Texas Republicans on blackouts: Liberal politicians, Obama, and free market are to blame!

I've noticed that many republicans tend to think every altruistic thing that their opponents do is some sort of deceptive trick with secret hidden motives... Why? Because they don't actually every do anything to help anyone, so they assume everyone else is playing the same evil games they do.

Just now, Joe said:

That was also the guy with the huge Astros bet, right? This dude is always in the news lol.

Yeah, he does these promotions every year where if you spend X number of dollars and a certain outcome happens (Astros win the WS, or most recently, Bucs win the Super Bowl) everybody who bought during that time gets a refund of the purchase price. So he places these gigantic bets as hedges on the refunds :lol:

His furniture store is legit amazing too. You can go in an hour before they close and still get your furniture delivered that same night, even on the opposite side of Houston. And the old guy is up at the front counter WORKING. Half the time if you call the store he still picks up the phone. 

Legend

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, he does these promotions every year where if you spend X number of dollars and a certain outcome happens (Astros win the WS, or most recently, Bucs win the Super Bowl) everybody who bought during that time gets a refund of the purchase price. So he places these gigantic bets as hedges on the refunds :lol:

His furniture store is legit amazing too. You can go in an hour before they close and still get your furniture delivered that same night, even on the opposite side of Houston. And the old guy is up at the front counter WORKING. Half the time if you call the store he still picks up the phone. 

Legend

Wait, that is a legit fucking genius move.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wait, that is a legit fucking genius move.

There’s a company up here that used to do that if the Red Sox won the World Series, then pivoted to other stuff after 2007, I think. I don’t believe they placed bets in the traditional sense, they took out an insurance policy against the Sox winning, or something like that.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

There’s a company up here that used to do that if the Red Sox won the World Series, then pivoted to other stuff after 2007, I think. I don’t believe they placed bets in the traditional sense, they took out an insurance policy against the Sox winning, or something like that.

Yeah, prize insurance is a thing. Mack used to do that, but he did them so often he realized it was cheaper to just self insure via gambling. Especially because a lot of his promotions were where you pick one team or the other in the championship, so he can see which side of the bet to take pretty easily.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, prize insurance is a thing. Mack used to do that, but he did them so often he realized it was cheaper to just self insure via gambling. Especially because a lot of his promotions were where you pick one team or the other in the championship, so he can see which side of the bet to take pretty easily.

Sports betting isn’t legal in Texas, is it? I guess he could just gamble in another state, it’s a little odd to use that to fund a prize but I guess it’s legal. Weird. :p