Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)

Pikachu

1 hour ago, johnny said:

hailee steinfeld almost certainly has to be more interesting so i’m looking forward to that

Do you have a weird thing when child actors start getting adult roles? It makes me feel like a protective parent. And then I realize that the person I'm dating right now is the same age as Hailee Steinfeld. Then I'm like HAILEE STEINFELD FROM TRUE GRIT?! 

There's a weird disconnect. Like I saw Hailee Steinfeld in a movie when she was 9 or whatever, so to me she will always stay a child and that will always gross me out if a movie or show sexualizes her in any way. Meanwhile I'm banging someone her same age but because I didn't meet her until she was older I don't feel gross about it.

(She's 24 before anyone has to Google whether I'm a creep)

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Do you have a weird thing when child actors start getting adult roles? It makes me feel like a protective parent. And then I realize that the person I'm dating right now is the same age as Hailee Steinfeld. Then I'm like HAILEE STEINFELD FROM TRUE GRIT?! 

There's a weird disconnect. Like I saw Hailee Steinfeld in a movie when she was 9 or whatever, so to me she will always stay a child and that will always gross me out if a movie or show sexualizes her in any way. Meanwhile I'm banging someone her same age but because I didn't meet her until she was older I don't feel gross about it.

You're gonna have to fight @best3444 for her you creep!

38 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm not nearly as old as him. She still firmly fits in the /2 +7 rule for me. I'm only 31

At our age (I'm 34) that seems like a significant age gap. The 20's are very formative, especially 27-29 to me. Not judging, just putting that out there as a thought since I'm 34. Like I can't imagine being with a 24 year old except to have sex with once or whatever, but not like to date and have a relationship with. Again, all good with it though. :)

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

At our age (I'm 34) that seems like a significant age gap. The 20's are very formative, especially 27-29 to me. Not judging, just putting that out there as a thought since I'm 34. Like I can't imagine being with a 24 year old except to have sex with once or whatever, but not like to date and have a relationship with. Again, all good with it though. :)

I feel like at that level it's all relative to the individual. People mature in different ways at different rates depending on their experiences. It's like I would *never* sleep with a 21 year old. 24 is starting to get like borderline for me, but it really depends on the person. I agree that the late 20s are a significant growth gap in general, and people could definitely throw *mission abort* flags, but I'm not ready to throw every 24-25 year old in the same group.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I feel like at that level it's all relative to the individual. People mature in different ways at different rates depending on their experiences. It's like I would *never* sleep with a 21 year old. 24 is starting to get like borderline for me, but it really depends on the person. I agree that the late 20s are a significant growth gap in general, and people could definitely throw *mission abort* flags, but I'm not ready to throw every 24-25 year old in the same group.

I think a D1P poll is in order. :p :troll:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

i’m 27 so idk if i’ve experienced that yet. the popular child actors who are adults now are around my age lol 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think a D1P poll is in order. :p :troll:

One thing I feel like is a big difference between early 20's vs late 20s/30s is that like... we don't overthink things. All relationships end in heartbreak or death. It's really not worth thinking too much about it. Life moves on. Unless you're dead.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

One thing I feel like is a big difference between early 20's vs late 20s/30s is that like... we don't overthink things. All relationships end in heartbreak or death. It's really not worth thinking too much about it. Life moves on. Unless you're dead.

I agree fully with this. Existential issues were put to bed for me at 23. I remember the particular moment. Now at 34, I hardly worry about most things. It's nice. I mean, I worry in that I feel like most things are fucked, but you accept your level of power in the situation better. I see a lot of angry teens and twenty somethings and I fully relate but at the same time I'm like . . . wait until you are in your 30's and realize there's only so much you can do but you still got to slog through life and try to be happy, etc.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You're gonna have to fight @best3444 for her you creep!

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm not nearly as old as him. She still firmly fits in the /2 +7 rule for me. I'm only 31

All I ever said was that she was beautiful. Nothing creepy about it at all. Would I date a 24 yr old? Absolutely not. Fuck one, sure, wht not.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say, even after making a bunch of movies and series with character's that have God/God-like/Superhuman powers and abilities, they're still able to really interest me in a guy that has very good aim with a bow and arrow. They know exactly what they're doing and I love it.

• 1 month later...

Reviews are now coming in of the first two episodes, and seems like it's pretty good! Trailer looked like fun, and it's about time Hawkeye got his due. I'm in, if so.

l-intro-1637682873.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

Hawkeye arrives on Disney+ this week, and even though the show's plot doesn't immediately demand attention, it's a refreshing addition to the MCU.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

i’m looking forward to this because of hailee steinfeld 

why the fuck can’t disney plus release shit at a reasonable time? apple and hbo do. come on 

Isn't it because their servers suck so they release it at a weird time to stagger demand? 

i really liked the first two episodes. hailee steinfeld is great (as she always is) and they got me interested in actually getting to spend some time with hawkeye since he’s just a side guy in everything else. we actually get to see a little bit of what life is like in this world. the russians being called the track suit mafia is fucking hilarious. no idea who the person was at the end and what it means so i expect you guys to fill me in :D

• Like 1

AV Club is also digging the first two episodes a lot:

03cc2e88a7e51c5ce127a14d05a6036f.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Hailee Steinfeld steals the show as Kate Bishop meets Clint Barton in Marvel's latest Disney+ show

I've always been a Hawkeye fan, both in the comics and even the MCU, and it's been annoying how sidelined our street level dad hero with funny mentor comments has been. Looking forward to this.

That was a lot more fun than I had anticipated. I appreciate the overly professional Hawkeye surrounded by bumbling idiots. I think my favorite bit was...

Spoiler

...Tracksuit Mafia guy complaining about how gentrification was limiting their choices for empty warehouses to be creepy in.

• Haha 1

As not only a huge fan of Hawkeye the character, but also of Fraction's stellar run, these first two episodes were pretty damn entertaining! I wasn't aware that Vera Farmiga was in the show, not to mention freaking Tony "Lalo Salamanca" Dalton! Talk about elevating the talent involved immensely. Right from the grip I could tell its a vehicle to more or less pass the torch but that's understandable. I'm just happy to spend more time with Clint & I've always been a big fan of Renner anyways since S.W.A.T. & 28 Weeks Later! I'll look forward to a new episode each of the following four Wednesday's for sure, just hope they stick the (superhero) landing better than the previous 3 shows.