Terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all counts

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm not sure I'd say upscaling is what we're talking about here. The video in question looks like it came from a security camera and the procecution wanted to zoom in on a small part of the video on an iPad. No matter what, the end result would be blurry mess. There is no AI rendering of the video going on here in real time the way an iPhone would enhance a picture or video taken on it. Even then, that AI enhancement they do isn't instantaneous. Apple fakes it pretty well, but even on the latest Pixel you can see the moment when a picture goes from raw to enhanced after you've taken it. Google doesn't really hide this for whatever Google reasons you can think of.

Just open a random JPG on your phone that you grabbed from Google image search and zoom in as much as you can. There's no AI filtering going on there and it's no different with video.

Oh I know it’s different I’m just saying it’s cool.

Just now, BloodyHell said:

The crux is that you can't say that practicing a constitutional right is not provocation, even though we all know that's false. 

There's also the fact that two of the close crowds had guns  on camera, one fired his on camera just before kyle killed the man threatening his life and grabbing his gun.and one reported his stolen the next morning. None of them were innocent.

Correct, none of them were innocent. The more we've found out about this case, the more I would be totally okay if the roles were reversed and Rittenhouse was the one who was killed, in which case the others should have also been charged with negligent behavior.

(not saying I'd be okay with Rittenhouse being killed, if that makes sense. English hard)

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Moral guilt <> Legal guilt

Exactly, that’s why society should continue to shame him for as long as possible, make it so bad the fox news money doesn’t even help, and then he can morally take care of the situation by eating a bullet.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Correct, none of them were innocent. The more we've found out about this case, the more I would be totally okay if the roles were reversed and Rittenhouse was the one who was killed, in which case the others should have also been charged with negligent behavior.

(not saying I'd be okay with Rittenhouse being killed, if that makes sense. English hard)

I edited what you quoted to try to make it legible, but basically yes. There were a lot of problems that caused unbelievable damage.

Just now, stepee said:

Exactly, that’s why society should continue to shame him for as long as possible, make it so bad the fox news money doesn’t even help, and then he can morally take care of the situation by eating a bullet.

He was a 17-year old kid -- it's his parents that should be shamed for allowing him to be there.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Not only that, 3 adults confronted, threatened, and physically attacked him with weapons. He's not a school shooter.

I mean that’s just because he wasn’t at a school at the time. But yeah, I agree, I can’t decide between gold or silver for the medal either.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean that’s just because he wasn’t at a school at the time. But yeah, I agree, I can’t decide between gold or silver for the medal either.

You're just being ridiculous. If he shouldn't have been there with a gun, you can't wave away the fact that they had them too, both illegally, and fired before him, directly behind him as he ran.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You're just being ridiculous. If he shouldn't have been there with a gun, you can't wave away the fact that they had them too, both illegally, and fired before him, directly behind him as he ran.

Aren’t they already dead? Seems like the remaining one is Kyle to take care of now.

Edit: To be clear, I’m not advocating any violence. Just again arguing not from a legal, but from a moral perspective, that he should kill himself.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Aren’t they already dead? Seems like the remaining one is Kyle to take care of now.

Edit: To be clear, I’m not advocating any violence. Just again arguing not from a legal, but from a moral perspective, that he should kill himself.

Yes, and if Grosswhateverhisname had fired first, I'd feel the same about him. 

I definitely have sympathy for the fact that our children are being radicalized into this by the media. This shit isn't happening organically. We happily fuel the hate machine (social media) that is tearing up the US and world as it fights for two separate and unequal versions of freedom. 

35 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You cannot use silence as an indication of guilt, ever. It's one of the most basic tenets of criminal law. You have a right to remain silent, and anything you say can be used against you", and you think we should be able to use both his words, and his silence, which tells us nothing, against him?

Salinas v Texas disagrees

WWW.OYEZ.ORG

I actually kinda feel less sorry for the kids that are getting into the kind of bullshit that makes you go out traveling to a protest against racial inequality on the side of inequality, with intent to kill.

Like the old people are thrown into this virtual world that is so far removed from how life used to be for them. Kids grew up with this crap and should be able to sort out the bullshit better. They got to grow up with so much less insulation if they really cares to browse outside their parents views.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes, but kyle didn't talk and then shut up. He didn't waive any rights, or speak without an attorney as far as I know.

Maybe don’t use the word “ever” then?

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually kinda feel less sorry for the kids that are getting into the kind of bullshit that makes you go out traveling to a protest against racial inequality on the side of inequality, with intent to kill.

Like the old people are thrown into this virtual world that is so far removed from how life used to be for them. Kids grew up with this crap and should be able to sort out the bullshit better. They got to grow up with so much less insulation if they really cares to browse outside their parents views.

Imagine seeing the people on the channel your family has watched for 30 years. Suddenly your being told every day, police are under attack, your city is burning, people need to draw a line! Kids join the military for far less. 

Also, kyle lived 15 minutes away. He worked in Kenosha where his dad also lived, the idea he traveled to do this is more media fiction. He was getting off work. You have bad "facts", but your mind is made up. It was ok for them to assault him with guns, because he had a gun is not a very good legal reasoning.. he threatened nobody.

