"Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox"

CitizenVectron

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

For the new consoles:

XboxSeriesXandS_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Now more than ever, gaming plays an important role in our lives. As one of the greatest forms of creative expression, gaming sparks in our imagination and connects us to new worlds, stories, and our friends. On November 10, a new generation of console gaming begins. That’s when our vision becomes reality with the most […]

Didn't really read it but I don't know what the PC price will be. 

This is only if you want to buy the new consoles with All Access. Game Pass by itself is still $15 a month for both consoles and PC.

1 minute ago, The def star said:

This is only if you want to buy the new consoles with All Access. Game Pass by itself is still $15 a month for both consoles and PC.

Which may be a good deal if Game Pass increases in price but I doubt it will happen in the short term. Subscriber growth is way more important for Microsoft. 

Just now, rc0101 said:

I don’t see Gamepass prices increasing drastically. They are going the Netflix way. 

Yup, the goal is scaling subscribers up, rather than milking current subscribers a few more $ a month.  You want people to sub at a price they will forget about and just stay subbed.  Once you hit a certain price point, that number will drop off big time.

The reason they were so big on xCloud is they want people with no hardware at all, no PC, no Xbox Console, to be able to sub as well.  It's too early to know what will happen but hey are pushing it heavily in Asian countries that are big into mobile gaming.

This aged well:

WWW.RESETERA.COM

With Sony buying Insomniac Games and Microsoft buying Double Fine and likely other acquisitions coming soon. The era of Industry Consolidation is now in full swing. So the question, when will we...

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Netflix did’t have another revenue steam to rely on so they needed to up prices along the way. Microsoft could take the hit longer to get the subs due to its financial standing. 

That's true, but the eventual goal here would be to make it sustainable.  Something's gotta give if they want to keep all these employees on payroll long term.  Even more true now.

In the short term, I agree.  It's about building that subscriber base, getting them hooked on the distribution medium.

4 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

$8 to $16 in 6 years isn’t drastic to me

It’s also really $8-$13 over nearly a decade when comparing apples to apples (the regular tier of service in the middle). They added other tiers with different service levels over time.

I think it’s also worth noting that there are other ways that companies generate money off of games besides the original purchase price. Those things aren’t going away. I mean, some of the biggest franchises going right now charge $0 for the base game. The world is changing.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s also really $8-$13 over nearly a decade when comparing apples to apples (the regular tier of service in the middle). They added other tiers with different service levels over time.

I think it’s also worth noting that there are other ways that companies generate money off of games besides the original purchase price. Those things aren’t going away. I mean, some of the biggest franchises going right now charge $0 for the base game. The world is changing.

This is also true.  We aren't going to see MTX or season passes go away.  Also, what about introducing different tiers to the subscription?  It would only make sense to take a look at Netflix's business model over time.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

That's true, but the eventual goal here would be to make it sustainable.  Something's gotta give if they want to keep all these employees on payroll long term.  Even more true now.

In the short term, I agree.  It's about building that subscriber base, getting them hooked on the distribution medium.

Stock worth over 400 bucks a share Netflix lol at crispy4000 response

Just now, crispy4000 said:

This is also true.  We aren't going to see MTX or season passes go away.  Also, what about introducing different tiers to the subscription?  If subscriptions are supposed to be idolizing Netflix, it would only make sense to take a look at their business model over time.

MS already has tiered Gamepass, regular and ultimate. But I think the magic of Gamepass for developers and publishers is that it incentivizes users to try out their titles that they otherwise would not have. With the micro transaction model invading the industry, this gives those companies many more bites at the Apple than if they were forced to compete as a $30-$70 standalone title.

Additionally, there is likely value to these companies in putting titles on Gamepass to gin up excitement for further entries in the series.

Onviously the whole subscription model could crash and burn, but I see how it could work and stay relatively low price wise longer than something like Netflix which relies exclusively on the subscription to cover costs.

5 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

IF MLB The Show is coming to Xbox I don't see any reason a new Bethesda game wouldn't come to PSN.  Maybe not at launch, but a few weeks later. 

Pretty sure Major League Baseball essentially pushed this for the license.

Microsoft already releases Minecraft on everything, as well as select other titles on Switch and what not.

7 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

IF MLB The Show is coming to Xbox I don't see any reason a new Bethesda game wouldn't come to PSN.  Maybe not at launch, but a few weeks later.

Most Bethesda games have no license holders to satisfy, unlike MLB.  After the previous contracts expire, I think most of their games will not come to PS5.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

Most Bethesda games have no license holders to satisfy, unlike MLB.  After the previous contracts expire, I think most of their games will not come to PS5.

Agree

I only see possible exception being Elder Scrolls