~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I really wish that guy’s shit hadn’t been posted. 

Here, or on the internet?

I debated not posting it because it's vile. But CBS's affiliate absolutely should not have aired/posted this, IMO. Not only is it a hateful screed from someone who is not at all interested in what his estranged son has done, it's also deeply exploitative because of his state. He's quite obviously on drugs. 

• True 2

4 hours ago, CayceG said:

I debated not posting it because it's vile. But CBS's affiliate absolutely should not have aired/posted this, IMO. Not only is it a hateful screed from someone who is not at all interested in what his estranged son has done, it's also deeply exploitative because of his state. He's quite obviously on drugs. 

It's San Diego, everyone is on drugs.

• True 1

17 hours ago, CayceG said:

Yeah that was VERY exploitative... this guys clearly isn't in his right mind and hasn't been for awhile. I didn't even continue watching to the point where he started saying the really vile shit. Nothing to be gained by this.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:59 AM, DPCyric said:

He should go to prison hope the victims families sue the fuck out of him.

Sue him for what? His words. Guy is obviously a pos  but his adult son committed the crime, not him. He's apparently had no contact with his son in years.

If anyone sounds culpable, besides the son, it sounds like its his enabler mother and monstrous grandfather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, osxmatt said:
04xp-utah-02-1-790c-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Michael Haight, 42, fatally shot seven family members and then killed himself in the family’s house in Enoch City about two weeks after his wife filed for divorce, officials said.

Nothing more dangerous than a man with a bruised ego and a gun

3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A 6-year-old student shot and wounded a Virginia teacher Friday during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom, police and school...

A 6-year-old brought a gun to school and shot his teacher. Great job 2nd Amendment lovers! Hope you love the America you created. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 1/6/2023 at 4:22 PM, thewhyteboar said:
3000.webp
APNEWS.COM

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A 6-year-old student shot and wounded a Virginia teacher Friday during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom, police and school...

A 6-year-old brought a gun to school and shot his teacher. Great job 2nd Amendment lovers! Hope you love the America you created. 

230106-richneck-elementary-school-mjf-14
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Newport News Public School needs to "adequately address" gun violence within the district, parents say.

It's not just the NRA, it's the people. The people who talk about it the people who do things with it and that means more people talking about it, and once in a while no one says nothing. Not for lack, but because they're tired. Then something happens and people talk about it. These situations are not getting better.

RVJDW6SEYROXLJCIAIDXUZBYT4.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

A federal judge on Monday blocked parts of a recently passed New Jersey law restricting where people in the state may carry guns, an early test of some states' efforts to pass gun control measures in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year expanding gun rights nationwide.

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

At that point you're killing someone to get property back.

If the robber had come through the door and the customer saw the gun and pulled , he would be justified. But not this.

I think this board is somewhat aware of my stance is on firearms. I was raised around them and I own them, I have even concealed carried when the "CHYNA FLU" was being hurled at Asians. Even all these years I find myself terrified when I do carry because I am making a conscious decision to end another human being should the need arise. I was taught you only ever draw for 3 reasons

1. Your life is in danger and there is no other means

2. Family or Friend life is danger and there is no other means

3. Bystander life is in danger and there is no other means.

Killing a man over some register cash is absolute bullshit.

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Killing a man over some register cash is absolute bullshit.

And legal, unfortunately. Shooting a person who is either committing or fleeing from a robbery is an affirmative defense under the law.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

And legal, unfortunately. Shooting a person who is either committing or fleeing from a robbery is an affirmative defense under the law.

It's so fucking demented. Why shouldn't someone else have shot THIS guy with the assumption that he was going to rob the robber? The most charitable interpretation of these events relies upon trusting the intent of a stranger who just shot someone over the contents of a cash register. It's batshit.

53 minutes ago, Brick said:

I haven't watched the video myself, but I heard the John Wick wannabe also shot him while he was already down, then went over and shot him in the head. That's not self defense at that point, that's an execution. 

I don’t think there is a publicly available version that includes any of the shooting itself. The only descriptions I’ve seen beyond that the man shot the other guy comes from questionable sources representing the family of the robber. 

It is indeed possible that if the description is accurate, that the man could be charged with murder. I have doubts about their characterization though given who it was that made the claim and their history of false claims about violence.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think there is a publicly available version that includes any of the shooting itself. The only descriptions I’ve seen beyond that the man shot the other guy comes from questionable sources representing the family of the robber. 

It is indeed possible that if the description is accurate, that the man could be charged with murder. I have doubts about their characterization though given who it was that made the claim and their history of false claims about violence.

One of the local Spanish language stations showed the complete video and it’s honestly worse than described. Psychopath stuff.