~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

Three goddamned months later.

Three.

220531-ONE-TIME-USE-uvalde-police-chief-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

From the time police entered the building May 24, 1 hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds passed until the gunman was killed.

Uvalde schools police chief Pete Arredondo was fired Wednesday by the Texas city’s school board.

The board voted unanimously to oust the embattled chief after a recommendation from the school district superintendent.

removal caps three months of outrage over the botched law enforcement response to the shooting at Robb Elementary School, which killed 19 children and two teachers.

One hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds passed from the time police entered the building May 24 until the gunman was killed, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw has said.

Before Wednesday's vote at a special school board meeting, a speaker who appeared to be a child said: "I have messages for Pete Arredondo and all the law enforcement there that day.

Turn in your badge and step down. You don’t deserve to wear one."

Arredondo did not attend the meeting, which was called to address his employment. In a statement, Arredondo's lawyer said he has faced death threats and did not believe the meeting was safe.

A coward to the end.

• Guillotine 4

34 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Three goddamned months later.

Three.

220531-ONE-TIME-USE-uvalde-police-chief-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

From the time police entered the building May 24, 1 hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds passed until the gunman was killed.

A coward to the end.

I really can't help but wonder if he hit any employment milestones in the last three months.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would he keep the extra retirement benefits despite being fired though?

Who knows. I'm just trying to figure out why they even bothered firing him three months later, after much of the national spotlight was off of them. It could also just be that parents were making too much noise coming into the new school year and it just became untenable for them to keep him around.

I just never saw any indication that anyone in a position of power there ever really wanted to see him fired.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
700.png
APNEWS.COM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Three Dutch soldiers were shot and wounded early Saturday in a shooting in downtown Indianapolis after what local police believe was a disturbance outside the hotel...

An American city or a NATO peacekeeping operation? Who can tell the difference?

• True 1
  • Halal 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:35 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
700.png
APNEWS.COM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Three Dutch soldiers were shot and wounded early Saturday in a shooting in downtown Indianapolis after what local police believe was a disturbance outside the hotel...

One of the Dutch commandos has died:

_126469031_dutchdefence.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

The special forces soldier was one of three Dutch commandos wounded in an attack early on Saturday.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Maybe we can convince them that even-taller trucks are the way to go, and then they make trucks so tall that they tip over all the time (in single-vehicle accidents that affect no one else).

• True 1

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

If you've never heard me on anything before hear me on this: just don't

Like, it's not bad. It's just dumb. And there's a lot of it. It's not even worth gawking at except ooo now the toxic filmmaker is a girl. 

Lol you're just making me more curious now :p