lot of Spiderman villains are normal guys who can hold their own against him for one reason. or another, specifically because he's always holding back when he fights normal people.