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Imagine seeing the people on the channel your family has watched for 30 years. Suddenly your being told every day, police are under attack, your city is burning, people need to draw a line! Kids join the military for far less. 

Also, kyle lived 15 minutes away. He worked in Kenosha where his dad also lived, the idea he traveled to do this is mire media fiction. He was getting off work. 

Okay fine, let me re-write: “I actually kinda feel less sorry for the kids that are getting into the kind of bullshit that makes you go out teleporting to a protest against racial inequality on the side of inequality, with intent to kill.”

And na, I don’t fuck with the “he watched fox news” defense for murder. 

I mean, if you think he is such a fine kid, would you hire him to work in YOUR lumberyard?

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Okay fine, let me re-write: “I actually kinda feel less sorry for the kids that are getting into the kind of bullshit that makes you go out teleporting to a protest against racial inequality on the side of inequality, with intent to kill.”

And na, I don’t fuck with the “he watched fox news” defense for murder. 

I mean, if you think he is such a fine kid, would you hire him to work in YOUR lumberyard?

Look man, nobody said he's a fine kid. Im saying pretending that he was completely at fault is wrong. He killed two people and injured one, who chased him, fired a shot, grabbed his gun, hit him in the head with a skateboard, kicked him in the face and pointed a gun at him in 4.5 seconds 

Look man, nobody said he's a fine kid. Im saying pretending that he was completely at fault is wrong. He killed two people and injured one, who chased him, fired a shot, grabbed his gun, hit him in the head with a skateboard, kicked him in the face and pointed a gun at him in 4.5 seconds 

Ok, well the other people are punished now, right? What more do you want done to them? Dig them up and shoot them again? Jesus christ man, I’m starting to think you see more of a monster than this kid.

Im just saying that Kyle should kill himself in an act of moral justice, you can disagree with that or not, but I don’t see the need for posthumously torturing people already dead. That serves nothing but to hurt the families who already went through one funeral.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ok, well the other people are punished now, right? What more do you want done to them? Dig them up and shoot them again? Jesus christ man, I’m starting to think you see more of a monster than this kid.

Im just saying that Kyle should kill himself in an act of moral justice, you can disagree with that or not, but I don’t see the need for posthumously torturing people already dead. That serves nothing but to hurt the families who already went through one funeral.

I think wishing suicide upon anyone is wrong, period. Your "He shouldn't have been there" argument applies to a whole host of people that night. Including the victims who attacked him. His suicide will bring their families no justice or relief.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I hope you don't actually believe this, and are just putting on an act.

I think wishing suicide upon anyone is wrong, period. You're "He shouldn't have been there" argument applies to a whole host of people that night. Including the victims who attacked him. His suicide will bring their families no justice or relief.

I disagree, I think wishing suicide on someone who deserves to die is a peaceful desire for moral justice. But yes, we just disagree there.

Just now, stepee said:

I disagree, I think wishing suicide on someone who deserves to die is a peaceful desire for moral justice. But yes, we just disagree there.

So you get to decide who deserves to die? 

Why n9t do it yourself if you want to be the hero executioner? Moral justice, bullshit. I bet you're against the death penalty too. But if you personally don't like them, death is ok. Who gets to decide? Do you think that ends well for anyone? 

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Ok, valid. But what you suggest wasn't close to the case you linked. Kyle had not waived his rights by speaking.

I have yet to find a direct quote of what the prosecutor was referring to. There are three “phases” in which remaining silent are treated very differently. The first two phases (non-detention question, pre-miranda detention) after Salinas require an explicit invocation of your rights, while after being mirandized you don’t have to say anything to invoke the right.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Your posts here are unhinged, my man :p 

So you get to decide who deserves to die? 

Why n9t do it yourself if you want to be the hero executioner? Moral justice, bullshit. I bet you're against the death penalty too. But if you personally don't like them, death is ok. Who gets to decide? Do you think that ends well for anyone? 

I get to decide who I think deserves to die, yes? That’s how it works.

All your other questions are answered by how I explicitly stated I am not advocating for any violence. I’m staying a belief of what I think is his moral responsibility to do. You are disagreeing with what I think his moral responsibility is, everything else is just you riding a high horse.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I get to decide who I think deserves to die, yes? That’s how it works.

All your other questions are answered by how I explicitly stated I am not advocating for any violence. I’m staying a belief of what I think is his moral responsibility to do. You are disagreeing with what I think his moral responsibility is, everything else is just you riding a high horse.

You sound like you're in a cult.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I have yet to find a direct quote of what the prosecutor was referring to. There are three “phases” in which remaining silent are treated very differently. The first two phases (non-detention question, pre-miranda detention) after Salinas require an explicit invocation of your rights, while after being mirandized you don’t have to say anything to invoke the right.

Your posts here are unhinged, my man :p 

The prosecution asked him on the stand, why he didn't do press or give interviews on the shooting, giving his version of events. Saying that he was guilty.  That was the first time.

The second was over statements the prosecution knew weren't allowed in court, and had already been ruled on.

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The prosecution asked him on the stand, why he didn't do press or give interviews on the shooting, giving his version of events.

The right not to self-incriminate is about interactions with the state. This actually makes sense of why the judge said the prosecutor was on the borderline. He was using the lack of public comment as proxy for his lack of post arrest comments to police.