~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There needs to be a thorough reevaluation of security clearances for every single person who holds them. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

For all those who said that this insurection "Isn't us".

210110065556-exp-gps-web-extra-0110-fone
WWW.CNN.COM

Preeminent historian Eric Foner tells Fareed about moments in America's history that serve as antecedents to the storming of the U.S. Capitol.

This has happened before... and WORSE. Black Americans had more political power after the Civil War. Until armed White folks in the South took it back.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

What we're seeing now is the payoff for pulling the plug on Reconstruction prematurely. 

Nathan Bedford Forrest and Wade Hampton should have been executed after the war.

2 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

This seems like two days wasted.

Realistically the 25th is the only way he leaves early, impeachment should be drawn out and just start dragging him and all of lackey's, I mean he'll have no way to refuse congress if they call him in to testify after the 20th as well.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Requires 2/3rds to actually kick them out, so we'll likely just get a bunch of censures, what needs to happen is a Biden DOJ charging them with sedition.

Yep.  Members of Congress are not immune from prosecution while in office, unlike the President.  It should be pretty easy to piece together enough hard evidence (emails, texts, etc.), and witness testimony to indict at least a few of them. 

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Requires 2/3rds to actually kick them out, so we'll likely just get a bunch of censures, what needs to happen is a Biden DOJ charging them with sedition.

Now, I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I read it as anyone who is convicted of sedition is out, straight up. And the 2/3rds vote is to allow them back in.

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

From what I understand, a Congressperson who is jailed still technically gets to serve in Congress, insofar as their ability to vote is concerned. This was a protection against just jailing political opponents. But if they're part of an insurrection, they're removed from office. Being banned from holding office is the "disability" laid out in Section 3 that can be overruled by the 2/3rds vote.

3 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Now, I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I read it as anyone who is convicted of sedition is out, straight up. And the 2/3rds vote is to allow them back in.

From what I understand, a Congressperson who is jailed still technically gets to serve in Congress, insofar as their ability to vote is concerned. This was a protection against just jailing political opponents. But if they're part of an insurrection, they're removed from office. Being banned from holding office is the "disability" laid out in Section 3 that can be overruled by the 2/3rds vote.

Actually could be correct.

dc-leaders-knew-about-the-threat-of-righ
WWW.BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM

Concerned the president might invoke the Insurrection Act to commandeer the city police, DC council members never expected an assault on the Capitol itself.

DC statehood needs to happen, and for reasons that don't have anything to do with the balance of power in the Senate

• Guillotine 4

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I swear if this is the Endgame of a long con to install Pence as President all it will do is turn Pelosi into Jar Jar Binks..

Whatever happens it all will get spun as a Leftist  power move to subjugate the population and those folks are too far gone as is

With all the info and details popping in from everywhere... I wonder what the 100% successful version of the Coup looks like..

-Pence overturns votes, ignores protest and GOP goes along cause Dems are gutless and the GOP owns the narrative....

-Pence does his job as he did, but Trumps people get their hands on Senators and Representatives....deadly harm comes to the Senators and Trump gets to declare Martial Law?   Or Perhaps Trumps little elves goal is only to destroy electoral votes just buying more time to grift and steal presidency

-Same events occur but a small part of armed forces backs Trumps right to the Presidency and they are part of the crowd moving into Capitol...

I swear its like thinking about the contingencies within all the Jokers plans where any variation of chaos is in itself a win