~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

Some information from the jury foreman:

We've just learned that jury foreman Benjamin Thomas told CBS Miami that three of the 12 jurors voted to spare the gunman.

Thomas said one juror had been a “hard no” on executing the gunman, because she believed he was mentally ill. Thomas said that two other jurors ultimately came to the same decision.

22 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Some information from the jury foreman:

This makes no sense to me. If he's mentally ill, then why is he even being criminally charged? And as far as my stance on the death penalty, I have a problem with the death penalty in this country in PRACTICE. Not in theory. I definitely feel like it's just for people who commit particularly henious crimes to forfeit their own lives. I don't think you get more henious than the details of THIS case. This guy made sure the people he shot were dead and his victims were shot multiple times. It doesn't get more deliberate than that.

This is my hospital where I go for all my medical stuff 

methodist-dallas-nurse-shooting.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

Officials confirmed a suspect who is now in custody shot two people inside the building, injuring one and killing the other.

b992cfb0-feff-48f0-9481-c8df01449812_114
WWW.WFAA.COM

The two victims are being treated for their injuries, one is in critical condition, sources say.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:
221027004514-01-st-louis-school-shooting
WWW.CNN.COM

The AR-15-style rifle used in the deadly St. Louis school shooting had been taken from the shooter's possession during an interaction with police about a week before...

I'm confused. So, the police went and confiscated the gun from the shooter before the shooting, but somehow the shooter ended up taking it back (and the police don't know how)?

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm confused. So, the police went and confiscated the gun from the shooter before the shooting, but somehow the shooter ended up taking it back (and the police don't know how)?

Quite the "Situation", huh?

How much you want to bet dad got it back or something?

• Halal 1

23 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

23 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Quite the "Situation", huh?

How much you want to bet dad got it back or something?

14 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Or they didn't take it at all and said they did 

Man, we're really bad at reading articles, aren't we? Not that I'm any better.

“Officers responded and determined at that time the suspect was lawfully permitted to possess the firearm,” the statement obtained by CNN affiliate KMOV reads. “A third party known to the family was contacted and took possession of the firearm so that it would no longer be stored in the home.”

Family called cops because they wanted the gun gone. Police determined the gun was legally owned and did NOT take possession of it. A friend of the family came by and took the gun away. Kid, in all likelihood, retrieved the gun from the family friend and we know what happened from there.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Man, we're really bad at reading articles, aren't we? Not that I'm any better.

Family called cops because they wanted the gun gone. Police determined the gun was legally owned and did NOT take possession of it. A friend of the family came by and took the gun away. Kid, in all likelihood, retrieved the gun from the family friend and we know what happened from there.

In fairness, I blame the massive drop in quality of writing the last 20 years, especially for situations involving police.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In fairness, I blame the massive drop in quality of writing the last 20 years, especially for situations involving police.

The headline certainly didn't help. It makes it sound like the police were involved when all they did was sit around and wait for someone else to come by and take the weapon.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Is schools being in session on election day normal around the country? I've never had school on election day and my kids don't either. It's always been considered a security risk to have school in session while thousands file through to vote. On top of that, having teachers taking up all the parking spots seems silly when you've so many people driving through.

8 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

My grade school was a polling place. They'd basically close off the entire gym area and have voters enter that way and it was basically business as usual otherwise.

This is how things went when I was in kinder. We had a separate gymnasium building that was shared between the elementary and primary schools, so they just didn’t have any indoor P.E. stuff on Election Day

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Is schools being in session on election day normal around the country? I've never had school on election day and my kids don't either. It's always been considered a security risk to have school in session while thousands file through to vote. On top of that, having teachers taking up all the parking spots seems silly when you've so many people driving through.

Really? That's...sad. Up here, we use school gyms and the only impact on kids is that they don't have gym that day.

20 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Really? That's...sad. Up here, we use school gyms and the only impact on kids is that they don't have gym that day.

It's always been less about random attacks and more about custodial interference. I grew up in one of the worst crime and gang riddled cities in the northeast and random acts of violence was never a thing anyone had to with about. I was a latchkey kid and I had no worries about cutting through alleys or walking into any stores or whatever. Mom sneaking into the school and walking off with her daughter even though she was in court ordered foster care? Yeah, that was a common thing, and still is today.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

They did at my school, it wasn't an issue because they had it in a building kind of on the outskirts of the campus.

this is frightening and needs to be exposed. These are the people who end up shooting women, or crowds. 

@Commissar SFLUFAN i know the rules, so if you want me to delete this, its fine, I don't know another way to embed the video, but I thought this was the kind of shit that people need to understand women are dealing with today. 

• Shocked 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Ghost_MH said:

If this isn't some sort of performance art, dude recorded this and put it on the Internet all on his own.

He was arrested finally because of national outrage. But it's ridiculous that it took that.

"Well, some girls have rape fantasies"

If those words come out of your mouth in the context of "chasing" a girl, swallow some fucking lead.

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

He was arrested finally because of national outrage. But it's ridiculous that it took that.

If those words come out of your mouth in the context of chasing a girl, swallow some fucking lead.

I was kind of hoping the girl in question didn't exist and all of it was some poorly thought out prank on the whole Internet.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

If those words come out of your mouth in the context of "chasing" a girl, swallow some fucking lead.

Was he? What did they charge him with exactly? At the very least hopefully he's on some sort of list that prevents him from buying a gun.