Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)

Pikachu

13 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Just finished it and absolutely loved it. The way Jacks arc finishes is so utterly spectacular. I want more of that character haha

Theres going to be an Echo show? I can’t think of a single thing I could be less interested in out of every single Marvel character in existence. 

I want a Jack short. Like maybe him trying out larping and trying to engage in idle chitchat with the crew there.

I'd be down for an Echo series of she spends a chunk of it trying to kill Daredevil because she thinks he works for Kingpin. If it doesn't feature much of Daredevil, I have no idea what they'd do with an entire Echo series.

30 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Just finished it and absolutely loved it. The way Jacks arc finishes is so utterly spectacular. I want more of that character haha

Theres going to be an Echo show? I can’t think of a single thing I could be less interested in out of every single Marvel character in existence. 

It's there? I thought she would just pop up in another one... I agree, she was not nearly fleshed out enough to make me give a shit

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's there? I thought she would just pop up in another one... I agree, she was not nearly fleshed out enough to make me give a shit

Yeah she's getting her own show. Her character is FAR more interesting than what they did on the show. She's got abilities like The Taskmaster in the comics and was one of Daredevil's exes. Nowadays she hangs with the Avengers and has control of the Phoenix Force. Don't see them doing any of that in her show :p

As for Jack I guess he's basically The Swordsman who in the comics was Hawkeye's mentor. Be awesome to see if they devlop that character further. He's such an awesome actor... just as good here as he is on Better Call Saul.

My sister wants a show with Kate Bishop and Elana ( is that how you pronounce her name?) She's great as the new Widow.

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Everytime I see Florence Pugh in something I always forget where I know her from. Then I remember it’s Midsommar. Then I think about Midsommar. Then the rest of my day feels weird cause I’m thinking about Midsommar 😂

The opening to that movie is so disturbing. OK the whole movie is disturbing, but that opening hit hard. 

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Strong end to a strong show.

Florence Pugh is incredible, but every time I see her I think she looks a little sad. ThenI remember she's with Zach Braff and I'm all, "oh yeah that tracks."

the 20 year age gap between them is pretty gross

2 hours ago, ort said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Becausde Hawkeye and Kate have a dog in the comic. Fan service.

Overall I did really like this show, but I don't think I liked it as much as many others did. It was a lot of fun, but I thought the plot was pretty messy and all over the place.

My main beef was completely wasting Kingpin. On the Netflix show, he's such a complicated nuanced character. An obsessive perfectionist. He's scary not just because he's so big and tough, but because he's so cold and calculating. None of that really came through in this. He had like 10 minutes of screen time and was just a big angry dude.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Ghost_MH

hawkeye-kingpin-vincent-donofrio.png?wid
COMICBOOK.COM

Vincent D'Onofrio addressed some of those Marvel fan criticisms of Kingpin's enhanced strength in [...]

I don't really remember the scene playing out like that. He seemed WAY more human there.

23 minutes ago, Brick said:

Other than ripping the car door off he didn't seem overly strong to me.

Watch the video Ghost posted, compared to Kingpin's fight with Kate, Daredevil is way more easily able to get damage in on Kingpin and Kingpin has to put a lot more effort into getting damage in on Daredevil. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Watch the video Ghost posted, compared to Kingpin's fight with Kate, Daredevil is way more easily able to get damage in on Kingpin and Kingpin has to put a lot more effort into getting damage in on Daredevil. 

Dardevil is also a MUCH better fighter than Kate Bishop. He still seems pretty human to me and not superhuman at all in the two different series. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dardevil is also a MUCH better fighter than Kate Bishop. He still seems pretty human to me and not superhuman at all in the two different series. 

I don't think fighting prowess alone adequately explains the difference. But, 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now maybe he didn't go from average human to Captain America but he's definitely stronger in Hawkeye. 

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did, and I don't see it. Daredevil was more brutal, and using his clubs, plus the Netflix shows were more violent and darker than anything the Disney+ shows have offered so far, so it's basically a difference in ratings. 

Plus maybe he's just been hitting the gym since we last saw him lol (if indeed it is the same character). 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It is the same character according to D'onfrio in the post I posted earlier. D'onfrio doesn't see a difference really between the portrayals between the two series in strength levels. Not that any of this matters anyway.

I know, but actors don't make that decision though, so that's why I'm still wondering until we get official confirmation from Feige or another higher up. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Now maybe he didn't go from average human to Captain America but he's definitely stronger in Hawkeye. 

He's much closer to Kingpin in the 90s animated series. That Kingpin wasn't Captain America strong, but he was catching Spider-Man punches and throwing people and huge ass pieces of furniture twenty and thirty feet.

Also, he is and isn't the same Kingpin. The multiverse is just weird that way.

27 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

People, people. We allow these characters to have different power levels as appropriate to the stories in the comics, we can do the same here. He's strong enough to go toe to toe with spider man. It's cool. 

tumblr_okfm8ay8fq1vbcnq8o1_500.gif