~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

I fucking hate the snow. I hate the cold. You might ask yourself "why do you still live in the northwest?" It would be a totally fair question. I'd say normally I go on vacation about this time every year specifically to avoid having to answer that question. Then covid happened, and now I'm considering moving.

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I: Tell us about yourself.
J: Well my family owns a restaurant in NYC.

I: Holy shit. You are Joe from DIP who bailed on WSB. Wow. Please leave. 

I’m actually still holding my 25 shares. This $200 loss somehow offsets in my brain the several thousand dollars I’ve made since Thursday.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought a put is just a hedge on the price going down? Are you up 200% or did you just avoid losing a bunch of money when it tanked today?

I'm still down overall but I'm up 200% on my puts.

Puts are like a short but instead is a contract for the option to sell the stock at a predetermined price.  There are plusses and minuses between puts and shorts but one of the main ones is that my max losses are just the price of the contracts instead of unlimited with shorts also my potential gains are much higher. The minuses is that they are time limited and theta eats away at my gains the longer I wait.

I sold some contracts today and holding some still.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The gains I’ve made on CCIV today alone has practically offset AMC for me.

Not financial advice... but buy CCIV on its next dip, fam. :p 

What the hell does CCIV, as a company, even do?

Anyway, Intel is in a bit of a dip so I'm thinking about putting more into them, especially if they go lower.  In 2-3 years I can see them bouncing back like AMD did with Ryzen.

48 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Ya'll should have gotten on the put train yesterday. Up 200%

I got some good prices on 2/15 $50 puts this morning. Feeling good about it. I still have some shares with a pretty low cost basis, but figured it would be smart to hedge.

33 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

What the hell does CCIV, as a company, even do?

They make me money!

:p 

The easiest explanation is that they’re a company with a ton of cash that buys other companies, namely Lucid, which is going to wreak havoc on Tesla in the next year. As long as the acquisition happens, they’re going to be a moon-based stock.

Anyway, Intel is in a bit of a dip so I'm thinking about putting more into them, especially if they go lower.  In 2-3 years I can see them bouncing back like AMD did with Ryzen.

Arguably by this time next year they should bounce back with Alder Lake as long as it’s not complete BS and delivers on DDR5. Rocket Lake-S could give them a boost too, as it uses PCIE 4.0 (at the cost of cores)

57 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I got some good prices on 2/15 $50 puts this morning. Feeling good about it. I still have some shares with a pretty low cost basis, but figured it would be smart to hedge.

There might be a dead cat bounce tomorrow but id sell those shares as soon as you can. This rocket ship is only heading down. (Not financial advice)

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

They make me money!

:p 

The easiest explanation is that they’re a company with a ton of cash that buys other companies, namely Lucid, which is going to wreak havoc on Tesla in the next year. As long as the acquisition happens, they’re going to be a moon-based stock.

Arguably by this time next year they should bounce back with Alder Lake as long as it’s not complete BS and delivers on DDR5. Rocket Lake-S could give them a boost too, as it uses PCIE 4.0 (at the cost of cores)

When Intel switches to a chiplet design like AMD has with Ryzen, they are going to make a lot more profit on their processors because chiplets are cheap as fuck to produce compared to the old monolithic way.  This is what I'm really banking on with their stock.

Likewise, I'm also curious as to how AMD will do when it brings the chiplet design to Radeon GPUs.  Even if it's a gaming failure, compared to Nvidia, it just might be a datacenter win.