~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

A gay club that featured drag shows. You have to wonder if anti-LGBTQ rhetoric (like Libs of Tik Tok filth) played a role.

There is little doubt in my mind that it did.

As I've said before, living in this country is akin to waking up on the operating table mid-surgery because the anesthetic has worn off.

54 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There is little doubt in my mind that it did.

As I've said before, living in this country is akin to waking up on the operating table mid-surgery because the anesthetic has worn off.

That happen to my mom during Knee Replacement Surgery :o

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Im guessing that this story falling out of the top stories on Fox means the shooter was one of their guys.

I mean, obviously, a democratic congressmen saying in an interview that Tik Tok is potentially dangerous is the top news story of the day. Followed immediately by Musk criticizing the media, something McCarthy said last week, some random details about the college kids killed in Idaho (with pictures of hot girls) and the death of the actor who played a power ranger are clearly much more important news stories.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The past year has seen every Republican call gay and trans people child groomers and molesters. So is it any surprise that an asshole with gun (which because of the stupid as fuck 2nd Amendment there are many) decided to take matters into his own hands?

Can we not make these claims until we know for sure though?

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

Well hey, my first sentence is true!

This is true.

just consider where I live and work, it’s a massive target for these chuds and yet it doesn’t happen for whatever reason; and anyone who’s been out to Walnut Creek or further knows it’s not exactly a liberal area.

• Halal 1

Lauren Boebert pulled out the ol “thoughts and prayers” stuff, and AOC ain’t letting her get away with that. 

316510164_482227097307312_10291527520597
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shared a post on Instagram: "Hold people who promote bigotry and oppose common sense gun safety accountable. Words matter. . If you see someone...

316441779_140073465457810_20420140023087
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shared a post on Instagram: "Connect the dots. People who are invested in dehumanizing and disenfranchising others aren’t “just joking.” Bigots...

• Halal 3

57 minutes ago, chakoo said:
anderson-lee-aldrich-1.jpg?quality=65&st
HEAVY.COM

Anderson Lee Aldrich is the suspect accused of perpetrating a mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs on November 19, 2022, killing five and injuring 25.

:facepalm: 

The accounts from those who survived are heart breaking.

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California. Voepel represents the 71st district in the San Diego area. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father.

Hmm. 

58 minutes ago, chakoo said:
HEAVY.COM

Anderson Lee Aldrich is the suspect accused of perpetrating a mass shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs on November 19, 2022, killing five and injuring 25.

A 6’6 incel

ive seen everything now

Also fuck this pos. 

He’s Mormon. A recent address by a Mormon apostle at the church’s university asked for more “musket fire” to be directed outward to defend the church’s stance on traditional marriage instead of inward (I.e. “stop calling me a bigot just because I am one”). Many at the time thought this was an irresponsible metaphor given the violence many LGBT individuals are subject to. This event and the shooter being Mormon certainly isn’t assuaging those concerns. 

2 hours ago, chakoo said:
HEAVY.COM

Aldrich was arrested in 2021 after his mother reported to police he was threatening to harm her with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons, according to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested after a standoff and charged with five felonies. But he was not prosecuted, records show. 

You know, maybe we should throw the book at people like this A LITTLE harder.

15 hours ago, MarSolo said:

You know, maybe we should throw the book at people like this A LITTLE harder.

So, another case where actually prosecution of criminal threats might have saved lives. 

Every time, the same red flags get ignored. Murder is almost never first, but these failsons are left to continue escalating until this happens.

The full story is absolutely incredible. How can one man shoulder so many of a nation's burdens?

21nat-colorado-hero-1-0415-facebookJumbo
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Richard M. Fierro, who served for 15 years in the military, said he was at Club Q in Colorado Springs with his family, and took down the man who killed five people.

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

The full story is absolutely incredible. How can one man shoulder so many of a nation's burdens?

21nat-colorado-hero-1-0415-facebookJumbo
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Richard M. Fierro, who served for 15 years in the military, said he was at Club Q in Colorado Springs with his family, and took down the man who killed five people.

Further proving the lie of “good guy with a gun.”