"Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox"

CitizenVectron

13 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Would much rather an overhaul of The Evil Within 2, but that's really cool.  TEW2 is criminally underappreciated.

Hopefully it’s coming later. Never played either one so I should get into the first now that it got updated.

I bit on Prey and it runs and looks just fine on my one x. Played 2 hours so far and it's pretty cool. Nothing amazing just yet but it has me wanting to play more. I had to force myself to stop so that's always a good sign. 

I dropped Imortals Fenyx Rising after 13 hours. It just bored me and I wasn't invested in the characters or story. 

50 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX

Yea, I remember you dropping it, too. It's definitely not a bad game by any means but feels like I've been there done that 100 times before type game. I'm tired so I'm not even sure I'm making any sense now. 

Anyway, I should have listened to you. :/

For those who played Prey. I'm only 2 hours in and I've been using the wrench as my primary weapon. I got a pistol and the GLOO Cannon and that's it so far. The pistol is worthless against the 2 enemy types I've ran into thus far. 

Do you get better weapons as you progress and are they effective? Also, I've only ran into the mimics and phantoms with regards to enemy types. Is there more variety later on? 

@ManUtdRedDevils I know you played it. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

For those who played Prey. I'm only 2 hours in and I've been using the wrench as my primary weapon. I got a pistol and the GLOO Cannon and that's it so far. The pistol is worthless against the 2 enemy types I've ran into thus far. 

Do you get better weapons as you progress and are they effective? Also, I've only ran into the mimics and phantoms with regards to enemy types. Is there more variety later on? 

@ManUtdRedDevils I know you played it. 

Yes, the weapons and abilities become much more effective and different enemies will begin appearing.  The game actually has a very elegant progression curve, and the beginning forces you to play a certain way because you are so weak and the enemies are so lethal.  I think it is genuinely the best immersive sim ever made, and by that I mean the choices that you have in any given scenario that you may not even recognize as possibilities.  Experiment with the traversal that the GLOO gun affords you, and try to think yourself out of situations that arise.  The physics of the game allow for some really creative solutions to problems, and there were a few things that I learned about after playing that blew my mind (I won't spoil them here).

I would recommend the recycle skill early on, as it allows you to eventually craft neuromods.  If you carefully explore and recycle things often, you'll end up maxing out most of the skills by late in the game, and it plays very differently by then to what you're experiencing now. 

If you end up really enjoying the game, I highly recommend that Mooncrash expansion, as it doubles down on everything that makes Prey amazing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Yes, the weapons and abilities become much more effective and different enemies will begin appearing.  The game actually has a very elegant progression curve, and the beginning forces you to play a certain way because you are so weak and the enemies are so lethal.  I think it is genuinely the best immersive sim ever made, and by that I mean the choices that you have in any given scenario that you may not even recognize as possibilities.  Experiment with the traversal that the GLOO gun affords you, and try to think yourself out of situations that arise.  The physics of the game allow for some really creative solutions to problems, and there were a few things that I learned about after playing that blew my mind (I won't spoil them here).

I would recommend the recycle skill early on, as it allows you to eventually craft neuromods.  If you carefully explore and recycle things often, you'll end up maxing out most of the skills by late in the game, and it plays very differently by then to what you're experiencing now. 

If you end up really enjoying the game, I highly recommend that Mooncrash expansion, as it doubles down on everything that makes Prey amazing.

Awesome! Thank you for the detailed post. I'm going to be firing it up shortly.

I'll tell you what. Navigating through Talos1 can be very confusing and difficult. My main issue now is where to go next. It's a pretty complicated game with a lot to do and a lot thrown at you at once. 

Kinda making me feel discouraged to keep playing.