Texas Republicans on blackouts: Liberal politicians, Obama, and free market are to blame!

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You're mad because you took it seriously. Just take the L and move on. :peace:

I’m not mad, I’m saying it isn’t sarcasm by definition. Words mean things.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:
5WTWB5DRUII6XBSRNUYJD2WGH4.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

As millions of Texans remain without power, hospitals throughout the state have lost water and heat, leaving doctors scrambling to conserve resources and care for vulnerable residents.

My sister in law and niece both work at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. They were telling employees to bring jugs of water from home to be able to flush the toilet yesterday.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What's also hilarious is that Ted Cruz applied for an upgrade for his flight back, but didn't apply for his wife to have the same. Or he's just coming back and leaving his family in Mexico.

He left them there, and it will be his story that he had always planned to just go drop them off and come back.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Why would he primary him? I mean setting aside Joe Kennedy III levels of impatience, what would his pitch be to unseat Cruz?

People here really don’t like Cruz, but also don’t like other people telling them Cruz sucks.

Crenshaw is actually very popular and I think represents the kind of “tough guy” GOP voters here really admire. They wouldn’t feel like they are going with what national media want, cause national media folk also don’t like Crenshaw much.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also risk of fires when power comes back on for the first time in homes that are flooded/frozen.

Yup. And shock hazards with wet walls, floors, attics, and live wires all of the sudden.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm just going to reiterate what I posted yesterday.

He didn't tell Texas to buzz off because it didn't vote for him, he didn't rant that the red governor runs things horribly, he didn't fume that the state's lawsuit to try and overturn the election was being mean to him and hurt his feelings, and he didn't tell the Texans who don't like him to just shovel the snow.  

I know that's the bare minimum of what we expect from the president, but 4 years of Trump completely lowered the bar so hard that it burrowed into the ground straight toward the center of the planet.

• Like 1