Marvel’s Hawkeye OT - The Best Gifts come with a Bow (Update: Official Trailer!)

Pikachu

Really dug tonight’s episode and the humanity it brought to these characters. They matched the little girl to adult version really well, and can I say 

Spoiler

Wasn’t it nice just to even hear Kingpin’s little gruff smile when he came to see her as a kid. 

Plus I wonder if this series will lead kind of into Spider-Man because NYC and some scenes leaked online showed a XMas setting for Peter

25 minutes ago, johnny said:

if it stays at this quality the back half of episodes, it will comfortably be the best mcu show thus far. 

kate chilling hanging out the window while hawkeye is taking hard turns and drifting was pretty funny 

Spoiler

Pym particle arrow!

• Like 1

Yeah that chase scene was a lot of silly fun. The potential of THAT character arriving before the end is fantastic, and now I totally understand the fanbase screaming about the Echo series in development & what that could all mean going forward! So far, definitely enjoying this series a lot more than I anticipated, here's hoping the final 3 episodes continue on awesomely!

So far, Hawkeye is definitely one of my favorite things in the MCU. It's funny, it's heartfelt, the action scenes are a delight, and Hailee Steinfeld is a national treasure. The only criticism I have is that the Track Suit Mafia is too cartoony, but that's also kind of the point, so... eh. At least they've hinted at real villains so the ones there so far aren't just comic relief.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

So far, Hawkeye is definitely one of my favorite things in the MCU. It's funny, it's heartfelt, the action scenes are a delight, and Hailee Steinfeld is a national treasure. The only criticism I have is that the Track Suit Mafia is too cartoony, but that's also kind of the point, so... eh. At least they've hinted at real villains so the ones there so far aren't just comic relief.

Hey bro, who are you calling a cartoon bro? 

17 minutes ago, Derek said:

Thought the last episode dragged a bit/got a little silly, but it was still a nice watch. 

Hide contents

Who was the 'Black Widow' assassin? I didn't see the Black Widow movie yet, so I assume someone from that?

Spoiler

You should really watch Black Widow. It’s Natasha’s adopted sister. She’s been led to believe Clint killed Natasha. 

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

So is the last episode going to be like an hour and a half or something?

If they pull a Loki and just have it stop with no ending, I'm going to be royally pissed.

This is what I was worried about. They took quite awhile building up to something big in a limited-run series. I haven't seen Loki or episode 5 of this yet, though. 

1 minute ago, Derek said:

This is what I was worried about. They took quite awhile building up to something big in a limited-run series. I haven't seen Loki or episode 5 of this yet, though. 

Yeah.

(no spoilers if you've already seen up through episode 4:)

Spoiler

They have to reveal/develop/defeat(?) Kingpin, tie up the Yelena story, get Hawkeye home to his kids, pass the torch to Kate, tie up the loose ends with Jack... It's starting to feel like that is way too much to do in 45 minutes. Which makes me think they're not going to do it in 45 minutes, they're going to pull a Loki and have a "stay tuned for season 2 in 2 years!"

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have not seen today’s episode but uh, these MCU D+ shows are not above leaving an awful lot hanging. WandaVision and Loki absolutely did this.

I mean, WandaVision still had a conclusion. Loki did not, at all. The end of Loki stopped mid-climax The Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely had an ending.

I'm worried that they're not going to wrap everything up in an even remotely satisfying way in the last episode. I was kind of hoping this would be a standalone series since I was assuming Jeremy Renner is probably done after this. But now I'm like they've set up way too much shit to pay off in one last episode, unless it's a double episode or something.

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, the show isn't definitely just ending, I think that's pretty clear. Season 2 or seed the plot into other movies, who knows. But episode 5 was great, another excellent episode. Renner's acting at the memorial was phenomenal. 

They'll likely pick up some story threads in the Echo series coming out probably sometime in '22/'23.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

They'll likely pick up some story threads in the Echo series coming out probably sometime in '22/'23.

Yeah, and Kingpin stuff with maybe Charlie Cox Daredevil stuff, etc. It's just the way most of these function now. I'm sure it will end mostly satisfyingly but I don't think Renner is per se done with the role either.