~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

106835769-1612475482874-gettyimages-1230
WWW.CNBC.COM

While the legislation is highly unlikely to pass the Senate, House Democrats say the bill is a needed response to recent mass shootings.

The House passed legislation Friday that would ban assault weapons for the first time since 2004, in a sign that Democrats intend to pursue more aggressive gun violence prevention measures after a spate of mass shootings.

The bill passed in a largely party-line vote of 217-213, with two Republicans voting for the measure and five Democrats opposing it.

The level of GOP opposition indicates the bill is unlikely to advance in the evenly split Senate, where it would require the support of at least 10 Republicans to defeat a guaranteed filibuster. It’s also not clear if the measure has the support of all 50 Senate Democrats.

AA10h7dF.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

A 20-year-old man was charged with attempted murder on Wednesday for allegedly shooting a worker at a Brooklyn McDonald's after the suspect's mother complained about cold fries, police said.

A 20-year-old man was charged with attempted murder on Wednesday for allegedly shooting a worker at a Brooklyn McDonald’s after the suspect’s mother complained about cold fries, police said.

Morgan allegedly went behind the restaurant's counter, smashed property, got into a shoving match with at least one employee, and refused to leave, sources said.

During that dispute, Morgan left the McDonald's, saw the worker arguing with his mother, and allegedly got into a fistfight with him across the street from the restaurant, sources said. As the worker gained the upper hand, Morgan allegedly pulled out the gun and opened fire,

519670.jpg
WWW.MSN.COM

At least nine people were injured in a shooting in downtown Cincinnati early Sunday, police said.

The shooting happened shortly before 2 a.m. ET in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, Assistant Police Chief Michael John of the Cincinnati Police Department said at a news conference. Multiple shots were fired into a large crowd, John said. The gunshot victims were taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's the kind of energy the Democrats need on everything. Imagine Biden just saying "You know what, buddy? I'm fuckin' tired of people telling women what they can do with their bodies. Folks, give me two more Senators and control of the House, and we'll pass an abortion rights bill this winter."

Wouldn't they need 60 votes to pass it in the Senate?

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The point is to have 50 Senators willing to get rid of the filibuster.

"but if we get rid of the filibuster, what will happen when REPUBLICANS take back control again?!?"

What fucking cuck attitude. The last major thing the Democrats got done was Obamacare, and even most Republicans wouldn't dare to repeal a lot of it, because it actually helped people.

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

"but if we get rid of the filibuster, what will happen when REPUBLICANS take back control again?!?"

What fucking cuck attitude. The last major thing the Democrats got done was Obamacare, and even most Republicans wouldn't dare to repeal a lot of it, because it actually helped people.

and its important to note: they couldn't pass a repeal with 50 votes.

It was my dad's birthday recently, and I thought it would be fun to take him to a gun range, and do some sort of package rental thing to shoot various guns there, but I almost feel, I don't know, guilty? Hypocritical? Just uneasy I guess about wanting to do that with everything happening lately in the States, and the rampant, out-of-control him violence, and I'm all for massive gun law reform in the States, and possibly even just ending private ownership. I don't know, it almost feels like I would be supporting the idea of more gun access to go "have fun with guns", when I'm just so tired of the gun nuts preventing any necessary change. Yes there are plenty of responsible gun owners, and people way up north in polar bear territory apparently don't leave the house without a rifle since those bears will hunt and attack humans, and I'm not about to say we should take their guns away, but it seems that there are far too many gun owners who aren't really all that responsible owners, but they're labeled as such just because they bought their guns legally, and haven't done anything illegal with them yet, and yet they're the ones dictating the conversation. It should be a license where you need to go through extensive testing to prove you know how to own, operate, and store your guns safely, just like you need a license to drive a car. I guarantee if the States just copy and pasted Canada's laws there'd be a massive reduction in gun violence. 

I haven't suggested the range idea to my dad, and not even sure if I will now. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Just get rid of the guns.

But that isn't happening, so maybe people should be realistic and find other solutions. 

Private gun ownership isn't going anywhere. Banning assault rifles is a fairly popular idea on the left, but banning guns isn't. Tens of millions of dems own guns too. It would have almost no public support (and probably be the start of even more violence, because trying to ban them would be seen by many as the tyranny the 2nd was created for.

Guns are too embedded into the national culture.. hell for millions of Nationalist Patriots its the 2nd most important thing

Trump>Guns>God>Own the Libs>Country>family

An outright ban is a no go… any “sensible” law needs to be written in a way that acknowledges responsible “good guys with guns” and targets irresponsible weapon owners… we are past the point of absolute gun laws unfortunately.. harsher punishment for even “red flag” style threats whether verbal or on social media along with actual enforcement is the bare minimum…

Is “Swatting” still a major thing?