~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

The jump from Harry Styles to Jason Sudeikis seems like a complete non sequitur? :confused:

My cousin said it was because of the money they could now save by sharing their clothing with each other. I admit I was surprised when she and Sudeikis were a thing and then had a kid together. He was my mild warm up to Pete Davidson dating career wtf’s 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Let me summarize: privileged white people shit.

Now let us never speak of it again.

This is basically all the stupid drama around the movie in one go. My wife was asking about it, I explained it, and she went: "just sounds like white people stuff" and I went: "yep, which is why I didn't ever bother mentioning it to you". :p 

51 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This is basically all the stupid drama around the movie in one go. My wife was asking about it, I explained it, and she went: "just sounds like white people stuff" and I went: "yep, which is why I didn't ever bother mentioning it to you". :p 

I don't know anything about these stories or people but this seems appropriate

• Haha 2

man-wanted-for-shootings.jpg?w=1280
WREG.COM

UPDATE: Police said the suspect is currently in a grey Toyota with Arkansas license plate AEV63K. Police are urging people to stay indoors. Call 911 immediately if you have any information. MEMPHIS…

He was livestreaming his atrocity on Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Brick said:

WTF

No shit. On one hand, at least she didn't attempt to take as many with her. But on the other it just shows all the wasted money on the school security means shit. 

My wife is home now (she normally stays in the town during the week as it is a 150 mile round trip otherwise) and is understandably shaken up. Saying that it would be the last person they would think to do something like that let alone do it on school grounds.  

• Hugs 2

There was a fatal shooting at the sister hospital across town where I work. It’s really a fantastic facility. Got everyone on edge here. We had to lock down earlier tonight when a ton of family members went berserk in our ED .

220928-Chi-St-vincent-hospital-mjf-1240-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Sherwood police called the deadly shooting "an isolated event that just happened to take place in a public facility."

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Hugs 5

The sentencing verdicts are being read in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School atrocity case.

So far, it appears that at least one juror is morally opposed to the death penalty as each and every one has been returned as life in prison without the possibility of parole.  The parents of the victims really do appear to be genuinely devastated by this outcome.

In a situation where a person stole the life of your child from you, I can appreciate feeling a lack of justice in that person being allowed to live. I still wouldn't be able to vote for death out of principle, but it would be very difficult not to do so knowing you'll be causing a new harm to those still grieving parents. Awful stuff.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

In a situation where a person stole the life of your child from you, I can appreciate feeling a lack of justice in that person being allowed to live. I still wouldn't be able to vote for death out of principle, but it would be very difficult not to do so knowing you'll be causing a new harm to those still grieving parents. Awful stuff.

Definitely a situation where I wouldn't mourn the death of the person (and even acknowledge that the world would be better off without them), but I also don't think I could vote to kill them.