"Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox"

CitizenVectron

15 minutes ago, TomCat said:

Of course you do you're smarter the ceos

You're really dense if you think Microsoft isn't going loss-leader.  It's the same playbook all big tech uses.  Phil just says not to worry about the math as consumers, because his job to make it sustainable in the long run.  I'm not disagreeing with him here.

4 minutes ago, TomCat said:

Ms better keep all these new ip to xbox pc eco system

I've seen speculation that Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online will continue to have PS5 updates and support, but the remainder of the IP's and games will most likely become Xbox/PC Exclusive.  

Personally, for a business case for Microsoft, it makes sense to keep the games exclusive, but I hope if they do, they do some on a timed bases.  Release on Xbox/PC and Game Pass, then 6 months to a year later release on Playstation/Switch, whatever makes sense.  The more people that get to play these games the better, and I think the value proposition of Game Pass as well as the 6 months or year timing, would drive enough people to make the investment worthwhile.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

I've seen speculation that Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online will continue to have PS5 updates and support, but the remainder of the IP's and games will most likely become Xbox/PC Exclusive.  

Personally, for a business case for Microsoft, it makes sense to keep the games exclusive, but I hope if they do, they do some on a timed bases.  Release on Xbox/PC and Game Pass, then 6 months to a year later release on Playstation/Switch, whatever makes sense.  The more people that get to play these games the better, and I think the value proposition of Game Pass as well as the 6 months or year timing, would drive enough people to make the investment worthwhile.

I'd love to see MS offer free next-gen upgrades for all the titles on PS5

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

Ongoing PlayStation support for ESO has already been announced:

Wow, glad I have GP for another 2 years. I should try to get back on MS rewards to extend it some more. 

As for sayswho and what Sony will do, I think they will counter with smaller acquisitions like Housemarque and Bluepoint. Sony doesn't need to buy some big publisher like MS does, whether or not they can afford it. 

58 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Agree

I only see possible exception being Elder Scrolls

Why would you expect Elder Scrolls to be the exception? If there was one franchise here that would allow MS to capitalize on being exclusive, I think Elder Scrolls would be it.

Of course, it's the game that would sell the best on other platforms, but sales potential on other platforms hasn't exactly held back exclusivity before.

I would expect that the only games to go to the PS5 will be the ones that they're contractually obligated to port.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Why would you expect Elder Scrolls to be the exception? If there was one franchise here that would allow MS to capitalize on being exclusive, I think Elder Scrolls would be it.

Of course, it's the game that would sell the best on other platforms, but sales potential on other platforms hasn't exactly held back exclusivity before.

I would expect that the only games to go to the PS5 will be the ones that they're contractually obligated to port.

The same reason why MS has kept Minecraft multiplatform

I feel  positive about this, maybe for the wrong reasons. It seems to me that:

Prey 2 is now more likely, the Dishonored series could get taken off of ice, and Elder Scrolls games may have shorter development cycles with a better engine.

Microsoft has been funding some good things lately. They added games to Steam, AOE2 Definitive Edition+ AOE3 and 4 in dev, Obsidian and Flight Sim. Things could be worse!

25 minutes ago, ARZ said:

The same reason why MS has kept Minecraft multiplatform

Minecraft was already out on every platform possible. The value of the thing was in being everywhere when MS bought it. As a multiplayer game it also enjoys a network effect.

A new Elder Scrolls game is an entirely different proposition.

21 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Minecraft was already out on every platform possible. The value of the thing was in being everywhere when MS bought it. As a multiplayer game it also enjoys a network effect.

A new Elder Scrolls game is an entirely different proposition.

Minecraft is also just a cultural phenomenon as well. I wouldn't hold my breath on Fallout 5/TES6 hitting the PS5. 

Wow.  Owning only a PS4 this gen I might be biased but I'll definitely miss the convenience of having 90% of the games that interest me all in one place.  Are Capcom, CDPR, or Take Two next? Depending on the studios they keep acquiring and to what extent games will be platform exclusive things could get messy.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

About that...

16684p2kjg.jpeg
[Edit: Better chart]

There will be a push eventually.  What that looks like, who knows.

This doesn't tell the whole story... Netflix started offering streaming in addition add to the disc delivery service back in 2007. Also these price hikes are for NEW customers as the chart shows.