Terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all counts

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well.

The tweeter doesn’t understand what is going on in the video. Rittenhouse was not in violation of the possession charge because it only applies to short barrel rifles and shotguns

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — On the surface, it looked like prosecutors' easiest task at Kyle Rittenhouse's murder trial would be convicting him of a much less significant charge — being a minor in possession of...

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well.

I mean, c'mon? 

I can't believe how many people ITT are, "The law is wrong, so we should ignore the law", instead of "the law is wrong, we need to change the law".

This whole case is based on political pressure. Its clear prosecution had no case at all, but the media made declining to charge him with murder impossible.

Hell, theres a ridiculous msnbc video of an anchor, just yesterday, claiming "His mother dropped him off I another state, and he fired almost 60 shots!" This is after a whole trial showing otherwise. Its absurd.

Binger and Fatlock had no case, but the media had already decided his guilt. 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, c'mon? 

I can't believe how many people ITT are, "The law is wrong, so we should ignore the law", instead of "the law is wrong, we need to change the law".

This whole case is based on political pressure. Its clear prosecution had no case at all, but the media made declining to charge him with murder impossible.

Hell, theres a ridiculous msnbc video of an anchor, just yesterday, claiming "His mother dropped him off I another state, and he fired almost 60 shots!" This is after a whole trial showing otherwise. Its absurd.

Binger and Fatlock had no case, but the media had already decided his guilt. 

Media narratives like to pick heroes and villains.  It is much harder to create a compelling narrative when the truth is somewhere in between.  

It is a jury trial, so I am never confident of the outcome until the verdict is read.

But as I think over the way this all played out I am struck by a few things. It is quite clear that the media figured out making a champion of Jacob Blake was not going to work as he was a rapist, who at the time of the shooting had just gone to the home of his victim to harass her, and was in fact armed during the shooting.

Rittenhouse then became the proxy for the outrage machine as he checked all the boxes that make him a good target or the ire of the left.

But inconveniently, they also knew he was legally justified in what he did from nearly the first day. So they began giving misleading information like the oft repeated he crossed state lines to get there” without the context that the boy lived on the border and was less than 25 minutes from home at the location of the shooting.

But the facts of the case are pretty straight forward

1st shooting: man who made repeated threats of violence and death against the defendant then chases, corners, and tries to take the defendants 

2nd shooting: man uses blunt object to repeatedly hit the defendant in the head 

3rd shooting: man has gun drawn on the defendant

All of what lead to those moments is legally irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what happened at the moment Rittenhouse decided to pull the trigger and you would be hard pressed to come up with three more clear scenarios in which a person is legally justified in using deadly force to stop the other person. 

The issue of moral guilt is different, and that is indeed where one can reasonably discuss whether it was ever appropriate for this kid to show up with a loaded gun. People are dead because of that decision, not wholly, but as a major part. We need a better society with the right moral and ethical character around guns. That to me is the actual story of the killings of Kyle Rittenhouse, that we live in a nation in which a child can show up somewhere with a loaded gun and nothing can be done about it.

It is almost surprising how rare such an event is in a nation of 330 million people and at least that many guns.

Fox News keeps running headlines like "Kenosha on edge as tempers flare!" with photos and videos that show like 10 people outside the courthouse.

Those subhuman fucks at Fox News would love nothing more than for there to be more blood in the streets. They love that shit, because they don't actually care about anything other than riling up their base of idiotic bloodthirsty monsters they've spent the last 30 years grooming into drooling gullible dipshits.

They want more Kyle Rittenhouse's. Nothing would make their anger boners more rock hard than a fresh round of blood in the street, They crave it. It's what they want.

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Rittenhouse is gonna walk away a completely free man and he will be set for life by either going into politics, becoming a right wing media figure, or both.

He will be set for life the minute the trial is over and he files about 19 million defamation suits against public figures who called him all sorts of things you likely can’t get away with when a person is acquitted of the crime. The settlements will be fast and furious and the kid will never have to work a day in his life.

Just now, sblfilms said:

He will be set for life the minute the trial is over and he files about 19 million defamation suits against public figures who called him all sorts of things you likely can’t get away with when a person is acquitted of the crime. The settlements will be fast and furious and the kid will never have to work a day in his life.

brb changing the thread title

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

i’m going to be so pissed when he gets more money from lawsuits for killing people than I do for the city running me over with a truck 

How much do you think they are going to have to pay you? They really did a number on you 😭

29 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So he's going to turn out like every conservative failson: running for office and holding it indefinitely 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

How much do you think they are going to have to pay you? They really did a number on you 😭

It should actually be a quite a bit as yeah I got fucked in a few permanent ways. Right now the claim is filed and my lawyer is in talks with the city and we will probably be able to settle without it being a lawsuit actually. But we will see! Still this fucker will end up with more for his little killy kills I bet.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

It should actually be a quite a bit as yeah I got fucked in a few permanent ways. Right now the claim is filed and my lawyer is in talks with the city and we will probably be able to settle without it being a lawsuit actually. But we will see! Still this fucker will end up with more for his little killy kills I bet.

I hope whatever it is helps you substantially, bud. What an awful situation

9 hours ago, ort said:

I mean, I understand that this whole thing is dripping with complicated nuance... but this kid is so far removed from being a hero that it boggles my mind. Anyone who thinks he is a deeply disturbed individual.

Once he gets acquitted expect more folks to follow his example since everything will be “justified”

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

Once he gets acquitted expect more folks to follow his example since everything will be “justified”

That's my main concern, even though I now agree that, by the law, he should be acquitted. You're just going to get a lot more wannabe holy warriors showing up to protests that think they'll be protected when they fire at people. And maybe they will, maybe they won't. And then more left protesters will start coming strapped themselves for protection, and then who the fuck knows what happens

19 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's my main concern, even though I now agree that, by the law, he should be acquitted. You're just going to get a lot more wannabe holy warriors showing up to protests that think they'll be protected when they fire at people. And maybe they will, maybe they won't. And then more left protesters will start coming strapped themselves for protection, and then who the fuck knows what happens

Multiple states already passed laws basically legalizing running over BLM protestors with your car if you feel "threatened." Pretty sure we're headed in this direction regardless of the verdict of this trial.