Update: CDPR claims that The Witcher 3 new-gen version still "on track" for 4Q 2022 release

Earlier this year, CDPR contacted PC modders about working with them on this update:

9f287956fae4add36299682eab55c5c8.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

The Witcher 3 is getting a next-gen re-release later this year, and when it does, some of the “visual and technical improvements” it introduces might actually be thanks to the work of fans in the modding community.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Earlier this year, CDPR contacted PC modders about working with them on this update:

9f287956fae4add36299682eab55c5c8.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

The Witcher 3 is getting a next-gen re-release later this year, and when it does, some of the “visual and technical improvements” it introduces might actually be thanks to the work of fans in the modding community.

Geralt can romance a huge titted Ciri?

I played TW3 for maybe 20 hours back when it first launched, then I had some trouble with my save files (honestly don’t remember the details) and didn’t feel like replaying. Now it’s been long enough, I could see myself playing through it with this update. 

13 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I actually have never played this.  I own the game, but it's been backlogged for a long time.

Same.

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't played it either. I played the first game for almost 4 hours though.

I also played the first game for a short period. I had the second game on Steam but never got to it. Maybe one day I'll get a new PC but probably unlikely.

Hardest I ever fell off a game somehow. Novigrad bored me to absolute death and I really, really liked the whole Baron and bog witches quests. By the time I sailed to Skellige (sp?) I had zero interest in the game left despite how much I enjoyed it initially. Might try to pick it back up with this update.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next-gen versions have been rated by PEGI (European ratings board)
hvjJ5WmebPriiKrRu3UnN6-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Why am I crying in the tub right now?

"Based on recommendations supplied by teams supervising the development of both games, we decided to postpone their releases until 2022," a statement from the company on Twitter read. "Our current target for Cyberpunk 2077 is the first quarter of 2022, and second quarter of 2022 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Apologies for the extended wait, but we want to make it right."

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: The Witcher 3 next-gen version switches to in-house development and has been delayed indefinitely