Terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all counts

1 minute ago, Jason said:

logarithms 

The entire quote is crazy...

“iPads, which are made by Apple, have artificial intelligence in them that allow things to be viewed through three-dimensions and logarithms,” the defense insisted. “It uses artificial intelligence, or their logarithms, to create what they believe is happening. So this isn’t actually enhanced video, this is Apple’s iPad programming creating what it thinks is there, not what necessarily is there,”

What the fuck does "allow things to be viewed through three-dimensions and logarithms" even mean, especially in the context of video taken from a security camera?

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The entire quote is crazy...

What the fuck does "allow things to be viewed through three-dimensions and logarithms" even mean, especially in the context of video taken from a security camera?

How can mirrors be real if our dimensions aren't real? 

8 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Everyone involved in this case, but especially the judge are fucking morons.

How is this real life? How are these real people? How does society not collapse in on itself? 

Even if the judge were better, and the prosecutor wasn't trying to throw the case in favor of the Rittenhouse, I think Rittenhouse would still walk, given the evidence presented.  

Rittenhouse had no business being there.  Neither did at least 2 of his victims who were not from Kenosha.  The whole situation sucks, and he should probably face some weapons charges and such, but the evidence for murder is pretty murky.   

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Even if the judge were better, and the prosecutor wasn't trying to throw the case in favor of the Rittenhouse, I think Rittenhouse would still walk, given the evidence presented.  

Rittenhouse had no business being there.  Neither did at least 2 of his victims who were not from Kenosha.  The whole situation sucks, and he should probably face some weapons charges and such, but the evidence for murder is pretty murky.   

It does seem like the letter of the law would indicate self-defense, but the implications of him being innocent are frightening. I think people will absolutely show up to future protests armed with an intent to provoke an attack to justify self defense. 

Of course he's going to walk. He was always going to walk. This whole case is disgusting.

So many of these gun nuts fantasize about gunning down people they disagree with. I honestly think that for many people, one of the main appeals of collecting guns, is keeping the idea in your head that some glorious day you will get the opportunity to shoot some person who comes into your house. You'll get to be the cowboy and stop a crime. You'll get to go out in the streets and shoot some inhuman marauders coming for you and yours. They want this shit to happen.

I don't care what the letter of the law says. He's a murderer. He's a killer. 2 people are dead because of poor decisions he made. Not quick decisions, not some sort of split second incident. He willfully and purposefully and with a great amount of foresight put himself in an incredibly volatile situation with a deadly weapon of war. A situation he had no reason to be in. AT ALL.

Fuck this kid. Fuck everyone who supports this kid. They are all monsters.

27 minutes ago, ort said:

Of course he's going to walk. He was always going to walk. This whole case is disgusting.

So many of these gun nuts fantasize about gunning down people they disagree with. I honestly think that for many people, one of the main appeals of collecting guns, is keeping the idea in your head that some glorious day you will get the opportunity to shoot some person who comes into your house. You'll get to be the cowboy and stop a crime. You'll get to go out in the streets and shoot some inhuman marauders coming for you and yours. They want this shit to happen.

I don't care what the letter of the law says. He's a murderer. He's a killer. 2 people are dead because of poor decisions he made. Not quick decisions, not some sort of split second incident. He willfully and purposefully and with a great amount of foresight put himself in an incredibly volatile situation with a deadly weapon of war. A situation he had no reason to be in. AT ALL.

Fuck this kid. Fuck everyone who supports this kid. They are all monsters.

Does that apply to Grosskreutz, who was armed with a pistol when he was shot by Rittenhouse?

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I personally would not be a dumbass and show up to a riot, armed or unarmed.  

Well yeah. But kidding aside this shit is inevitable when you have a heavily armed populace that values property above human life and has been radicalized to believe social media conspiracy theories. We were a few guns away from congresspeople getting murdered and a presidential election being stolen earlier this year. Something has to give or it’s going to be everything.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

We were a few guns away from congresspeople getting murdered and a presidential election being stolen earlier this year.

You give those morons too much credit

I hate that he's going to walk, but at this point it is what it is. He had no business being there in the first place, let alone with a gun. But the testimony so far leaves a pretty clear self defense case.

Personally, I still think he did the equivalent of daring someone to punch him and then claiming self defense when he punched back, but it seems the law isn't necessarily equipped to deal with that kind of nuance in this particular case.

16 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I hate that he's going to walk, but at this point it is what it is. He had no business being there in the first place, let alone with a gun. But the testimony so far leaves a pretty clear self defense case.

I really don’t understand the “he had no business being there” claim. Who involved “had business” there?

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I really don’t understand the “he had no business being there” claim. Who involved “had business” there?

That's the thing - in this particular case, weren't they all techincally breaking curfew or something? Therefore no one "had business" being there. Still, he very clearly showed up looking for a fight, found one, and ended up killing 2 people. The problem is it just gets into murky territory beyond that.

I still want to think that his decision to show up to a protest with a loaded gun shows enough intent to get hit with negligent homicide, but it's proving to be a lot more slippery than that. Plus the judge is an idiot, not that it seems to matter much.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's the thing - in this particular case, weren't they all techincally breaking curfew or something? Therefore no one "had business" being there. Still, he very clearly showed up looking for a fight, found one, and ended up killing 2 people. The problem is it just gets into murky territory beyond that.

I still want to think that his decision to show up to a protest with a loaded gun shows enough intent to get hit with negligent homicide, but it's proving to be a lot more slippery than that. Plus the judge is an idiot, not that it seems to matter much.

Were the other people who were armed, who had earlier in the night made threats to kill people from Rittenhouse’s group, who chased a minor down and fired the first shot…were they looking for a fight? 

Honestly, this is about as obvious a case of self-defense as you’ll ever find. I think people just don’t realize how whacky our self-defense laws generally are in this country.

28 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You give those morons too much credit

I don’t think it’s giving them credit insomuch as it’s commentary on how wildly unprepared everyone was. Hopefully that event showed people who lucky we got, but you never know.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’d agree that during unrest you can make an argument that nobody needed to be there, but I’m inherently more skeptical of someone from our of state who showed up to “protect” someone else’s property than I am of locals with grievances about police shooting someone in the back. The situation in general sucks.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don’t think it’s giving them credit insomuch as it’s commentary on how wildly unprepared everyone was. Hopefully that event showed people who lucky we got, but you never know.

I’d agree that during unrest you can make an argument that nobody needed to be there, but I’m inherently more skeptical of someone from our of state who showed up to “protect” someone else’s property than I am of locals with grievances about police shooting someone in the back. The situation in general sucks.

It certainly would seem to be a case where nobody expected that a relatively small group of unarmed people could rush the Capitol like they did. You think about all of these terrorist attacks that have be thwarted and the complex planning involved, and it turns out less than 1000 people can just waltz their way right in and if they had really wanted, murder a bunch of politicians.

“Out of state” in this situation is 20-25 minutes from his house. I think all parties involved in the shooting lived roughly 20-45 minutes away from the area they were at.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I hate being asked to stand up and be recognized for my service when we go to public functions, especially sporting events.  It seems so unnatural and awkward.  Listen:  I didn't get shot at or lose a limb.  I did once get a steam burn taking readings in an engine room though.  Thank me for my service. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I hate being asked to stand up and be recognized for my service when we go to public functions, especially sporting events.  It seems so unnatural and awkward.  Listen:  I didn't get shot at or lose a limb.  I did once get a steam burn taking readings in an engine room though.  Thank me for my service. 

You should be thanked by being paid.

• Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It was a gas station that he was "protecting," right? How far away was he from there when the shooting happened?