Texas Republicans on blackouts: Liberal politicians, Obama, and free market are to blame!

Just now, stepee said:

I kinda want to know how he thought this was going to go for him, like did he think nobody would notice or actually think it would be acceptable and was surprised people were upset?

Looks like he shaved and somehow managed to fix his abominable haircut from last week so yeah maybe he seriously thought people wouldn't recognize him. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looks like he shaved and somehow managed to fix his abominable haircut from last week so yeah maybe he seriously thought people wouldn't recognize him. 

He's one of the dozen or so elected Republicans who could absolutely not get away with this. Some random senator from North Dakota or whatever could easily have pulled this off, not the guy who is the senator from one of the largest states in the country who goes out of his way to get on TV and raise his profile

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

You know, everyone's dunking on Raphael but the entire Senate decided to rush the impeachment trial so they could take a week of vacation instead of staying in Washington to pass the COVID relief bill.

What does Warnock have to do with this?

Ted Cruz refused to defend his wife after Trump attacked her appearance, and now has thrown his own daughters under the bus for his idiotic decision to go to Cancun while his constituents freeze to death.

The only woman Cruz has going out of his way to defend is noted thespian* Gina Carano.

*I’m kidding, she’s a horrible actress.

• Haha 1

Just checked our north west Houston drive in. One section of pipe did not get drained when my staff prepped on Sunday, and it of course broke.

But worse, I think both projectors sustained catastrophic failures of the internal liquid cooling systems. I yanked all the removable boards to hopefully save them, but it think the DLP chips are toast.

Unfortunately single digit temps even inside a projection booth can lead to failures when there power for the heater.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Just checked our north west Houston drive in. One section of pipe did not get drained when my staff prepped on Sunday, and it of course broke.

But worse, I think both projectors sustained catastrophic failures of the internal liquid cooling systems. I yanked all the removable boards to hopefully save them, but it think the DLP chips are toast.

Unfortunately single digit temps even inside a projection booth can lead to failures when there power for the heater.

Will insurance cover this?

7 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Will insurance cover this?

Definitely. Mostly just a question of when. So I’ll need to pay out of pocket to replace them then get reimbursed most likely

Talked with my buddy that works at Kinder Morgan (pipeline company in Houston). He recently switched from being a controller op at the oil terminal to the same position at the gas terminal. He said he’s never seen anything like what was going on when they realized they were one of the only terminals who could get gas flowing.

Said by Wednesday afternoon pretty much every one of these real macho dudes had broke down crying due to the stress of 20+ hour shifts trying to stop people from dying. He normally is home after his usual 12 hour shift, but everybody has been sleeping on the floor on site and he has t been home since he went in Sunday morning.

Rich Kinder, one of the founders, is an ex Enron guy that got out before the shit hit the fan there. Bet there won’t be any hero pay for these guys and gals.

All in all a pretty good week!

gettyimages-1284620907_wide-ba8c100e43de
WWW.NPR.ORG

A drilling company controlled by the Dallas Cowboys owner said it was benefitting after natural gas prices surged in the middle of powerful winter storms.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot," President and Chief Financial Officer Roland Burns said Wednesday.

• Guillotine 5

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm sure you're quite aware how well these guys are paid already. A far cry from near minimum wage kroger employees

He does well for himself, especially for a guy with nothing more than a HS diploma. Good money in the op rooms.

9 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

WWW.NPR.ORG

A drilling company controlled by the Dallas Cowboys owner said it was benefitting after natural gas prices surged in the middle of powerful winter storms.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot," President and Chief Financial Officer Roland Burns said Wednesday.

Cool, more reason to hate Jerry Jones and the Cowboys

12 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

WWW.NPR.ORG

billionaire profiting off of a disaster and suffering???? say it aint so