~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

AMC and GME charts look very suspiciously similar today. Both bottomed at the same time

I'm thoroughly convinced of the ladder selling claims at this point. Seemed like a very coordinated move. 

I sold my AMC at $9.32. I realized slightly more gain than that because I bought/sold/bought/sold a bunch of times always grabbing 500 shares again and pocketing a couple hundred bucks each time. It was a fun ride and I will probably actually get back into AMC if it goes sub $2.50 as I think there is a ton of upside value.

And somebody in this thread is really tipping their hand hard at their true identity again :p

23 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I have a bit of CNK I bought a few weeks ago for a post COVID play with a theatre with a better balance sheet. It’s not as exciting as AMC, but it’s doing well so far. 

I have some CNK too since it might actually survive the pandemic.

Cinemark is solid. They have always been a more conservative outfit and haven't been as reliant on acquisitions to grow their footprint in the last 10 years. Instead their new buildouts have really choice lease terms and government tax incentives, while AMC and Regal both struggle with awful leases inherited from acquisitions. Cinemark is also the first of the majors to go into the dine-in theater space with new builds. They have realized that the 1995-2015 model of 15-30 screen mega plexes is over, and they need to create better experiences. It will take AMC and Regal time to catch up.

I REALLY like Cinemark's leadership.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Cinemark is solid. They have always been a more conservative outfit and haven't been as reliant on acquisitions to grow their footprint in the last 10 years. Instead their new buildouts have really choice lease terms and government tax incentives, while AMC and Regal both struggle with awful leases inherited from acquisitions. Cinemark is also the first of the majors to go into the dine-in theater space with new builds. They have realized that the 1995-2015 model of 15-30 screen mega plexes is over, and they need to create better experiences. It will take AMC and Regal time to catch up.

Think it's worth getting into?

Lost my bet on sat but currently winning my Arsenal win vs Wolverhampton.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Think it's worth getting into?

Lost my bet on sat but currently winning my Arsenal win vs Wolverhampton.

I definitely see Cinemark as a company that will rebound well in the post pandemic at slide comfortably back into the $30-$40 range. But that will take time. They are very aggressively adapting to the new normal regarding short windows while AMC and Regal are being pretty obstinate about it. I'm negotiating a deal with Amazon right now on behalf of the largest group of small-mid size movie theater operators to get 2 week windows on 12-16 films a year, and Cinemark is the only major chain who has made such a deal with Amazon. Good relationships with streamers, which even the legacy studios are turning into, is key to the future of theatrical exhibition. Cinemark gets that.

Just now, sblfilms said:

I definitely see Cinemark as a company that will rebound well in the post pandemic at slide comfortably back into the $30-$40 range. But that will take time. They are very aggressively adapting to the new normal regarding short windows while AMC and Regal are being pretty obstinate about it. I'm negotiating a deal with Amazon right now on behalf of the largest group of small-mid size movie theater operators to get 2 week windows on 12-16 films a year, and Cinemark is the only major chain who has made such a deal with Amazon. Good relationships with streamers, which even the legacy studios are turning into, is key to the future of theatrical exhibition. Cinemark gets that.

BRB liquidating my savings for cnk

Honestly, if you want to make some real cash, find a place where you can set up a drive in on an old unused parking lot close to a big city and I'll teach you how to run it and money printer go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 minute ago, Jason said:

already have dat fomo doe

Outside of something crazy we aren't seeing, that thing is dropping to sub $10 in the very near future. You made the right choice!

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Honestly, if you want to make some real cash, find a place where you can set up a drive in on an old unused parking lot close to a big city and I'll teach you how to run it and money printer go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go IPO and I’ll invest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Outside of something crazy we aren't seeing, that thing is dropping to sub $10 in the very near future. You made the right choice!

Yeah like I said above I lost about $100 this time, but including the gain from when I sold at $40 it works out to about a $25 loss overall. So that's whatever. My overall cost basis for AMC is less than $100 so I'm willing to just ride that out and YOLO it.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This gives me greater confidence in my conviction I got from my research on them before I dove in a few weeks ago, so I appreciate the insight from someone in the industry. Their leadership style seems well suited for getting through the pandemic and they are stronger financially, so they could withstand some disappointments with vaccine roll outs. Let's hope for $40 in 2 years!

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

got rid of my 3 shares of AMC.  i wasnt being taken to the moon rather the center of the earth

If I lose all of the $80 or whatever I put into AMC that's fine, it was the prospect of wiping out $450 on GME if it crashes back to $10 that was starting to make me sweat a little, even though I could have eaten the loss without it being a big deal.

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Do you think AMC will survive the pandemic? Im going to look at Cinemark as well, but AMC is so cheap, im wondering if I should make an honest investment in it. I know you can't predict the future, but do you think they bounce back long term, or will they be shuttered before vaccine rollout hits enough capacity to get people back in theaters?

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Doesn't work where it's winter 7 months a year, unfortunately. :(

Our only drive in closed about 10 years ago. 

So, the wife figured out our profit and losses from the last week. We made about $18500 because we bought AMC at 7, and sold at 14. (lost about 860 on GME). That went all into apple, MS, and gold), along with the 30k we started with.  That profit includes the dogecoin, we bought 1000$ at about 3 cents,2000 more when it it got to 4. Sold everything except the initial 3000 at 8. 

Im hesitant to put it in btc at this price. I have .3847btc, I want more, but I would like to see a correction before I buy the remainder of a whole one. But if it falls again soon, im finally going to jump on more of it.

what we made in a weird week is nothing to the rich, but to us it changes our financial future quite a bit. We spent the first ten years together funding our sons college education instead of saving for ourselves. We had a 401k, but that was it, and contributions weren't very much. It is only the last 8 years my wife started investing for us, and we were only putting in 100$/month each. She'd buy apple, gold, berkshire, tesla (which was by far our best investment profit wise), but never "traded". The first time she sold a stock is when i convinced her to get out of tesla. So its time for me to start playing around with limited day trading, with a sliver of our profits, just to see. Doing lots of reading about evaluation, marketing, leverage, stuff I knew nothing about.

My point is, last week, I couldn't really afford to buy myself Hitman 3 and was worried about having to spend from our retirement fund. Today I can buy the game, and Wendy's Spicy Chicken tenders. Small steps.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Do you think AMC will survive the pandemic? Im going to look at Cinemark as well, but AMC is so cheap, im wondering if I should make an honest investment in it. I know you can't predict the future, but do you think they bounce back long term, or will they be shuttered before vaccine rollout hits enough capacity to get people back in theaters?

My crystal ball says AMC will make it through to the other side, and hopefully a little leaner by ditching or restructuring a lot of their bad acquisition leases.

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Doesn't work where it's winter 7 months a year, unfortunately. :(

Our only drive in closed about 10 years ago. 

Is it generally pleasant to be outside May-August? Cause summer seasonal drive ins are definitely a thing!